[RUMOR] Motorola Solana

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
21250d1291067609-rumor-motorola-solana-images.jpg

Well like all good things I always like a good rumor and I like to share them even more.

So, most of you are already aware of the Motorola Etna/Olympus sporting the Nvidia Tegra 2 that will be released early next year on AT&T and VZW. But have you heard about the Solana?

Xbernaut of HoFo (VERY VERY reliable source) has just sprung this new Motorola handset on everyone. For those of you who like sliders you will be VERY happy. I quote: "as for what you guys are talking about, Etna and Solana, they are nice units to and should do well like the X and D1 did in the beginning. 1 is the all touch and the other being a slider.it appealed to all users."

No specs or anything else was given on the handset, just that little bit of info. So there you have it! A mysterious Motorola handset gets a mention.

Stay tuned!!
ck

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Super slider phone makes spaz happy. I can't wait to hear more.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Dan_08

Reaction score
And i was looking to get the D2G..... A slider with good specs is a winner for me!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would like to have a SuperSlider too - I am kin to my PKB and think I would have a difficult time with something else - time will tell

BigMace23

Reaction score
Very interesting... my biggest hope though is for this next line of high-end Motorola phones to have unlocked bootloaders and be hacker friendly.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Very interesting, I was wondering when the first line of superphones with Keyboards would come out.

I just ordered a Fascinate thru mail that I plan on flipping pretty quick. I just want to see if I can do an all touch thing screen. If not, I finally have an option now!

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Very interesting... my biggest hope though is for this next line of high-end Motorola phones to have unlocked bootloaders and be hacker friendly.

Don't hold your breath. They've already said the Droid was the exception to their business model. It sucks, but it is what it is. It's probably just a regular keyboard. I don't believe anyone credible actually said anything about a slideout lcd keyboard. People just kinda ran with the idea.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mjforte

Reaction score
This sounds like the phone for me!! I was disappointed when I found out the Moto Etna had no keyboard. I need a physical keyboard, most of all for emulators and also I like texting better on a physical, rather than virtual keyboard anyway. I'm hoping it has a Tegra 2 and a 4" screen.

krazienluv10

Reaction score
This sounds like the phone for me!! I was disappointed when I found out the Moto Etna had no keyboard. I need a physical keyboard, most of all for emulators and also I like texting better on a physical, rather than virtual keyboard anyway. I'm hoping it has a Tegra 2 and a 4" screen.

ditto, im excited now!!!

pyro6128

Reaction score
Now this where its at. A super slider, count me in.

Hot Sauce

Reaction score
I like the idea of a truly new style phone to replace the Droid. I appreciate the Droid phones that have come out since the Orig Droid but honestly they werent anything ground breaking compared to the Orig Droid, In my opinion just expected upgrades in the areas like screen size, processor etc... Now for a truly new generation of phone to come out it would have to seriously up the ante, like the Orig Droid did, with LTE capabilities standard, this rumoured dual processor would help, maybe World capabilities standard , anything that would make it truly new and different for 2011. In any event, I have great hopes for this coming year and Android powered phone technology. And I have to root, no pun intended, for a slider with physical keys, having fat fingers isnt good for touch screen keys or my floundering career as a proctologist... not really

Sauce

GryphonD

Reaction score
Curious to see what becomes of this. Been holing out and will continue to, for an DX sized SliderKB

pyro6128

Reaction score
Yea I've used all of the new droid that have come out, and honestly, theyre very underwhelming. The droid was such a break through, and everything else just kinda added a little bit, but lost some points in other areas. That being said, its been a year since I got it, and while I love it still, I would love to be wowed again like I was with the OG Droid