[Rumor] Motorola DROID Bionic Gets Cancelled

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
well

From the "official" Bionic Twitter page....

DroidBionic Droid Bionic

The Motorola Droid Bionic has NOT been cancelled. Tune in here for future updates on the Bionic.

6 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Joke?

nice to see they actually finally responded but that is so vague that doesnt preclude the bionic being a different phone, or who knows maybe the may 15th date is still right. would definalty have to see people use it for a couple weeks before id touch it, but great find, but with all thats gone on the last 4 days that tweet is very vague , guess well have to wait to see what it means.

motorhaith

Reaction score
if it has been cancelled, wouldnt motorola take it down? i just checked motorola's website and its still on the site... Just my two cents..

illmatic636

Reaction score
I really don't see Moto having a device that was cancelled still up there site with all other current devices. I agree that this makes no sense in the speculation. And that is all this really is, speculation.

Maybe this is all just a good topic, but I think it's more just delayed, then cancelled.

Creez

Reaction score
Hope?

Hi All,

I've been lurking these boards for a while, reading up on droid phones that are coming out, and Bionic has caught my attention. I'm looking to switch from an iphone right now (I know, I know. lol).

Anywho, I too was hoping that the rumor that the Bioinc was canceled isn't true, so I've been scanning the net, like the rest of you. Just looked it up again, and I found this:

Motorola: Droid Bionic Will Launch With Verizon Wireless In Summer - WSJ.com

Sorry if it's already been posted. But, it looks like Motorola has officially addressed it.

EFGantry

Reaction score
the statement from Moto is exactly what was predicted by the guys over at HoFo - the Bionic, in its current form, is scrapped, and Moto is going to focus on the Targa development, and release the Targa as the "new" Bionic in Q3...

EFGantry

Reaction score
...Q3 being the original target date for the Targa, anyway.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
the statement from Moto is exactly what was predicted by the guys over at HoFo - the Bionic, in its current form, is scrapped, and Moto is going to focus on the Targa development, and release the Targa as the "new" Bionic in Q3...

My interpretation of the article, it will be the original Bionic that will be released despite the speculation of it changing to another model.

EFGantry

Reaction score

My interpretation of the article, it will be the original Bionic that will be released despite the speculation of it changing to another model.

well, i don't think anyone expected Moto to come out and say that they've scrapped a device because it has too many problems - of course they're gonna spin it! they want to make "improvements" to the Bionic?? i'll bet just about anything that those "improvements" not-so-coincidentally match up with the rumored Targa specs, and that there won't be a second device. also, it's easy for them to just rename the Targa as the Bionic, since the Targa hasn't been officially announced - it's all about the spin... :)