[RUMOR] Motorola "Vanquish"

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
rumor.jpeg

Howard Forums is the premier source of reliable Motorola rumor, and that is why we are bringing you this latest handset rumor. Motorola is scheduled to release a follow up to the Droid X2 with a handset that is going by the name of "Vanquish". It is not known at this time if that is the release name or codename, but supposedly the handset has a "gorgeous screen." Details are sparse, but the source was able to reveal that the screen would be a little larger, it would have a Carbon Fiber back w/ non removable battery and come in a little lighter and slimmer than the Droid X series. It was also described as having a better build quality than the Droid X with the "hump" still in place. It goes without saying that the handset is scheduled to release with ICS.

The device the source handled is a very early build. They suggested that it won't be released anytime soon, and certainly not before summer. A question was fielded about it possibly being a follow up to the RAZR, to which the source replied, "nothing about it remotely indicates it's part of the Razr line." Could it be the Intel powered Moto phone that was leaked yesterday? The verdict is out on that one because the source has not replied to that question. Stay tuned right here for any new updates.

UPDATE: according to the source, the handset is definitely not the leaked Intel powered phone (linked above). It is described as having a" full glass face" with 13MP shooter and no SD Card.

Via: HoFo

Last edited by a moderator:

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I don't know who thinks up some of the 'new' features but a non-removable battery is IMHO just terrible. I sat on a bus for 8 hours last weekend with 50 college kids. All working their devices and the only happy ones were those who had a spare battery (me included!). I wound up letting one use my nexus cause his phone had died. Non-replicable memory is also not so good but if big enough I suppose it is tolerable but certainly not desired for several reasons discussed in the forums.

jdroid80

Reaction score
I don't know who thinks up some of the 'new' features but a non-removable battery is IMHO just terrible. I sat on a bus for 8 hours last weekend with 50 college kids. All working their devices and the only happy ones were those who had a spare battery (me included!). I wound up letting one use my nexus cause his phone had died. Non-replicable memory is also not so good but if big enough I suppose it is tolerable but certainly not desired for several reasons discussed in the forums.

Ways around it: Bigger batter (ie, maxx) OR portable charger $30 @ verizonwireless.com problem solved.

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What I find surprising is that it seems like a new trend with Motorola to not offer removable batteries. The RAZR, RAZR Maxx, Droid 4, and now this phone, all without a removable battery? Instead of following Apple's design cues, they need to go back to being the upstart that does things differently.

rowdyguy124

Reaction score
Wow. Who would of thought that Motorola would have new phone coming out this year. I thought they would have stopped this non-sense by now.

apotheosis415

Reaction score
HA!

"we will slow phone production" hehehe. Just love bringing that up every time a new device is teased or rumored.

apotheosis415

Reaction score
What I find surprising is that it seems like a new trend with Motorola to not offer removable batteries. The RAZR, RAZR Maxx, Droid 4, and now this phone, all without a removable battery? Instead of following Apple's design cues, they need to go back to being the upstart that does things differently.

I have to remove my d3 battery often. Since it freezes up on me often. I hope they have a remedy to reboot when no battery can be pulled. eeeeek!

wolstonc

Reaction score
I really thought they would use the razr line to replace the x line. I don't see the need for more than 2 lines of phones... one with a keyboard and one without. Plus the x series tends to get released around the same time as the regular Droid series, hence why the razr seemed to work better

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

apotheosis415

Reaction score
Good point!

I really thought they would use the razr line to replace the x line. I don't see the need for more than 2 lines of phones... one with a keyboard and one without. Plus the x series tends to get released around the same time as the regular Droid series, hence why the razr seemed to work better

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Very good point. They are almost visually identical, minus 4g. and chopped corners. Which I dont get anyway. I think it looks clunky.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Sounds to me like another Droid Razr but with a new name. Thx DX had a great build quality. We'll see I guess.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Non removeable batteries aren't that big of a deal to me. As long as the battery built in is good.

As for the Vanquish let me take a guess on the specs...

4.65" 720p Super Special Aweseome AMOLED HD+^2 Display
TI OMAP 4460 @ 1.5GHz
1GB RAM
32GB internal storage
LTE
8MP 1080p Rear 2MP 720p Front
MicroUSB/HDMI
ICS 4.0.3