[RUMOR] Motorola Solana

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
as much as i love my Droid x, and motorolas great sturdyness to thier handsets, if they keep locking up the bootloader they can EAD as i jump ship to a different brand.

I _feel_ like that too, but unfortunately, I think everyone's gonna lock their bootloaders, like, until the second coming. At least on any unit you're likely to actually want.

Crappy, I know. But it looks like the writings on the wall for all manufacturers to do this. I hope we keep feeding the hackers ;-)

It's not the locking of the bootloader that bothers me, or even the encryption of the lock (Have you nothing BETTER to do with your time, Motorola?) but the booby-trap of that efuse thingy is just plain vindictive nastiness. Motorola has shown their true, EVIL color with that move.

"Anyone with a rooted Motorola phone who installs an over the air update is simply asking for trouble. It's like inviting Jack The Ripper into your living room."

-Mike

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
as much as i love my Droid x, and motorolas great sturdyness to thier handsets, if they keep locking up the bootloader they can EAD as i jump ship to a different brand.

Word. LG will likely be my next device from what I hear of them not yet implementing encryption or chips yet, if only they hold out long enough for a blockbuster device to come to market before doing their dirty work too they could gain huge market %age.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Thats the dell laptop with the tilting screen.far from a tablet.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
What is the point in that? The lid tilts on it's own, why would you need the screen tilted separately? It looks like you can reverse the LCD and put the lid down to turn it into a tablet.

Exactly the point; Tilt the screen out, close lid= tablet.
- open lid, turn screen in, notebook.
I know, that's what I said, but the other poster said this was not a tablet.