Motorola Vanquish and Asanti to Drop on Verizon and AT&T

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
motomobility.jpeg

We finally have a name for the much talked about Droid RAZR HD that has been making it's rounds across the blogosphere. We also have information on another Motorola device scheduled to drop on AT&T. First up is the Motorola Vanquish (Droid RAZR HD) which will be sold on Verizon. The Vanquish will be the first high definition model in the Droid line-up, packing a beautiful 1280 x 720 pixel display, LTE capabilities and Ice Cream Sandwich. The device is coming to Verizon under the model number XT926, to China as XT922 and XT980, and globally as the XT923 (UMTS) and XT925 (LTE). Other specs and release dates are still unknown at this time.

Next up is the Motorola Asanti which will be dropping on AT&T's LTE Network. The Asanti will come equipped with a full QWERTY Keyboard and 960 x 540 qHD display. Sound vaguely familiar? If you said Droid 4 that's our thoughts exactly. The handset will hit AT&T's network with the model number XT898, with the XT897 and XT896 designations assigned to other regions.

So the mysterious Droid RAZR HD has a new name, and the wait for more details begins...

Source: Pocketnow

Last edited by a moderator:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'll take two!!!

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
wait-in-line.jpg

I passed up on one razr and I regret it....ima try not to do it again.:biggrin:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Kewl, so we'll be sporting the same device.. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I would love to be the guy that comes up with these code names/phone names. I know Samsung has their own guy, and that just sounds like a dream job!

johnd09

Reaction score
If the HD has the same battery as the maxx I may have to dump the blunderbolt and buy it. If the bootloader is unlocked I will wait in line for it.

Sent from a BAMF'd 'bolt using Droid Forums

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
moto and verizon? i'll put my money on locked.
/waiting for this one.
time my update comes around should be right when this drops down to 1/2 price? about a month or so after launch?

i cant wait to see more details!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
moto and verizon? i'll put my money on locked.
/waiting for this one.
time my update comes around should be right when this drops down to 1/2 price? about a month or so after launch?

i cant wait to see more details!

It's worth noting that San Jay was huge into the locked bootloader. With him gone it's possible future devices won't have it as such a problem. Now that he's gone... who knows what the new guy will do.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have nothing to bet but hey if its does not allow for an unlockable feature I will open a thread on vanquish forum and say "Tgyberg you were right".

Caesars

Reaction score
Edited to avoid confusion

Last edited:

jerkwad

Reaction score
Not that I have ANY idea, but if I had a 4g phone now + an upgrade I'd be buying the iPhone with contract, reactivating old 4g phone, and selling iPhone for New doublemaxx $$$ :)
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

contract phone [iphone] (299.99) + non-contract phone [droid "doublemaxx"] ($649.99) - contract phone [iphone] ($400.00) = 299.99+649.99-400 = $549.99

how exactly is that a good idea? just buy the droid "doublemaxx" on contract for $299.99 and save yourself about $250.00 ;-)

now that i just saved you $250.00 give me 50% of that - i'll give you my paypal account info :-D