OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
correct Husker an OTA can't fix problematic hardware. Would be cool though : )

I'm glad that xbernaut did what he did. It was well played....

So is the Atrix not affected to the same degree?
thats a good question. I haven't heard anything more about the Atrix.

wingdo

Reaction score
correct Husker an OTA can't fix problematic hardware. Would be cool though : )

I'm glad that xbernaut did what he did. It was well played....

I am really curious as the Atrix is interesting as well and the AT&T account manager for my company is basically offering me a free one and incentives to switch from Verizon which should cover my ETF.

creaky

Reaction score

I am really curious as the Atrix is interesting as well and the AT&T account manager for my company is basically offering me a free one and incentives to switch from Verizon which should cover my ETF.

I am curious about this too. My impression from the original leaks was that the Bionic/Atrix BOTH had the same PMU issue. So, if it can fixed for Atrix, then I assume no problem for the Bionic. If the Atrix launches without problems, then it follows that the Bionic would be fine as well. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

EdForsythe

Reaction score
I have discussed this with the aforementioned source and its related to the PMU, which he says is too late in the process to be changed.

Severe overheating even when sitting idle, power fluctuations and cold booting problems. All of them render the device unusable at this stage, so he says.

Anyone who doesn't believe what he says about Motorola devices is sorely misguided.

He is one of the only reliable sources posting anywhere on the web with real hands on experience with all of them.

Let me get this straight. He is saying that Moto is releasing a product that is "unusable." Doesn't sound like a rational decision and I doubt that Moto would consider something that foolish.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I have discussed this with the aforementioned source and its related to the PMU, which he says is too late in the process to be changed.

Severe overheating even when sitting idle, power fluctuations and cold booting problems. All of them render the device unusable at this stage, so he says.

Anyone who doesn't believe what he says about Motorola devices is sorely misguided.

He is one of the only reliable sources posting anywhere on the web with real hands on experience with all of them.

Let me get this straight. He is saying that Moto is releasing a product that is "unusable." Doesn't sound like a rational decision and I doubt that Moto would consider something that foolish.

I just look at the sources... Engadget said it best!!! Editorial: bugs on unreleased phones don't matter (update: Motorola says phones will 'ship as scheduled') -- Engadget

Update: Good news -- Motorola just dropped us a line to say "that there are no overheating issues and the products will ship as scheduled." Huzzah!

creaky

Reaction score
Update: Good news -- Motorola just dropped us a line to say "that there are no overheating issues and the products will ship as scheduled." Huzzah!

So says Motorola. Any one heard of any overheating issues with the Atrix?

And what is the "scheduled" ship date? Still end of Q2?

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState

Yesterday i went to the AT&T store to mess with the Atrix for about 5 Minutes.. It was cool to the touch and it had been on and charging since the store opened the guy told me.. After messing with the phone I really want the Bionic... The Atrix was very fast and no choppy-ness and by the way no overheating... It is a great phone.. If the Atrix was on Verizon I would get it.. I know that it is coming to Verizon in the 4thQ, but i do not want to wait that long.. So Bionic here I come.. I might go there again this weekend to mess with it some more...

creaky

Reaction score

Yesterday i went to the AT&T store to mess with the Atrix for about 5 Minutes.. It was cool to the touch and it had been on and charging since the store opened the guy told me.. After messing with the phone I really want the Bionic... The Atrix was very fast and no choppy-ness and by the way no overheating... It is a great phone.. If the Atrix was on Verizon I would get it.. I know that it is coming to Verizon in the 4thQ, but i do not want to wait that long.. So Bionic here I come.. I might go there again this weekend to mess with it some more...

Thanks, Preach! Do give us a full report of your impressions of the Atrix. I'm on board with you: I'm waiting for the Bionic; it can't come fast enough....

Java

Reaction score
So if the Bionic comes earlier than expected I think it could snag a lot of people looking at the HTC Thunderbolt. Anyone think that Motorola might be realizing this?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

I just look at the sources... Engadget said it best!!! Editorial: bugs on unreleased phones don't matter (update: Motorola says phones will 'ship as scheduled') -- Engadget

Yeah, but what Engadget failed to mention, didn't know, or didn't want to discuss is that three continually reliable insiders each independently validated each other on the issue. I can understand some people being skeptical of one insider (even one with a proven track record of always being correct). But when there are three insiders, all of whom are always accurate with their information, and all of whom had information on the exact same issue from different sources, there must be something to it.

creaky

Reaction score
It was my understanding that the PMU problem afflicted both the Bionic and the Atrix. Now that the Atrix is out in the world with no overheating issues I'm assuming the same is true of the Bionic.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
It was my understanding that the PMU problem afflicted both the Bionic and the Atrix. Now that the Atrix is out in the world with no overheating issues I'm assuming the same is true of the Bionic.

It is two reasons maybe the info was false about the overheating or they fixed the problem... I Messed with the Atrix yesterday for about 20 minutes it did not over heat at all... It is very fast!!!! Games played fast and Browsing was very fast...

creaky

Reaction score

It is two reasons maybe the info was false about the overheating or they fixed the problem... I Messed with the Atrix yesterday for about 20 minutes it did not over heat at all... It is very fast!!!! Games played fast and Browsing was very fast...

So, Preach, are you sold on the Bionic?