Moto's Bionic is Dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droid101

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
With so many amazing phones on the way, and now the Droid X2 rumored to be a dual core machine, there's tons to be excited about. The beast phones are coming!!!

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

I'm not trying to be rude or discredit your info but why does this make it official? They are running the same exact story every other site is running just changed the wording up. I say nothing is official until Moto or Verizon come out with an official statement on the matter.

They where the first to have heard from Motorola not HoFo although it started there. I am one that is hoping that it is not true... I want to hear from the Panda about today's news. I posted what he said the other day a few days ago. I am hoping that it still holds true!:icon_eek:

Droid101

Reaction score

I'm not trying to be rude or discredit your info but why does this make it official? They are running the same exact story every other site is running just changed the wording up. I say nothing is official until Moto or Verizon come out with an official statement on the matter.

They where the first to have heard from Motorola not HoFo although it started there. I am one that is hoping that it is not true... I want to hear from the Panda about today's news. I posted what he said the other day a few days ago. I am hoping that it still holds true!:icon_eek:

Yeah I saw what panda had said and I hope he is correct too:)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
a recent post from the panda

blackmannx
user_online.gif

Android Intermediate
rank3.gif

Device(s): Bolt, D2Global, DX, Fas
ROM/Kernel: Stock Everythang!
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif

Long day is over... I think I understand where this cancelled news is coming from. still cant believe that verizon would be so... misguided, but alot lately has shocked me. I have to confirm with some moto people and some folks on my side.

If so.. guess some folks get collector items to go with their Merge devices... lol

will update accordingly.

Droid101

Reaction score
a recent post from the panda

blackmannx
user_online.gif

Android Intermediate
rank3.gif

Device(s): Bolt, D2Global, DX, Fas
ROM/Kernel: Stock Everythang!
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif

Long day is over... I think I understand where this cancelled news is coming from. still cant believe that verizon would be so... misguided, but alot lately has shocked me. I have to confirm with some moto people and some folks on my side.

If so.. guess some folks get collector items to go with their Merge devices... lol

will update accordingly.

If you ask me that doesn't sound too good. Anyone else think that or am i misreading?:icon_eek:

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

We will see, but right now Im taking that with a grain of salt until I see it from a report from vzw or motorola. I find it hard to believe they would show that phone then scrap it. Especially since its basically the atrix.

Actually it's not basically the Atrix. At least not in my mind. Atrix is 4 inches with a finger print scanner 1gb of ram, a totally different radio, and Webtop mode. The Bionic has 512mb of ram , no Webtop, 4.3 in, CDMA and LTE radios. I think that might be kinda big hardware wise. The only thing they probably share is the same processor. It's been rumoured to have problems for the longest. I seriously doubt they'll announce anything about it being scrapped for a different phone. It'll probably just show up as a different phone with nothing said from them. They'll probably call it the same thing and your average consumer will have no idea.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
With so many amazing phones on the way, and now the Droid X2 rumored to be a dual core machine, there's tons to be excited about. The beast phones are coming!!!

I'm not excited about the X2 at all. No ffc? No thanks. I know, I know, a lot of people wouldn't use it, but I'm not buying one without a front facing camera. And yeah it seems like the Panda is about to go along with it too. Really looking like it's scrapped to me.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how in the world you guys can get worked up over a phone. There's another thread similar to this (as usual) in the Bionic area.

If the cancel it who cares, really. There will be others to take it's place.

Then again it is a forum and I guess we do need tings to talk about....Just remember it's just a phone.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I don't think we're really getting worked up. Just a healthy discussion. Personally, I hope it gets scrapped for the Targa.

jimmydene84

Reaction score
+1 ^^^^^^.....beat me to it.....haha, that's for hookbills comment

Sent from my Droid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol..ok, touché. I guess I'm just getting prepared. Seen too many of these type of threads.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Lol yeah. I'm pretty sure some people will be worked up if it's made official. Save that post. You're probably going to need it at a later date.

Status
Not open for further replies.