Moto's Bionic is Dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkippyBoy217

Reaction score
The targa looks cooler.. I liked everything about the bionic except for its ugly look

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums

EFGantry

Reaction score
UPDATE: A trusted source has told us that the Bionic is canceled, but only so that Motorola can retool the specs. There will indeed eventually be a handset with the name “Droid Bionic”, but it will have superior specs to what we saw in Jan. at CES. More as we get it.

Has the Motorola Droid Bionic Been Canceled? | TechnoBuffalo

Sigh... the wait is so long...

this would seem to be consistent with wnrussell's post on HoFo - the Bionic may be scrapped in it's current configuration, and the Targa will take its place (and possibly renamed as the Bionic).

girlsliketech2

Reaction score
UPDATE: A trusted source has told us that the Bionic is canceled, but only so that Motorola can retool the specs. There will indeed eventually be a handset with the name “Droid Bionic”, but it will have superior specs to what we saw in Jan. at CES. More as we get it.

Has the Motorola Droid Bionic Been Canceled? | TechnoBuffalo

Sigh... the wait is so long...

this would seem to be consistent with wnrussell's post on HoFo - the Bionic may be scrapped in it's current configuration, and the Targa will take its place (and possibly renamed as the Bionic).

Perhaps the revamp will up it from 512 to at least 1 Ghz to try and compete with the other phones coming out?

I don't know much about Targa, but hope it comes out before July. I'd love to get away from the BB before july (happy birthday and graduation to me gift).

EFGantry

Reaction score
i can't recall for sure, but i do believe the Targa was rumored to have 1gb ram.

all the info thus far says Q3 for the Targa. July is a little optimistic, imo. I would bet more on Sep, to directly compete with iP5.

BeerManMike

Reaction score
Or maybe development for the Bionic was so bad that is was going to be pushed back to late june and development for the Targa was so good that is was moved up to june that they scrapped the Bionic for the Targa, which would have better specs?

Or maybe this is all BS and the Bionic is ready for a 21/28/ or may 5th release and we're worrying for nothing. dancedroid

EFGantry

Reaction score
even if the Bionic does come out, i ain't touching it! love Moto devices, but all these rumors (plus all the previous reports of serious flaws) tells me to wait. right now, my preference list is: Targa, GS2, and then D3 a distant 3rd...

Droid101

Reaction score
Considering the rumors I thought I would just do the Live chat with both Motorola and Verizon here is the transcript of the two chats. It isnt much but it doesn't say the rumors are true or false but I thought I would share anyways.

Last edited:

EFGantry

Reaction score
just my $.02, but i would say the silence is deafening...

Reaction score
Its gonna be funny when the bionic comes out in 2 weeks and all these sites loose all their "leaked info" credibility :eek:

You have just been post-pwned.

IanG

Reaction score
Considering the rumors I thought I would just do the Live chat with both Motorola and Verizon here is the transcript of the two chats. It isnt much but it doesn't say the rumors are true or false but I thought I would share anyways.

Nice attempts at censoring your last name. Lol.

Not sure why everyone feels the need for 1gb of RAM... good luck loading apps to use even the 512mb of RAM that was slated to be on the Bionic.

I'm still gonna say that it's released. Not sure why people would think a level 1 chat support rep. will have "insider" info on the bionic being cancelled or not. If it's still on Motorola's website, I think we're still good to go.

Droid101

Reaction score

Nice attempts at censoring your last name. Lol.

Not sure why everyone feels the need for 1gb of RAM... good luck loading apps to use even the 512mb of RAM that was slated to be on the Bionic.

I'm still gonna say that it's released. Not sure why people would think a level 1 chat support rep. will have "insider" info on the bionic being cancelled or not. If it's still on Motorola's website, I think we're still good to go.

lol Thanks:) Im not really good at it. But I do agree I didn't think that the Level 1 rep would have insider info just if they had any type of official statement on the matter. I agree with you because if the bionic really was scrapped I would think the Moto and/or Verizon would have an official statement already released and the level 1 techs would have something showing in the computers that they are allowed to say.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
deja vu delay rumors again. Had that with the tbolt and it finally made its way tp the public. I expect the bionic to be on time. Besides what do the have to research they basically taking the atrix and srtipping it down for vzw. Yes I know the obvious is probably the same challenges htc was having with vzw lte network. The bionic will be fine and gingerblur will be a nice touch for that device. Happy droiding for those getting the bionic.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
If they do release this phone as is I won't touch it. History of too many problems. I think they might just release the Targa as the Bionic. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.