[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for the Droid X

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go into camera settings and check the box to zoom with volume buttons.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

leftspin

Reaction score
Did you try flashing 2nd init cwm and then flash the files?

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...

just tried that, same result. read on the CM7 forum to try taking a couple lines of code out of one of the files in the zip, don't remember the exact details right now but I'm gonna give that a try later and see what happens

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
just tried that, same result. read on the CM7 forum to try taking a couple lines of code out of one of the files in the zip, don't remember the exact details right now but I'm gonna give that a try later and see what happens

Let me know how you get it to work. I have seen people with issues but have not been able to replicate them to try and figure it out. I have flashed CM7GB with new and old clockwork from other ROMs and on fresh SBFs. I guess I am just lucky.

did cvps merge cmz to gingerbread in the nightlys yet

They have not yet as far as I know. Have yet to do my afternoon research so if I find otherwise I will post it in here.

leftspin

Reaction score
Let me know how you get it to work. I have seen people with issues but have not been able to replicate them to try and figure it out. I have flashed CM7GB with new and old clockwork from other ROMs and on fresh SBFs. I guess I am just lucky.

The fix they offered on the other site didn't work either. I guess I'm just gonna go back to Shuji or MIUI, I like CM7 but not enough to deal with the hassle of not being able to update it.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
The fix they offered on the other site didn't work either. I guess I'm just gonna go back to Shuji or MIUI, I like CM7 but not enough to deal with the hassle of not being able to update it.

I wish I had a good solution for you. It may have something to do with it being such an outdated ROM. Maybe try restoring another backup, perhaps stock .340 if you have it, and then install it from there. I believe the recommendation is to install it from a fresh SBF but it has not been necessary for me thus far. If you decide to go back up to .602 for Shuji then try the latest MIUI which is on GB or the CM7GB which is excellent.

leftspin

Reaction score
I wish I had a good solution for you. It may have something to do with it being such an outdated ROM. Maybe try restoring another backup, perhaps stock .340 if you have it, and then install it from there. I believe the recommendation is to install it from a fresh SBF but it has not been necessary for me thus far. If you decide to go back up to .602 for Shuji then try the latest MIUI which is on GB or the CM7GB which is excellent.

I'm gonna try installing CM7 from a fresh SBF just because I really like the stability and speed of it. I have tried the latest GB MIUI, and I have to be honest, I'm not impressed. It's buggy and the battery life hasn't improved much, so as much as I love MIUI, I'm leaving it alone until they can work out the bugs with the GB kernel. Looks like it's gonna be either CM7GB or Shuji for me. Thanks for all the help anyway!

EDIT: I'm a bit confused now... I flashed this version of CM7 from the newest MIUI on the GB (.602) kernel. Am I no longer on the GB kernel now? Will I have to SBF to .602 to flash a GB ROM or will I be able to flash something like the newest Shuji right over what I have now?

Last edited:

goldenlegacy

Reaction score
If it's just market and gmail, I would try reinstalling latest google apps from the ROM manager

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I'm having FC's when doing this. I'll access the market to download the Google apps, and right when the download begins, it FC's and I'm not able to access market again.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I'm gonna try installing CM7 from a fresh SBF just because I really like the stability and speed of it. I have tried the latest GB MIUI, and I have to be honest, I'm not impressed. It's buggy and the battery life hasn't improved much, so as much as I love MIUI, I'm leaving it alone until they can work out the bugs with the GB kernel. Looks like it's gonna be either CM7GB or Shuji for me. Thanks for all the help anyway!

EDIT: I'm a bit confused now... I flashed this version of CM7 from the newest MIUI on the GB (.602) kernel. Am I no longer on the GB kernel now? Will I have to SBF to .602 to flash a GB ROM or will I be able to flash something like the newest Shuji right over what I have now?

Ok now you have me confused. In your CM Forums post I believe it said you installed the RC0 and were trying to update to a newer official nightly? And you say you flashed RC0 straight from MIUI-GB?

leftspin

Reaction score
Ok now you have me confused. In your CM Forums post I believe it said you installed the RC0 and were trying to update to a newer official nightly? And you say you flashed RC0 straight from MIUI-GB?

I flashed the rc0 straight from GB MIUI and now I'm trying to install a newer nightly. The kernel version that I have now is 2.6.32.9

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I flashed the rc0 straight from GB MIUI and now I'm trying to install a newer nightly. The kernel version that I have now is 2.6.32.9

Well honestly I have no idea how that worked. To install the rc0 you needed to be on froyo .340 not on gb .602. It makes sense why the new official nightly wont install since you are on the wrong kernel version. But again, how the rc0 installed is beyond me.

leftspin

Reaction score
Well honestly I have no idea how that worked. To install the rc0 you needed to be on froyo .340 not on gb .602. It makes sense why the new official nightly wont install since you are on the wrong kernel version. But again, how the rc0 installed is beyond me.

Well that's bizarre then. Looks like I'll be SBFing again soon

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Bizarre is definitely the word. At least we know why the other wont install now though.