[ROM] [6/6/2012] CM7 for the Droid Pro based on GB

aiamuzz

Reaction score
Recently bought a pro and installed this ROM. It's awesome, everything's running smooth and fast :)

I've only encountered one problem so far, that is sometimes when making or receiving a call, the screen simply turns off and refuses to switch back on. Sometimes it does after a minute or so but other times I need to perform a battery pull. I've tried tweaking various settings to see what's responsible but no luck so far. Anyone has any idea why?

Where are u coming from ... a clean install ?

--- Sent from my DROID Pro ---

hudasp

Reaction score
Amazing ROm. I have 2 questions about CM7 in Droid Pro.
1. is it possible overclock to 1200 MHz on this ROM? I tryed change values in bootstrap folder, but it doesn´t work and my max. value is 1000 MHz.
2. how I change bottom button funkction? App Button Remaper doesn´t work, manual edit keychars files in /system/usr/keylayout doesn´t work too.

Any ideas?

surfturtle82

Reaction score
JackpotClavin, thanks for this amazing ROM.

Could you also please port this for the Sprint XPRT MB612?

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I never tried to do overclocking before for the pro. From what I've heard from DX users, it isn't very significant and is oftentimes buggy and prone to reboots.

As for the Sprint version, I don't have the device so I really don't know where to start, sorry :'(

mortimermax

Reaction score
I had to use Volume+ to increase call volume, as I could barely hear it. Unfortunately, this makes DSPManager FC every time I receive/make a call :(

In my experience this happens when you miss a step in installing/updating to CM7. The first thing you can try is to just wipe Dalvik and then repair permissions. If it still isn't working you will have to try to reinstall, but make sure you wipe data/cache, then go to mounts and format system, then go to advanced and delete Dalvik. After all this, install the CM7 zip.

facuu

Reaction score
another update?

on another forum (xda) I've seen another update of this rom , the 8-8 one, but it doesn't seem to be in here, being this one the official thread, so i wanted to ask: is the 8-8 version official and the most up to date? or still the 6-6 version is the last one?

My pro is from Personal, (Argentina), can I use this rom or is it only for verizon phones?.

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
The 8/8 update is from last year. The 6/6 is from this year.

I'm not sure if either one will work on your Pro or not. It probably wouldn't matter once you switch to GSM in the settings, but I'm not sure.

facuu

Reaction score
thanks for the answer!
Anyway if it doesn't work we can still go back to default with rds lite isn't it?
Is this rom stable enough for daily use? I have an lg gt 540 and we have plenty of roms there, and a lot of development, but with this droid pro it seems a little bit more difficult the rom thing, so i'm just asking that lol
Anyway thanks!
I'll give it a try.

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
As long as you can get to the bootloader, you can always wipe with RDS.

I haven't used this ROM in a long time, but it was pretty stable back when I was on it. It was more stable than CM9 for sure, and I consider that stable enough for daily use.

You should probably go back through this thread and look at posts by dettofatto. If I remember correctly, he was able to put this ROM on his European Pro, so that may tell you if there's anything special that you need to do with yours.

igotgame

Reaction score
Would flashing this rom add Bluetooth MAP (message access profile) to the Droid PRO? I know Cyanogenmod has added that to their roms in the past, just curious if it is included in this Droid Pro rom?