[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for the Droid X

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No problem. Sorry it took so long for us to nail it down. Strange circumstances for sure!

leftspin

Reaction score
No problem. Sorry it took so long for us to nail it down. Strange circumstances for sure!

Just found out how it flashed over the .602 kernel. I had gotten the ROM .zip file from a friend's computer while I was at his house because he was insisting that I just HAD to try out CM7. I just texted him and found out that this isn't an official CM7 build, it's the RC0 that another developer took and tweaked to run on the .602 kernel, which would explain why I couldn't get the nightlies to install either

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
How can I sync a Facebook account? I can only do Google.

Just download facebook and install it. Open it up, sign in, and then it should then prompt you to sync contacts etc. On the newest version you may have to go into settings and select to sync if it does not prompt you to when you open it.

Just found out how it flashed over the .602 kernel. I had gotten the ROM .zip file from a friend's computer while I was at his house because he was insisting that I just HAD to try out CM7. I just texted him and found out that this isn't an official CM7 build, it's the RC0 that another developer took and tweaked to run on the .602 kernel, which would explain why I couldn't get the nightlies to install either

That would make more sense then it just working for sure.

1dtms

Reaction score
Im currently using CM4DX and would like to go to the CM4DX GB version, and im reading these instructions from here
RootzWiki
And on step 5, turns out I need a .602 file. The links are not in that thread however. How can I go to GB?

this is my current phone right now

EDIT:
is this the right one?
http://www.mydroidfiles.com/downloads/TBH/602-Odexed-AIO.zip

also what version am I in? normally I would see people on either .602 or .340, but I dont see where my phone stands. Any ideas?

99problemz

Reaction score
Im currently using CM4DX and would like to go to the CM4DX GB version, and im reading these instructions from here
RootzWiki
And on step 5, turns out I need a .602 file. The links are not in that thread however. How can I go to GB?

this is my current phone right now

EDIT:
is this the right one?
http://www.mydroidfiles.com/downloads/TBH/602-Odexed-AIO.zip

also what version am I in? normally I would see people on either .602 or .340, but I dont see where my phone stands. Any ideas?

Yes thats the one. If you are on cm4dx you are running froyo .340

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
did the merege the cm7 to gbcm7 yet?

Not yet. If you are reluctant since they are not official nightlies I will say they have been very stable for me. No issues and I have been running them for a while now.

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...

1dtms

Reaction score
I just SBF to .340, how do I go to gingerbread kernel so I can install gingerbread CM7?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I just SBF to .340, how do I go to gingerbread kernel so I can install gingerbread CM7?

Did you already sbf to 340? If you didn't there is one for 602 you could use and then just root using the one-click root. If you already did then just take the ota.

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...

chefb

Reaction score
just checking i brought a bionic so im playing with that to .......i will most likly flash revs, thats in rom manager?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
just checking i brought a bionic so im playing with that to .......i will most likly flash revs, thats in rom manager?

Nope they are not in ROM Manager. But they are in jrummy's ROM Toolbox.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
You can get it in the free one. I downloaded it from there earlier today.