Cyanogen Mod Custom Boot Animation!!!

Alex K.

Reaction score
Nice work!!

I just used terminal emulator to install mine. Here's what I did.

Mount your filesystem as r/w (I used Droid Root Helper)
Open Terminal Emulator
$ su
Allow Root (if applicable)
# cp /sdcard/bootanimation.zip /data/local/bootanimation.zip

Its pretty trivial if you're familiar with Linux command line operation.

$su
#mv /sdcard/bootanimation.zip /data/local/bootanimation.zip
#reboot

using the move command, it will no longer be on your SD card after applying the new bootanim. Just be sure that bootanimation.zip is in the root directory of your SD card.

EDIT: Actually, you do not need to mount your filesystem, considering mounting mounts /system and not /data.

I chose to keep it on my card because I wasn't sure if its going to survive a ROM upgrade in the future. I'm not too familiar with the filesystems that are r/w and what aren't. Thanks for the info :icon_ banana:
If you wipe data and cache, bye bye boot animation. But if you're upgrading Cyanogen (which I would guess you are running, considering you have a Cyan boot animation) there shouldn't be any problems with losing your ani. :)

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
How do I go back to the original bootanimation if I already installed this using terminal emulator? I don't have root explorer.

KanadaKid

Reaction score
This thing is awesome man!

Is there anyway you could put the link back to the smaller version with the rotating arrow? I would personally prefer my animation to keep going until the phone finishes loading.

Otherwise I love this, should make some friends jealous! :)

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nice

That's one of the smoothest boot ani's I've seen yet, well done!

mattgyver83

Reaction score
omfg this is amazing. This should be the stock boot animation for cm5. Thanks for the great work, now I can enjoy having to reboot my phone.

Shabbypenguin

Reaction score
Alright guys, sorry to be the red headed stepchild, but i must say i am in love with this boot animation.. but i have an htc hero any chance of this being resized to lower res phones? :D pretty please?