Cyanogen Mod Custom Boot Animation!!!

gonzo319

Reaction score
can this be installed using terminal emulator? or is it just through root explorer thanks

Alex K.

Reaction score
can this be installed using terminal emulator? or is it just through root explorer thanks

Terminal emulator goes as follows (don't type $'s or #'s and have the bootanimation.zip on the root of the sd.):

$su
#mv /sdcard/bootanimation.zip /data/local
#reboot

voila.

Alex K.

Reaction score
I love this. Thank you so much!

What would be really sick though is if the arrow loop in the background of the CM android would spin in the final frames, just like the lights flash on the droid eye.

androidmike

Reaction score
It's not working for me. I pushed it via adb and when I reboot it's just a black screen that eventually pops up the homescreen. Do I need to unzip it and push it over?

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
Look awesome jost what ive been looking for..
DLing now i will post after i get it going

kingsnap

Reaction score
Very good work!

First time installing a boot animation, very good instructions and very nice work on the entire animation! :icon_ banana:

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
well its up and running AWESOME!! i LOVE it man would gladly donate

i would agree that this should be included in the next CM release HOWEVER i have always liked that CM is basic/ no theme, no really special stuff... leaves it free to mod it yourself ... but have it in the "Extras" section in RM for sure

Last edited:
OP
cole20444

cole20444

Reaction score
I love this. Thank you so much!

What would be really sick though is if the arrow loop in the background of the CM android would spin in the final frames, just like the lights flash on the droid eye.

The funny thing is my original animation had the arrow looping in the final frames! The problem was my animation was getting fairly large and i decided to cut the last part for better performance.

someguy9

Reaction score
video of it in action that I made

[video=youtube;oZkicTPxh00]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZkicTPxh00]YouTube - Custom Boot Animation for Cyanogenmod[/video]