Cyanogen Mod Custom Boot Animation!!!

chemist109

Reaction score
I altered this bootanimation so the particle spray at the end would cycle. Unzip the bootanimation.zip file and then just move frames 00289 through 00364 to the part1 folder. Rename 00001.png to 00365.png in the part 1 folder and then zip the archive back up. You MUST use the "store" compression method when you zip it up or your animation won't work. Looks great with only a few little hitches toward the end of the boot sequence.

Reaction score
Do you just install zip from sd in cloclwork recovery. Cause that didn't work for me.

Just mount your droid to your PC and place the bootanimation.zip file at the root of your sdcard. Then using root explorer navigate to your sdcard, long press on the bootanimation.zip file until a popup menu appears. Select "Move" or "Copy". Once you select one, "Paste" and "Cancel" buttons will appear near the bottom of your screen. Now, press the back button to move to the root of your file system. Then navigate to data/local/ and then press "Paste". You'll be prompted to overwrite the existing bootanimation.zip. Press "OK". Then reboot.

There's also a way to do this through terminal emulator, but this is the simplest way.

I am using root explorer:

I found the boot animation zip in system/customize/resource

So should I just move and paste my new boot animation here and label it "VZW_bootanimation.zip" like the stock one is labeled??? And what about sound, how do I merge the boor sound with the animation?