Cyanogen Mod Custom Boot Animation!!!

cole20444

Reaction score
Hello everyone, to show my appreciation for Koush and all the work he's done to provide us the badass ROM Cyanogenmod. I decided to create a Cyanogenmod boot animation. Enjoy!

HERE IS THE FULLSCREEN VERSION:

Cyanogenmod Particles

UPDATE: New boot installation method from jRummy16

Installation instructions:
Using Root Explorer:
Mount your droid to your PC and place the bootanimation.zip file at the root of your sdcard. Then using Root Explorer navigate to your sdcard, long press on the bootanimation.zip file until a popup menu appears. Select "Move" or "Copy". Once you select one, "Paste" and "Cancel" buttons will appear near the bottom of your screen. Now, press the back button to move to the root of your file system. Then navigate to data/local/ and then press "Paste". You'll be prompted to overwrite the existing bootanimation.zip. Press "OK". Then reboot.

Using ADB:
Download the zip file and place it in the tools directory of the Android SDK. Mount your droid. Then using a command prompt on your PC "cd" to the Android/tools directory and type the command:
adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local
Hit enter, and once this command is done processing type reboot and hit enter.

Last edited:

bitter

Reaction score
Very cool! Putting it on my Droid right now!

Thanks!

romanrish

Reaction score
Do you just install zip from sd in cloclwork recovery. Cause that didn't work for me.

bitter

Reaction score
Download the file, put it into you Android/tools folder.

Go into adb

type
adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local

VIOLA

OP
cole20444

cole20444

Reaction score
Do you just install zip from sd in cloclwork recovery. Cause that didn't work for me.

Just mount your droid to your PC and place the bootanimation.zip file at the root of your sdcard. Then using root explorer navigate to your sdcard, long press on the bootanimation.zip file until a popup menu appears. Select "Move" or "Copy". Once you select one, "Paste" and "Cancel" buttons will appear near the bottom of your screen. Now, press the back button to move to the root of your file system. Then navigate to data/local/ and then press "Paste". You'll be prompted to overwrite the existing bootanimation.zip. Press "OK". Then reboot.

There's also a way to do this through terminal emulator, but this is the simplest way.

bitter

Reaction score
Do you think it'd be possible to make this thing full screen? I just love the animations.

sandfreak

Reaction score

Just mount your droid to your PC and place the bootanimation.zip file at the root of your sdcard. Then using root explorer navigate to your sdcard, long press on the bootanimation.zip file until a popup menu appears. Select "Move" or "Copy". Once you select one, "Paste" and "Cancel" buttons will appear near the bottom of your screen. Now, press the back button to move to the root of your file system. Then navigate to data/local/ and then press "Paste". You'll be prompted to overwrite the existing bootanimation.zip. Press "OK". Then reboot.

There's also a way to do this through terminal emulator, but this is the simplest way.

i want it! this seems the easiest way, but what's root explorer? an app?

bitter

Reaction score
Yes, it's a paid app. No one that is rooted should be without it!

Hexus

Reaction score
holy cow man that is awesome. Good job! I love it!

sandfreak

Reaction score

i wasn't prompted to overwrite. it just pasted it in the data/local area....what do i do? :)

never mind, i just re booted and it worked. didn't prompt to overwrite tho so that's weird. also re booted 3 times before it finally stayed on. that's not an issue with the boot animation because it did it earlier too. anybody know whats up with that?

Last edited: