[ROM] [6/6/2012] CM7 for the Droid Pro based on GB

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
DO NOT INSTALL THE BOOTSTRAPPER ONCE YOU HAVE INSTALLED CYANOGENMOD; DOING SO WILL MAKE YOU HANG AT THE M LOGO AND YOU WILL NEED SO SBF. THESE CYANOGENMOD BUILDS HAVE CLOCKWORKMOD BUILT IN SO ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS HOLD THE POWER BUTTON, SELECT REBOOT AND CHOOSE RECOVERY AND PRESS OK

Builds from now on after this point will have our boot menu that I ported over from the CyanogenDefy team and EncounterICS builds for the Droid X. From now on, instead of selecting Reboot -> Recovery, when the phone is at the red M logo when it's booting up, the LED will flash blue for a second. If you happen to press the volume rocker down when it's blue, it will take you to a boot menu which from there you can select Recovery -> Clockwork recovery

NOTE: The new ROMs with the boot menu will have a newer version of clockwork recovery which may cause incompatibility issues. The reason behind this is that our version of clockworkmod from the D2 Bootstrap makes backups that are in the .img format. So your backup of system will be called system.img. The newer clockworkmod versions make ext3.tar backups (tar is kinda like .zip files). The implementation of ext3.tar files make for much faster backups and restorations. However, many people have had issues restoring .img files from the newer clockworkmod versions.

Luckily for you guys, I've made a tiny, tiny zip that you can flash that will allow you to boot into the older clockwork recovery to restore your backups from pre-(whenever this new zip will be posted dates)

All you will have to do is enter the bootmenu, choose recovery, then clockwork. From there, you can install this tiny zip that will make it so that, after you install the zip, when you reboot, it will boot into the older clockwork recovery so you can restore a previous backup that is in the format of system.img if CM7 isn't your thing :)

The md5sum is 97ca408e50cfa53b38b95aa7c1035f20, is ready for download here: 6-6.zip

6-6.zip adds:
Hopefully some GSM stability
A camera wrapper that allows us to use the on-screen zoom controls in the camera app
Some love for APNs

Since the last zip way back in November, I added:

A working voice search button (you need to download the official Google app from the market)
The issue where settings did not stick when you modified them and required a reboot to take effect has been rectified
Torch works (Yay!)
Camera and Video Camera work
1% Battery
Charging while off

From now on, the Droid Pro CyanogenMod 7 builds that I will post will forever need to be installed on top of the Official Gingerbread build's kernel. I'm doing this so we all have the newest radio file and kernel to standardize all of our systems so bugs do not only occur if you have an outdated setup file or whatnot.

The Official Motorola Droid Pro Gingerbread SBF can be download from here https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/droid-pro-sbf-files where you can download the one called VRZ_XT610_4.6.8_user_signed_1FF.sbf.zip

From there, you can use the Droid 3 Root method to acquire root, then download the OTA RootKeeper app from the market, where you can keep root and download the newer Gingerbread update from Blur_Version.4.6.8.XT610.Verizon.en.US.zip (thanks pavlak21!) You can put that update on your sdcard and update through the STOCK RECOVERY, NOT CLOCKWORK

After updating to one of the Official Gingerbread builds, in order to install the Cyanogenmod ROM for the first time, you must:
Download the latest build and put it on your SD card
Root using the one click root for the Motorola GB builds
Install the Droid 2 Bootstrap
Reboot into recovery
Go to mounts and storage, and wipe system, data, and cache
Go back and choose install zip from SD card
Install zip
Reboot and enjoy

CDMA users, I couldn't test out whether 3G data worked, but voice should work

GSM users, I cannot test out whether GSM service works in the US, but our beta testers will help us find out

If you are simply updating your phone with a newer build, you can just put the .zip file on your sdcard, reboot into recovery, choose install zip from sdcard, and navigate to the newest build, and install. After finished, you should wipe your cache, and reboot

Last edited:

TooUglyForU

Reaction score
Awesome news!!! Going to try out after work.

Any chance of having a list of what is fixed in this new build?

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Gosh, a ton of stuff has been implemented in the past month or so; whether you see that or not I'm not sure, but I added USB tethering under Settings ==> Wireless & Networks, There's a new lock screen available and basically some optimization to make things run smoother and faster. I added new modules for the WIFI that I never changed over from Froyo and I have seemed to fix the stupid bug where switching from 3G to WIFI and vice versa caused data connectivity issues

google123

Reaction score
Sweet!!! Looks like I have something to do while at work tonight! :D Thanks Jackpot!

clueless77

Reaction score
i dont even use my pro anymore but i am gonna flash anyway lol thats how excited i am plus i can update my sisters phone

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
Installed. The keyboard still force closes for me, and WiFi still isn't working properly. The automatic scanning is being really fussy. Eventually I got it to connect, but it still won't connect to any pages. For some reason, it does connect to Google, but that's my home page, so it might be because it's stored in the cache. I tried my real router and Connectify from my laptop.

Question: Why does it say in About Phone that 226/475mb are used? I thought we had 1GB of on board memory?

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Really? The keyboard didn't fc for me, try wiping the app's data. As for connectivity, have you tried turning off wifi, and ran a fix permissions and reboot?

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
I'll try that tomorrow. I don't know how to run a fix permissions, but I'll search for it later. It's almost 5 in the morning here, and I'm too tired to mess with my phone.

google123

Reaction score
Keyboard FC on me as well. I deleted app data and it stopped but when I rebooted, the problem came back. I installed Smart Keyboard Pro instead.

google123

Reaction score
I'm having wifi issues but I'm not sure if its this ROM or something else. Wifi at work is no longer available so I setup Connectify on my laptop and for some reason, my phone is not getting a gateway address. I checked using the diagnostic tool built-in to Websharing app as well as DNS Setting app. It appears that I receive IP and DNS settings only. Everything else (Mask, Gateway,) is at 0.0.0.0 for some reason. I'll update tomorrow after I get a chance to try and connect at home since I had to leave for work I didn't get a chance to try my wifi at home. Thanks.

dettofatto

Reaction score
If you have wifi on, you can't save your settings... And so i think that with this wifi issue can't assign the correct ip...?
disabled wifi > Rom manager > fix permissions > reboot and then fixed ip seems ok...
Yes... I know... my english is very bad...

Last edited:

google123

Reaction score
If you have wifi on, you can't save your settings... And so i think that with this wifi issue can't assign the correct ip...?
disabled wifi > Rom manager > fix permissions > reboot and then fixed ip seems ok...
Yes... I know... my english is very bad...

I just did the fix permissions thing and rebooted. Still no go. So I turned off wifi and rebooted several more times and finally was able to connect to my co-workers CM7 Droid Eris over wifi tether. Got it working. I just don't understand why it worked after rebooting several times. Last time I was on CM7 and had wifi issues it worked after I rebooted umpteen times also. Anyway, wifi worked of his Eris' wireless tether. I still have to try my own wifi at home this am after work though. Thanks dettofatto.

dettofatto

Reaction score
I've many issues in wifi and data... But this rom is very stable and fast (quadrantscore is about 2300)...! Thank you jackpot for your great work!

dutchbastard

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with the camera? I keep getting cannot connect to camera and have to reboot to get it back.

Maybe I just need to wipe data and stuff.
Can anyone do me a favor and give me the best order to delete the data in recovery?
Like which one to do first and whhich one to keep as a last resort kind of list.

After installing 1005 from 902 I deleted dalvik cache beforing booting first time btw

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
Ran the Fix Permissions, but WiFi is still acting up.

Also, I deleted the app data for the keyboard, but it's still force closing.