[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for the Droid X

creaky

Reaction score
Anyone else still having problems getting a pc to recognize the sd card when it's plugged in? I used to toggle the USB debugging and it would work. If I diddle with that and USB mass storage settings it finally mounts but it is taking a while now. I'm on nightly 98

[witty pun concerning the current ROM and custom memory script on my device]

meaker

Reaction score
I want to really like this ROM but I have a few issues that I can't solve. Old Videos won't play, video record doesn't work, When entering my password in voicemail with speaker phone on it says invalid password.. Also the battery life sucks. On Rooted GB my phone would only drop about 5% during the night, CM7 drop 30%.. If I can't solve I will be going back to just rooted GB:(

lightsout

Reaction score
I want to really like this ROM but I have a few issues that I can't solve. Old Videos won't play, video record doesn't work, When entering my password in voicemail with speaker phone on it says invalid password.. Also the battery life sucks. On Rooted GB my phone would only drop about 5% during the night, CM7 drop 30%.. If I can't solve I will be going back to just rooted GB:(
Yah my battery is at 70% just from sitting on my desk all day. Charged it over night. Seems a little much.

MontyMo

Reaction score
Well, I'm almost there (I think)
I've done the RSD Lite thing
I have Z4mod installed and I am rooted.
Droid @ Bootstrap has been installed and it is working.
When I boot into recovery and try to install update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-DROIDX-KANG-signed (1).zip or update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-DROIDX-KANG-signed-MONSTER.zip the install errors out.
What am I missing?

Thanks
Monty

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Well, I'm almost there (I think)
I've done the RSD Lite thing
I have Z4mod installed and I am rooted.
Droid @ Bootstrap has been installed and it is working.
When I boot into recovery and try to install update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-DROIDX-KANG-signed (1).zip or update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-DROIDX-KANG-signed-MONSTER.zip the install errors out.
What am I missing?

Thanks
Monty

Sorry I am not familiar with those files. Where did you get them?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
THey are listed at the beginning of this thread. I thought they were CM7
What file should I be using?

They are but I missed the RC0 part when I was looking at it. Those are the first beta they released when this thread was created. They are very outdated at this point. You want to go to where I am linking you and download the top file on the list. I am also going to link you to the latest gapps which you will need.

For the ROM:
CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution
For Gapps:
http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

MontyMo

Reaction score
THanks!
I hope they work!
They are but I missed the RC0 part when I was looking at it. Those are the first beta they released when this thread was created. They are very outdated at this point. You want to go to where I am linking you and download the top file on the list. I am also going to link you to the latest gapps which you will need.

For the ROM:
For Gapps:

MontyMo

Reaction score
I don't see the Driod X showing up for a device choice...

For the ROM:
For Gapps:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Try the link again for some reason it got borked and I had to fix it. If it does not show properly then click on the cdma_shadow tab in the list on the left. That is the CM7 "handle" for the droid x.

MontyMo

Reaction score
Try the link again for some reason it got borked and I had to fix it. If it does not show properly then click on the cdma_shadow tab in the list on the left. That is the CM7 "handle" for the droid x.

THANKS that worked!!!!
I did the ROM. Now I reboot into recovery and do the Gapps?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
THANKS that worked!!!!
I did the ROM. Now I reboot into recovery and do the Gapps?

So I take it that it installed properly. And yes you can reboot into recovery and then flash the gapps zip. And just so you know for future reference, you can do both back to back in the same recovery session.

And as a side note do not use bootstrap now. It will cause problems. Boot into recovery using the option on the power menu.

MontyMo

Reaction score
Everything appears to be working!
Thanks so much, I have wanted this ROM for a lone time!

So I take it that it installed properly. And yes you can reboot into recovery and then flash the gapps zip. And just so you know for future reference, you can do both back to back in the same recovery session.

And as a side note do not use bootstrap now. It will cause problems. Boot into recovery using the option on the power menu.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Awesome! Happy to help you get up and running. Since you are new to CM7 make sure you check out some of the Theme Changer themes. You can find some great ones on the market or Google, for both just search "CM7 Themes" and some great stuff should pop up for you to check out.

goldenlegacy

Reaction score
Just tried installing the latest CM7 using the links that JSM9872 provided on the previous page. I get an error when trying to install the zip. I'm on .602. Anyone have any ideas?