[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for the Droid X

99problemz

Reaction score
Just tried installing the latest CM7 using the links that JSM9872 provided on the previous page. I get an error when trying to install the zip. I'm on .602. Anyone have any ideas?

My understanding is you have to be on froyo .340 to flash cm7. There is revnumbers cm7gb which you can flash over .602

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

leftspin

Reaction score
Just tried installing the latest CM7 using the links that JSM9872 provided on the previous page. I get an error when trying to install the zip. I'm on .602. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm having the same problem, I'm on the RC0 version of CM7 and I can't get the nightlies to install properly, always an error in CWM. I actually started a thread about it on the CM7 forum: Problem Installing Nightlies - CyanogenMod Forum

gambit07

Reaction score
Hey guys quick question, I just sbf'd to .602 and am getting the usual bootloop. Of course the first thing I did is boot into recovery however here I had a problem. When I press the search key no options come up to wipe cache. I tried getting into fastboot as well but couldn't find instructions on how to boot into fastboot for the droid x. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Hey guys quick question, I just sbf'd to .602 and am getting the usual bootloop. Of course the first thing I did is boot into recovery however here I had a problem. When I press the search key no options come up to wipe cache. I tried getting into fastboot as well but couldn't find instructions on how to boot into fastboot for the droid x. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks!

You need to press the volume rockers when on the Android screen. And use power to select. Its a gb thing.

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+

5w3d15h

Reaction score
little help? what's the difference with the new nightlies? what is this rc0 I hear of, where can I find it? why did going from 78 to 98 and later break my camera even with razor's fix, and any idea how to get it working again? thank you!

goldenlegacy

Reaction score
Installed the rev gb cm7 zip and phone appears to be stuck in a bootloop w/ the cyanogenmod 7 screen (has been on this for 5 min) I installed GApps also...any ideas why it is doing this and how to fix?

EDIT: And now I can't boot into Bootstrap Recovery...

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
little help? what's the difference with the new nightlies? what is this rc0 I hear of, where can I find it? why did going from 78 to 98 and later break my camera even with razor's fix, and any idea how to get it working again? thank you!

I do not know what to tell you about the camera unfortunately. But RC0 is in the OP but you do not want that because it is the initial beta that was released right after CM was ported to the DX and should be quite unstable in comparison. And there was a big skip in the nightlies because for that long none were being produced due to the site where source was located being hacked.

Installed the rev gb cm7 zip and phone appears to be stuck in a bootloop w/ the cyanogenmod 7 screen (has been on this for 5 min) I installed GApps also...any ideas why it is doing this and how to fix?

EDIT: And now I can't boot into Bootstrap Recovery...

So you are you no longer boot looping? What did you install Rev's GB one over?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Awesome. Glad you got yourself all figured out. Enjoy!

goldenlegacy

Reaction score
Couple questions after playing around. It won't let me access Market or Gmail without errors. I'm getting quite a few android.process.media FC's. What would be causing this? How can I add a Facebook account also? Amazing how fast this ROM is!

meshdub

Reaction score
If it's just market and gmail, I would try reinstalling latest google apps from the ROM manager

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

MontyMo

Reaction score
Very nice ROM! CM7 makes my Droid X faster than it has ever been! I'm very happy with it.

An issue I do have is with the camera. THe camera app opens and I am able to take a picture, but after that the app freezes and the picture is not stored. My screen capture app, drocap2 appears to work correctly but it too will not store the picture.

After searching this thread it appears that the camera was a problem on earlier build, but it was resolved.

I am on nightly build #101

Any comments would be appreciated,

Monty