[More Leaks] Leaked DROID X Gingerbread (2.3.3) Update Available

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Well, I put GB on my DX and am currently SBFing back so I can put Rubix back on my phone. Did I like GB, yes. But I will wait until a root is found for this. I guess I just do too many things that require root access. Once a root method is found, I will go back. But I agree with several of you, the new BLur is actually very nice. I will probably end up using Blur instead of LauncherPro..until a vanilla GB ROM is made that his.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oops. I originally posted the wrong pic. Got my links criss-crossed. We got it fixed. Sorry about that guys! :r_c:

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sweetnessssss. I'm loving the leak. Its quick, the blur is finally just about what it needs to be, very nice little extras to make the phone feel great.

I'm heating up though! anyone else had an issue with temp. I didn't check to see what the temp go up to, but it was hotter to the touch then my X has ever been.

I know that people/dev's can do great things but for now this is the way to be. Finally an update (leak) that makes a device so awesome that maybe the X wouldn't need ROMs. I know the idea is always bigger, faster, stronger but this just feels right.

DrDiff

Reaction score
I am downloading but will delete if it causes a loss of root.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

dAi

Reaction score
Anyone notice on gingerbread that little lines on the screens that leaves a trail when you reached the bottom of the screen? Is annoying! I hope there's a fix for that

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Ieisha

Reaction score
I did this last night and it replaced the bloat programs I previously uninstalled. No biggie
Seems fine now. Everything works.
My root is still intact.
I have the sync circle arrows constantly up top now. Not sure what could be syncing, my stuff is all still there from before.

Any ideas?
Tried power cycling already.

this didnt fix the stupid double unlock when using pattern lock though

What'd you do to keep your root? I lost mine

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have fun folks! This is a really great build and marks a major turning point for Motorola and the Droid series devices. Motorola deserves a lot of credit for finally getting many things right with the new Blur.

TBH is thrilled to be able to bring this to the community several weeks early and let everyone see and enjoy the results. Lots of work still to be done to get root and continue development but this is real new life blood for the DX and D2.

We should all be very happy about this.

Oh...and you're welcome! ;)

Yea I'm excited about it. I wanna wait til I get home and use wifi to download it but I dont know if I can wait 3 more hours...lol

Big thanks to you, P3 and everyone else involved. I wasnt even looking for or expecting it.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is like last year: new phones on the horizon, Android OS leaks all at the same time...I dont know what to keep my eye on next.

xmguy

Reaction score
DEMO of FM App on GB.

[video=youtube;_r3bqOvGP40]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r3bqOvGP40[/video]

Cortez

Reaction score
DL-ed and installed. Love the new blur. No root as most agree, if said otherwise they be lying.

Having the same issue with the sync always up in the notification bar. Don't know if it is constantly syncing. Turned off autosync and it is still up there...

Had some weird issues with music. Deleted a few albums off and when looking into the app, they were all still listed as albums but the songs contained in them were other songs on my SD. Reboot fixed it...but just found it weird so thought I would mention it.

Phone was running hot for awhile. Think turning off autosync corrected that. Seems to be cooling off now. Will let you know if it continues.

Profiles are a neat idea. Don't know if I will actually use em' but it is a good idea. Anyone thinking about using them? or currently using them?

Love that you can delete apps straight from the app drawer by long pressing!!! Probably my favorite feature of the update.

Wifi works great and I love the new look. Love that the bar doesn't pop up when scrolling from screen to screen as it did on previous blur.

Overall really enjoy it. Needs a few minor fixes obviously, but I will keep it and root when it arrives. I was stock/rooted before this release so I didn't lose much with the update. Will miss the tether for the few days until it gets rooted.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
The "Sync" arrows in the notification bar that people mentioned is actually the "Media Share" app that is detecting a network. To get rid of the notification you need to open the app and unselect the notification choice box on the initial screen.

Cortez

Reaction score
The "Sync" arrows in the notification bar that people mentioned is actually the "Media Share" app that is detecting a network. To get rid of the notification you need to open the app and unselect the notification choice box on the initial screen.

Nope. Thanks for the tip, but it is the autosync arrows. It is on the right side of the notification bar not the left.