Android 2.2 - Froyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Froyo looks and sounds great! I know everyone who is rooted has the ability to get this now. And I know this question probably has been answered somewhere, but is there any info on when the updates are rolling out for the rooted phones?

Just wondering. Thanks!

anyone tell me how to get the 2.2 update

Page 1, that's where you start. All the info is on that page.

Bill I think he meant for us that aren't rooted and do not want to root. Is there such a download yet? I haven't found one.

Instructions for non rooters are available here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...2-2-froyo-issues-support-thread-non-root.html

There are no special downloads. Just remember to do a nandroid backup and remember to do a complete wipe before doing your install.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't forget. You can install 2.2 without rooting.
Yes but you must wipe. I have yet found a method that DOES NOT include wiping my memory... Bummer.

The only thing the wipe cost me was my goodies from Home Run Battle 3D. Other then that almost all of my downloaded apps downloaded automatically without me using a back up of any kind. I had 1 app not reappear and that was Ring Droid. When I reinstalled that it had all of my ringtones again.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's not completely accurate. To better froyo release. You need to have ota unblocked. In this case everyone can still get the ota release

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's not completely accurate. To better froyo release. You need to have ota unblocked. In this case everyone can still get the ota release

I don't think so Miami. You would have to uninstall SPRecovery for the OTA wouldn't you?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No you won't. Even with sp you can get the ota as long as ota isn't blocked. In this case ota is not blocked. Onceyou download the ota root will be gone.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

I don't think so Miami. You would have to uninstall SPRecovery for the OTA wouldn't you?

Nope, I have Sprecovery and was getting the 2.1 update popups and I was on a custom Rom at the time.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't give you qn exact date. We will announce it once we get it for sure.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Nope, I have Sprecovery and was getting the 2.1 update popups and I was on a custom Rom at the time.

But Matth3w says you can't if you have SPRecovery installed!!!

Could he have been wrong? ;)

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes he's dead wrong

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

But Matth3w says you can't if you have SPRecovery installed!!!

Could he have been wrong? ;)

If you click for it to install, then just reboot when it reboots into sprecovery, you'll be fine. SPRecovery keeps it from applying itself because of the apply update.zip option that needs to be checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.