Android 2.2 - Froyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Related, can anyone post a vid of the "New" boot animation on Froyo RC for us?

huskur

Reaction score
Anyone notice that FROYO takes up 60MB additional internal memory? Thats a friggin' lot!! Is there a way to free some up? I like to have at least half free if possible

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score

I didn't notice a difference. I have a theme applied now though, or I would get it for you.

Only asked because some stated "New", wasn't sure if it had been changed.

Well, I've put SPRecovery on my Droid.

I forgot to make a nandroid folder on the SD, however SPR made one when it attempted a default simple namdroid backup.

I renamed that folder 2.1-OEM-Backup, and copied the nandroid folder back to my pc for redundancy.

I extracted the froyo recovery to my desktop and placed into the nandroid folder.

Now sitting at the SP screen, and think I screwed up, wanted to look at the restore, went to advanced restore, and expected it to show me a folder, it went to "restoring ....."

Oh crap.

Props to Hookbill, who's been on the sidelines with me sort of...

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, I think i'm safe, because while restoring, it does say unpacking data image, and I know from looking at the froyo contents, that didnt have a data file, while my backup did ...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I didn't notice a difference. I have a theme applied now though, or I would get it for you.

I forgot to make a nandroid folder on the SD, however SPR made one when it attempted a default simple namdroid backup.

I renamed that folder 2.1-OEM-Backup, and copied the nandroid folder back to my pc for redundancy.

I extracted the froyo recovery to my desktop and placed into the nandroid folder.

Now sitting at the SP screen, and think I screwed up, wanted to look at the restore, went to advanced restore, and expected it to show me a folder, it went to "restoring ....."

Oh crap.

Pull the battery.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Oh crap.

Did you click choose backup or perform restore?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Restore, but I thinnk I'm safe, it unpacked data files, and I know the froyo didnt have one ...

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey, at least it's nice to see that I get all my stuff back with a restored backup hehehe ...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you give Froyo a name so you could identify it when you do the install?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I gott with Tank by Gtalk, now I know how to select the backup in SPR, I have my 2.1 backup folder and the froyo one, so I can bounce between the two.

I left the froyo one as the froyo-BS- date time. I'll rename later in astro.

And as I understand it, kernels just get update.zip and go inthe SD card root, then allow update install ....

Phones ringing, I might have to delay my plunge ... Lastly hook, at least if I go to this one and dont unroot, then I should get the OTA eh?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I gott with Tank by Gtalk, now I know how to select the backup in SPR, I have my 2.1 backup folder and the froyo one, so I can bounce between the two.

I left the froyo one as the froyo-BS- date time. I'll rename later in astro.

And as I understand it, kernels just get update.zip and go inthe SD card root, then allow update install ....

Phones ringing, I might have to delay my plunge ... Lastly hook, at least if I go to this one and dont unroot, then I should get the OTA eh?

That's what everybody is telling me, yes.

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
I don't think so Miami. You would have to uninstall SPRecovery for the OTA wouldn't you?

Nope, I have Sprecovery and was getting the 2.1 update popups and I was on a custom Rom at the time.

But Matth3w says you can't if you have SPRecovery installed!!!

Could he have been wrong? ;)

I was runnign bb and had the 2.1 update in the background and I moved the otacertsz file and what not which did block the update but I restored to an earlier poiint so the update came through again which I then allowed the update and sprecovery blocked the install. so while you recieve the notice sprecovery def blocked the install of 2.1 without moveing the otacerts file.
Im not arguing or saying that sprecovery will block 2.2 because I dont know whats in 2.2 if it can get around sprecovery btu thats from my experience

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
sorry for mis-spellings I tried to correct but theres no edit button for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.