ALERT! 2.2 FroYo Circus continues...FRG01B is Official get it here.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Arrgh [tearing hair] I just want goggles back, only thing not working on my 22 build.

SEGA

Reaction score
Well for starters, the OTA that came out last week was 42.2 mb, this New Update is 76.9 mb, only confirming what was stated above that it replaces everything.

I for one need to downgrade and then reupgrade with this NEW Update.

My phone has has been real sluggish after last weeks update, have not seen one part of smoothness people are talking about, when my phone goes to the main screen it takes a few seconds for my items to show up, I get lag when typing (entering passwords sucks), and now i'm having random restarts, not saying that part is from last weeks update, but I need to start from scratch regardless.

And I think some of the problems I have is the reason why VRZ, or who ever made this update version a CLEAN INSTALL.

This is going to suck, because I hate 'RSD Lite' ever since my RAZOR days, it can F-Up your phone in the matter of seconds..

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
ok i downloaded the file to my sd card, restarted the phone by pressing power and x at same time. i got a yellow triangle so i pressed power and x again. after it rebooted i checked and im still running 2.1. what did i do wrong? was i suppose to change the file name from .zip to .update? i forgot. thanks

stumpie

Reaction score
I D/L the file to my computer . How do I get my phone to install it ?
My phone is completely stock .
Thnaks ..

rza49311

Reaction score
ok i downloaded the file to my sd card, restarted the phone by pressing power and x at same time. i got a yellow triangle so i pressed power and x again. after it rebooted i checked and im still running 2.1. what did i do wrong? was i suppose to change the file name from .zip to .update? i forgot. thanks

after you get the yellow triangle, you hit the volume up and camera button at the same time.

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
thanks, is anything required. which option am i suppose to select after the triangle?

rza49311

Reaction score
thanks, is anything required. which option am i suppose to select after the triangle?

Use the d-pad to navigate to the “apply: update.zip” option, and choose the file you just dragged onto your microSD card.

Reaction score
Are people getting the 2.2 Version that Verizon is releasing or is this a Rom?

I thought the 2.2 version was not available yet.

Thanks.

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
did all that and still running 2.1 was i suppose to change the file extention to .update? also i m suppose to extract the files correct? sorry but it's been a while. the last thing i did was the manual update to 2.1 and that was a while ago.

Travillion

Reaction score
No Need To Do Anything...

Please answer the question that's been repeated here a few times.

If you manually updated to 2.2 last week do you need to update to this or is it exactly the same?

Simple answer please for those of us who are unrooted.

Thanks

Regardless of whether you manually updated to 2.2, or applied the FRG01B ROM with root, you don't need to do anything. This is the same thing, just "packaged" differently to accommodate people coming from various earlier versions. If you've already received 2.2, by whatever means, you have it.

SEGA

Reaction score
Please answer the question that's been repeated here a few times.

If you manually updated to 2.2 last week do you need to update to this or is it exactly the same?

Simple answer please for those of us who are unrooted.

Thanks

Regardless of whether you manually updated to 2.2, or applied the FRG01B ROM with root, you don't need to do anything. This is the same thing, just "packaged" differently to accommodate people coming from various earlier versions. If you've already received 2.2, by whatever means, you have it.

No, this update is better because it does not just install 2.2 with your 2.1, it removes any version you have and starts fresh.

Much like installing a new version of Windows, not many people update windows XP to windows Vista or 7, they do a clean install, thats what this update is.

I have had problems with the update from last week, and this update released is a Clean Update, it cleans out your old version completely, and installs this from scratch.

Clean Install is always better.

Travillion

Reaction score
Still No Need...

Sure. I was merely trying to reply to the numerous posters asking if this new file was a different version of 2.2. Unless you're having problems with your existing FRG01B (as you indicated you did), there's no reason to apply this one. It's the same OS that anyone who previously received FRG01B got, whether rooted or not.

juarbed

Reaction score
I am sorry, but I am kind stupid when it comes to electronis. I have the New Droid X. Can I download this into my phone and get the new version without issues or should I wait?