Verizon Readying DROID X Update

FireDroid

Reaction score
Dont forget the Droid also received an update pretty quick after launch also!

kpiskin

Reaction score
A lot of things happen when you do a large deployment and small issues are bound to be found that wouldn't be caught on a relatively smaller test size. I see this as extremely positive, unlike Apple, who phone owners heard nothing from for over a week and even denied any issues.

HeroNova

Reaction score
I think this is also very positive. Small updates to enhance features is nice, even quickly after the phone releases. It shows that they are concerned with enhancing the phone.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Wow...already rolling out with an update...that's not exactly cool. Way to provide the world with a, what seems like, way too early released phone. Already giving out an updated to your crippled device not even a few days after its release? Craaaazy!

Uh, actually it's really cool. Nice to have support. I had the POS LG Ally and it never saw an update.

Nothing wrong with an update this soon, I am sure they could not foresee some things and now with 25,000+ devices out there. Hiccups are sure to show.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moto found this vefore launch but devices were already shipped...I say way to go Moto and VZW for a job well done

RagtimeBenji

Reaction score
Man, I really hope someone can root this device so we can take advantage of our awesome handset!

Sent from my Droid running Simply Stunning @ 1GHz

kashabrown

Reaction score
+1 on that - windows mobile devotee trying out this platform for the first time - amazingly fast phone (then again, everything is fast compared to windows slowbile). Is there any way of changing the spacing of the icons on your home screen?

littlerick

Reaction score
Wow...already rolling out with an update...that's not exactly cool. Way to provide the world with a, what seems like, way too early released phone. Already giving out an updated to your crippled device not even a few days after its release? Craaaazy!

how does the phone seem released too early? i have one in my hands and its running great. also how is it crippled? didnt the incredible have a update right after it came out, also the droid (2.0 to 2.0.1). i think someone is jealous lol. i loved my original droid but the x is so much smoother and i dont have to swipe to answer a call, just press the answer button.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
again this is just a maintenance update. Droid incredible owners look for your update to allow hot spot, 720p recording, and the new boot animation also.......

No jealousy here i'm looking forward to all these update and Droid growing even bigger than it is now..........woohoo

DruidX

Reaction score
In a "perfect world", I'd want a phone that never needed updating because it was, well, perfect. Unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world, sot he next best thing to me would be a phone that was backed by the manufacturer and they provided quick updates to make the product better.

You can be negative and say "oh, that means it has problems", but really, if they constantly strive to improve the product, that tells me they care and they are listening to the public.

Much better than, as someone else had said above, when the manufacturer offers NO updates and ignores the consumer.

vader1

Reaction score
contact history BS

I just hope this fixes the "contact history" issue by deleting that entire screen.

uscjoel

Reaction score

how does the phone seem released too early? i have one in my hands and its running great. also how is it crippled? didnt the incredible have a update right after it came out, also the droid (2.0 to 2.0.1). i think someone is jealous lol. i loved my original droid but the x is so much smoother and i dont have to swipe to answer a call, just press the answer button.

I concur! I have two Droid 1's and the Droid X...Droid X is WAY smooth! :icon_ banana:

TheFloridaDude

Reaction score
Mojo....I love your quote:

"Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"

That put me in the floor laughing...and I ride a Harley Road King....

jtdiddy

Reaction score
Wow, my X is not coming until Monday but i'm already loving it... when i got my crappy storm with all its bugs, it took like 6 months for RIM & VZW to push out an update...it was horrible

i like the fact that the X is Moto's current flagship product so they are giving it alot of attention and love which is awesome.

when Froyo update comes, the X is gonna be so bad-ass

Abacab

Reaction score
Anyone get the update yet? Nothing here on my end (3am EDT)