Motorola Droid X Users - Prepare for Update!

Reaction score
Everything workin great!! Love this thing. Downloaded manually from settings. About phone. System update

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

77Pat

Reaction score
I can't believe they can push the update you. When I had the Droid 1. I had SPRecovery installed. It blocked the OTA. But even if that wasn't installed a prompt came up asking if I wanted to install. Am I to understand no such thing happens now. It just downloads installs with no choice to opt out?

Sent from XMGUY's Droid X.
I woke up this morning and my phone had the update screen as the first one available. It gave me an option to update now or wait until later.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I can't believe they can push the update you. When I had the Droid 1. I had SPRecovery installed. It blocked the OTA. But even if that wasn't installed a prompt came up asking if I wanted to install. Am I to understand no such thing happens now. It just downloads installs with no choice to opt out?

I woke up this morning and my phone had the update screen as the first one available. It gave me an option to update now or wait until later.

Are you rooted? If you are, the overwhelming likelihood is the update will unroot you. If you're not, and you want the update, then go ahead and accept the thing. Rooted Droid X people face a dilemma.

-Mike

xmguy

Reaction score

That's good to know. Until a proven root and sbf are released im holding off.

77Pat

Reaction score

Are you rooted? If you are, the overwhelming likelihood is the update will unroot you. If you're not, and you want the update, then go ahead and accept the thing. Rooted Droid X people face a dilemma.

-Mike

Not rooted yet, will probably wait until after gingerbread.

Jordan8

Reaction score

-Mike

I updated & was rooted, I rooted it again after update without any problems with z4root.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Vetizon updates are a joke. No thanks here:) Il stock with no problems on my froyo.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk