ALERT! Droid 2 getting update tonight.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
attachment.php

Here's the latest update information for all you Droid 2 owners. The update should begin pushing out late tonight.

Let us know if you receive the update.

Good luck!!

Improvements:
+ Improved battery life.
+ Heightened proximity sensor accuracy to enable faster
screen response.
+ View the Weather widget in both landscape and
portrait orientation.
+ Simpler setup, improved user interactions, and better
notifications for Visual Voice Mail.
+ Background Email Sync during display inactivity for better
user experience.
+ Support for email domain suffixes containing more than
three characters.
+ Keep text messages organized with chronological in-box screen.
+ Edit text messages after you’ve inserted a video file.
+ Improved audio sound during recorded video playbacks.
+ Stream Guided Tour videos on device in Help Center application
with ease.
+ Faster location tracking during GPS navigation.
+ Faster transitions between Wi-Fi and 3G in data connection.
Enhancements:
+ New ability to add pictures from your Gallery to a contact.
+ Export all your contacts to the SD card.
Droid 2 by Motorola
+ View details of Social Networking contacts.
+ VZ Navigator® is now preloaded on device.

Link to PDF

Joshmichael91

Reaction score
Would me being rooted, deoOdexed with a theme applied prevent me from getting or applying this update??

(Im using stock ROM)

Ninjak

Reaction score
I'm stunned. First time I've ever gotten a Droid update the very first try. I had the phone look for it at 2:30am EST as soon as I read this post. Installed just fine. Browser acted up a tad before I closed and restarted it. Panicked for a moment beforehand -- As soon as I downloaded it via wifi, installed, and rebooted, my wireless stopped working. By very weird timing, it turned out my Comcast connection died while I was installing. Got that download just in time. lol.

everstar80

Reaction score
Thanks ck for the heads up. I downladed the new version and it is 2.3.2enUS. The browser alone is like lightning compared to before. The screen is clearer with better resolution and the apps are running better. So does this mean that this is gingerbread or just a very overdue maintenance update?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Downloading now. I noticed more bloatware included.

Pretty large for a "minor update." Battery life improved! I'll believe that I see it. On every update they've putout since the D1 hit the market it wassupose to have improved battery life.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Running 2.3.2.0 now. We will see how it does. May be placebo but seemed to be faster the previous versions.

This is a really unexpected surprise.

I did see Verizon Navigator in there. Why they would put that in there when we have Google fo navigation is beyond me.

Another thing. All the bloatware that I trashed didn't reappear after the install. That was a plus.

Last edited:

NocturnalEMT

Reaction score
"+ Background Email Sync during display inactivity for better
user experience."

This my friends holds oh so very true. Truely yours, NocturnalEMT, and yes, i am a "noob".

Now off to MW2 for some noob tubing. :blackdroid:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So with me running Fission V1.2.1 Can i still get this and not lose anything?
Nope, you'll have to unroot to get the OTA. At least I think you have to.

First, look at your phone and see if there are any updates waiting. If there is then try it. If it doesn't work the worst that it can do is brick your phone. Then you take it to Verizon and say "Look what my updated did to my phone."

NocturnalEMT

Reaction score
Actually I retract what I just wrote. This phone is nice, but when it comes to the corporate email, it's quite possibly the biggest piece of fecal matter I have ever seen. For something as advance as the D2, I am throughly disappointed. I am on the verge of getting rid of this garbage and getting something else. I thought this update would correct the corporate sync issue, but no, I am still receiving the orange triangle with the exclaimation point in it saying unable to connect to server, can anyone assist in this issue.....? :blackdroid:

Cortez

Reaction score
I am rooted, but not running a rom just stock with root. Does the root block the OTA?

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I am rooted, but not running a rom just stock with root. Does the root block the OTA?

no, but when you install the update you will lose root access

Mdelisle25

Reaction score
So this might be gingerbread. cause there were rumors running around that a major release would be 2.3? if not then i am in love with google for pushing out this and then gingerbread. dancedroid

nateccnn

Reaction score
Actually I retract what I just wrote. This phone is nice, but when it comes to the corporate email, it's quite possibly the biggest piece of fecal matter I have ever seen. For something as advance as the D2, I am throughly disappointed. I am on the verge of getting rid of this garbage and getting something else. I thought this update would correct the corporate sync issue, but no, I am still receiving the orange triangle with the exclaimation point in it saying unable to connect to server, can anyone assist in this issue.....? :blackdroid:

Ever wonder why others can connect to their corporate exchange accounts? How can it be a big peice of fecal matter if it wirks for others, but not for you?

Now calm down and tell us about how your exchange server is set up and how your phone settings match that setup.

Nate