New Motorola Droid Update Available

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Gah, I just want the notification to go away...it keeps popping up...

If you have SPRecovery installed on your Droid, you can try accepting the update. With my Droid on the last update, back in the Summer, the presence of SPR caused the update to abort. It bothered me one other time after that, then went away for good.

If you don't have SPRecovery installed, and have Rom Manager, just use the feature on it to install Alternate Recovery - that'd be SPRecovery - and *then* accept the OTA update. The presence of SP Recovery installed on your phone *may* save you from the malevolent update sent out by Motorola and Verizon, but there's no guaranty. It worked the last time, but they've had months to plot on how to deprive us of rooting, so be careful.

-Mike

froyoexplorer

Reaction score
noob question, I'm on a rooted droid1, running stock with just overclock. the update keeps appearing, if i update i lose my root i'm guessing. my concern is; does anyone know if superoneclick method will work to root again after this update?
also is it better to unroot to do this update or is it useless?

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
it doesnt mean we wont get gingerbread cause the droid x got the same little update the droid did and we know the droid x is getting gingerbread.Also a reason for them to give the droid gingerbread is becuase it is still the most used android phone out there by a very good margin.

Yes... but the hardware is seriously dated. (In this world, anything more than 4-6 months is old). The new things they are adding need more umph to run and I don't know that the D1 is going to have the needed horsepower to keep up.

Gingerbread will run fine on the droid. Its running on my htc hero with no problems aside from not having proper libs for audio gps and camera. The ui is very smooth and the hero is more out dated then the droid.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hemidroid

Reaction score
All i can say is this latest OTA update has been fantastic for my stock Droid, she runs much better and more responsive. Before this update all I wanted to do was throw this Droid out the window. I like it.

Josefius

Reaction score
All i can say is this latest OTA update has been fantastic for my stock Droid, she runs much better and more responsive. Before this update all I wanted to do was throw this Droid out the window. I like it.

Same here, love the new update.

slreno

Reaction score
I can verify also. If you have sprecovery it blocks the update when it reboots to install and I am not gettong any more nagging notifocations to update... thank gawd!!!!!

jc1497

Reaction score
Seeing same thing here. D1 rooted Oc stock frg22d sprecovery. Accepted ota. Rebooted. Says system up to date no more nagging update available notices so far.

denmcdon

Reaction score
I installed the update and lost root, just rerooted again using z4root.Everything fine here.:icon_ banana:

tycedeano

Reaction score
I just updated two stock Droids. It seems much "snappier" to me. I have a lot of pictures stored on my phone and Gallery used to take forever to load. Now it loads in seconds. Swiping screens seems smoother as well.