[RUMOR] Motorola Solana

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think that line in the middle indicates that its a slider. If you look to the left side there is what looks like a headphone jack and the seam curves around it, this would make it imposible to slide in the traditional sense.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
That looks more like it flips open than slides - but who really knows anything at this point - I mean look at what we thought the Droid Pro was going to be and what it turned out to be - Not Even Close

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Well, the Solana won't have a tegra 2 in it and it's still a ways away. Winston over at howardforums who's been pretty reliable just said it.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That looks more like it flips open than slides - but who really knows anything at this point - I mean look at what we thought the Droid Pro was going to be and what it turned out to be - Not Even Close

My concern is if that device does open up in some way, based on that shot it looks like it would have some weird method like the one on the g2 which makes me want to throw up a little.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Yes, no Tegra 2 maybe the next gen Dual-core.

Those will be hitting in the summer of 2011. Who knows though. It's interesting to follow these devices as development progresses.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter to me, my Droid is still mint and hanging with the best of them - it's the Innocase I have that I don't think is going to last

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interesting. That isn't Olympus.

Oh, and Solana does not use Tegra 2.

Yes, no Tegra 2 maybe the next gen Dual-core.

Those will be hitting in the summer of 2011. Who knows though. It's interesting to follow these devices as development progresses.

Hmmm....now depending on how the Tegra 2 really does with battery life....I may hold out and go back to a slider if the Solana does have a next gen dual core....

Inverse

Reaction score
The more I look at the picture, the more I think it's a slider of some sort. The little nubs on the screen half closest to the right shows some kind of indication for thumb grip when held in landscape mode. The other side doesn't have those little nubs.

Nubs.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The more I look at the picture, the more I think it's a slider of some sort. The little nubs on the screen half closest to the right shows some kind of indication for thumb grip when held in landscape mode. The other side doesn't have those little nubs.

Nubs.

It does look like they support some feature while in landscape but I don't think the physical layout lends itself to a conventional "slider" that's my gripe. It may open up but if it isn't sliding it will have to be something really good to sway me because I have been unimpressed with all of the weird ways manufacturers try to have their phones open up. I.e. g1, g2, sidekick from back in the day.

i guess i'm on tapatalk today

Kineo

Reaction score
I think it might be the stingray because at the back end you can clearly see that the line goes around that headphone jack.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I think it might be the stingray because at the back end you can clearly see that the line goes around that headphone jack.
Good call kineo....I don't think it looks like a handset but this is a great observation. Hmmmmm

Sent from my Droid

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I did a little nerd number crunching and assuming that's a 3.5 mm headphone jack, that edge is somewhere around 4 inches. The quality of the pic could be hindering my measurements, but it seems like that could definately be a small to medium sized tablet. Could be way off base though.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay, I cleaned this pic up a bit. If we look at the back, where the black circle is, we see that cleft clearly does NOT extend all the way to the end of the phone. Now if we look at the purple circles, these look like speaker grilles to me. The White circle, I don't know. Any ideas, folks? Almost look like softkeys or possibly branding.

If the screen moves I'd almost bet it slides in and then the part nearest those grilles goes down slightly while the part near the "rear" goes up like a pocket PC.

attachment.php

Inverse

Reaction score
Motorola Olympus ? another Android powered handset in Q1 | Motorola Phones

One of the articles I've found the image in. Once again calling it the Olympus but it's not even close to what other articles are showing as the Olympus at all. I'm a smartphone noob, totally new to this world, but it's weird seeing so many journalists not know wtf is going on. XD Coming from the gaming industry, it feels like the smartphone hobby is still in the teething stage. So much potential, but so much chaos.

Is this the Motorola Olympus ?About? Screen Showing Android 3.0? - Android Apps List - Tech News

Found that too, with a screenshot showing it equipped with 3.0.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seeing the last few posts....I dont think its a slider...

How in the world did yall see the earphone jack in the orig pic???..lol. Thanks to the CSI work of furbearingmammal :p I see it clearer now.

Remember how some ppl thought the X was a slider cuz of the same type of slits/grooves on the sides? IF its a slider it would have to slid open in portrait mode just looking at the headphone jack. Or like some of yall said it could flip open.