Motorola Obake (Ghost) Spotted in AnTuTu Benchmark

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
obake.jpg

Here's a little something to get the rumor mill spinning once again. A Motorola handset codenamed "Obake" aka Ghost has been spotted in AnTuTu benchmarks. If you are wondering where you heard the "Ghost" moniker pop-up before, you may recall previously that Phonearena disclosed that the Ghost is the internal codename for the Google X Phone. Looking at the benchmark we can easily see that the handset scored a 18218, sports a 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, and running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. If you are looking for more, that's where all the details end.

Some of you may recall the the XT1055, which scored similarly to the Obake and shared the same processor, as the rumored X Phone. What this leads us to believe is that we could essentially be looking at the XT1055 and the Obake being one and the same, but this is pure speculation on our part. Perhaps the "Obake" is nothing more than another Droid and the XT1055 is just another handset in Moto's pipeline, we simply do not know.

With Google I/O just around the corner we are hoping this whole X Phone mystery will be put to rest, but until then, we are left with nothing but rumor and speculation.

Via: AndroidAuthority

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I could use a new phone. Hopefully Verizon gets some good phones in the next few months besides the S4. I've personally been a little disappointed in the fact Verizon hasn't had a good phone to stand behind this year.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
As usual VZW is late to the game with their equipment. Late summer should bring customers some more choices, but you are right, its been anemic so far

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As usual VZW is late to the game with their equipment. Late summer should bring customers some more choices, but you are right, its been anemic so far

Vzw may be late to the party but it isnt a party until they get there. Vzw seems to bring the most people and when they party they party.

tumblr_lpqinj26qM1qii6tmo1_250.gif

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I sooooo hope this is Motorola's come back device. You know the one that makes people remember why Motorola was king. It is definitely time they were written off as dead after the RAZR flip phone and then came to life with the DROID. As far as I am concerned they are on life support right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I sooooo hope this is Motorola's come back device. You know the one that makes people remember why Motorola was king. It is definitely time they were written off as dead after the RAZR flip phone and then came to life with the DROID. As far as I am concerned they are on life support right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Samsung has everyone against the ropes right now. If Moto can introduce this handset with a ton of features (gimmicky or not) that will help them regain some market share. Problem is is that Sammy keeps raising the bar and everyone else is playing catch-up. The X Phone MUST SURPASS the S4 in features otherwise it will be just another great Android handset. Moto needs some great software/hardware features to grab the customers attention. Consumers like to see that their smartphone can light fires if they get stranded somewhere. Whether they will ever use it is not even important, the fact that it can do it is enough for them to snatch it up.

Make no mistake about it, gimmicks sell smartphones "Look! I can close my eyes and my phone goes into sleep mode!!" "Oh and check out how I can shake it to launch the dialer!!"