1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[Rumor] Bluetooth Certification for Phone that May Be the Motorola Droid 3

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Apr 14, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

A new Motorola phone just received its Bluetooth certification, and it looks suspiciously like the Droid 3. There is no way to confirm this as the devices internal code-name is Solana, but the design looks like an "improved" Droid 3. Pay particular attention to the keyboard, as it has received some "enhancements". There are 5 rows now. One row is dedicated to numbers, which seems like a "why hasn't anyone tried that before" brilliant idea, assuming everything fits well enough to be useable. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

Source: PhoneArena
  2. EFGantry

EFGantry New Member

because of the screen size, they couldn't fit a 5th row on the pkb. now that there is a 5th row, that tells me that the rumored specs of a bigger screen are accurate - D3 will have a 4" screen, which is a nice enhancement.
  3. spillner

spillner New Member

This is the phone I have been waiting for. My OG Droid is great, the D2 didn't impress me at all. I'm hoping that this phone runs as smooth as some of the new Android phones coming out.
  4. Tillyswilly

Tillyswilly New Member

Yea I got the d2 and I use the #s a lot and it's annoying to have to lock and unlock to use them....I like the thought of it having a bigger screen but that worries me bc this isn't the lightest phone around by any means so I hope they find a way to pull some weight to at least make it the same as the d2
  5. Tillyswilly

Tillyswilly New Member

If they do make it heavier I might have to pass on it bc the d2 with ex batt it's like caring around a brick just about so I hope they fix this....Sry I hit post and it wouldn't let me edit
  6. B-Unit

B-Unit Member

As much as I enjoy the sturdiness of my OG Droid, I find my jaw dropping every time I hold someone else's new Android handset and realize just how light the competition is.
  7. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

What's all this griping about the weight of the OG, then? Are we all a bunch of Girly-men? It's not like we're carrying around a barbell set for crying out loud. :icon_eek:
  8. jengas kahn

jengas kahn New Member

for cereal dude.

idk about this one right here. this just screams BLUR. not even talking about the ui. the phone just looks like... ugh. looks kind of cheap.
  9. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

I'm digging it based on the pics I've seen. The specs may likely be another selling point for me. The only things that might make me decide not to buy this phone is if the boot loader is locked and/or it includes MotoBlur. Chances are if the boot loader is locked someone will eventually unlock it but then comes potential search for custom Android stock ROMs that do NOT include MotoBlur. I wish Motorola would get their heads on straight and stop forcing crap down their consumers' throats. I mean the Droid 1 was a major hit for Motorola and it didn't have a locked boot loader or MotoBlur... get a clue Motorola, you took something great and wiped your "@$$" with it. :icon_evil:

Sign the petition to tell Motorola we WANT unlocked boot loaders. Let's see if we can't hit 10,000 signatures... or maybe even 100,000. Motorola Locked/Encrypted Bootloader Policy | groubal complaints
  10. yahwarrior

yahwarrior New Member

The D1 was my first smartphone and I will keep it forever to remind me of the last MOTO phone I truly loved. I've put more Roms on it than I can count.The D2 has totally turned me against buying another Moto Droid. I love custom Roms and Motorola seems to hate them. If the bootloader is unlocked I'll give them another try.
    [​IMG]
  11. LoneWolfArcher

LoneWolfArcher Well-Known Member

I see no need for a slide out keyboard. But I guess some people still insist on one.
  12. EOK1335

EOK1335 New Member

this may be acturally the milestone 3 cuz the model start with "XT"

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL
  13. 666ogre666

666ogre666 Member

This phone + unlocked bootloader (which I know wont happen) would make me so happy
  14. Big Ry

Big Ry New Member

Why are you questioning that its the D3 because it had dedicated number keys? The leaked D3 pictures from a while ago showed dedicated number keys. That is not news...

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  15. illmatic636

illmatic636 New Member

Liking this one a lot. Seems very thin for a slider. Tired of wondering these phones are going to come out!
  16. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

I'm with buelboy on this one. In fact, I hope it is heavy as I love the extra weight of my D1 - makes it feel "substantial". :icon_ banana: