Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Obviously there are watermarks on the photos, that's not what I'm talking about. When I said it has Droid written all over it, that was a figure of speech, meaning this device fits the look of a Droid device. Looks like an offspring of the Dinc. I was asking if there's been any word if this will be a straight up HTC device (like Thunderbolt) or a Droid device. Looks like people are saying this will be straight up HTC.

Yea, after I posted that, it hit me that that was probably what you meant. Sorry for misunderstanding.

IanG

Reaction score
I know I'm generalizing here, but when I had the Thunderbolt it kind of killed my hopes for HTC + 4G LTE phones' battery life. The Thunderbolt was horrible, and I can't imagine how bad a DUAL CORE 1.5ghz + 4G LTE phone would be.

I'll test the waters with my DROID Bionic for now.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I know I'm generalizing here, but when I had the Thunderbolt it kind of killed my hopes for HTC + 4G LTE phones' battery life. The Thunderbolt was horrible, and I can't imagine how bad a DUAL CORE 1.5ghz + 4G LTE phone would be.

I'll test the waters with my DROID Bionic for now.

Dual Core processors are supposed to be good for your battery.

UNC

Reaction score
The weird shape of the back reminds me of Dinc. Could it be Dinc 2 LTE?

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
From you're signature, it seems you've used two. I've never heard anyone complain about battery life on the Incredible, if anything, everyone I know loves it. As for the Thunderbolt...that's a different story. HTC didn't include a way to disable 4G so whenever you were out of a 4G area, it just drained the battery looking for a signal. Kinda like what happens when you go into a dead zone and your phone is constantly looking for 3G.

Really, you have never heard people complain about the incredible's battery life? Ive heard good things about the inc2, but the original had horrendous battery life out of the box.

Reaction score
Bottom line:
-This is the succesor to the THUNDERBOLT, not the Dinc.
-HTC devices tend to have a sub bar battery life.
-The incredible had terrible battery life.
-This phone WILL HAVE IMPROVED BATTERY LIFE
-This phone is freaking awesome and I'm going to get it day of launch.
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
I'm gonna give it time before I get it. Battery life is iffy u never know. Hopefully it has a huge battery in it...like 2000 mah. The prime will be interesting too. But if there's no 720p resolution I don't want it!

alboboy10

Reaction score
Bottom line:
-This is the succesor to the THUNDERBOLT, not the Dinc.
-HTC devices tend to have a sub bar battery life.
-The incredible had terrible battery life.
-This phone WILL HAVE IMPROVED BATTERY LIFE
-This phone is freaking awesome and I'm going to get it day of launch.

The inc2 has amazing battery. So they succedded in fixing it. Im wondering if the same will happen with this. I hope so cause right now I'm really excited about the vigor and the prime.

Reaction score
The inc2 has amazing battery. So they succedded in fixing it. Im wondering if the same will happen with this. I hope so cause right now I'm really excited about the vigor and the prime.

I was referring to the original incredible.

King_Bean

Reaction score

Yep. I have an inc2 and I'm satisfied with the battery life. It's better than what I got with my D1.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Really, you have never heard people complain about the incredible's battery life? Ive heard good things about the inc2, but the original had horrendous battery life out of the box.

My gf has an Incredible (stock), and I'd say her battery life is slightly worse than my D1. I can usually get about 18 hours of moderate use with Chevy's 1 GHz low voltage kernel, whereas she'll get roughly 14 - 15 hours before her phone goes dead. I don't know that I'd necessarily consider that to be "horrendous", although it's not great by any means either.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
My fiancee's Dinc gets much better battery life than my OG Droid. She averages 20-30 hours (depending on usage, usually fairly heavy) per charge on her 1750 battery. I would gladly switch her but I don't want to stick her with my dying Droid.

I'd be willing to bet that HTC stepped up the battery life considerably for the Vigor, over the abysmal Blunderbolt. The dual cores, plus tech advances, and gb have probably helped tremendously.

I'm certain that either the Vigor or the Prime will be my next phone, just have to play the waiting game. A button-less Prime is mighty tempting though, since going forward devices getting ICS may look a bit silly with redundant capacitive buttons.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I was referring to the original incredible.

Ye I know. But you made a reference to the first incredible and the only problem that had was battery...which is basically the issue with the thunderbolt. I have my hopes up that the same will happen with the vigor