HTC Vigor Gets its Bluetooth and WiFi Certification

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-vigor-wifi-cert.jpg

Reports indicate that the HTC Vigor just received Bluetooth and WiFi certification a few days ago. Rumors indicate we may see the phone by October 6th, and this certification pushes forward with that idea. Here's a refresher on the specs:
  • Gingerbread
  • 4.3″ HD screen
  • 1GB RAM
  • 1.5GHz dual-core processor
  • 16GB internal storage
  • 8MP rear camera
  • 2MP front
  • New version of Sense known - version 3.5
  • 4G LTE
  • function
That processor and ram seem pretty juicy! What do you guys think of this one? Is it worth waiting a bit longer for?

Don't forget to check out our HTC Vigor section of DroidForums, @HTC Vigor!

Source: Droid-Life

Last edited:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It never really occurred to me the history I have with HTC until I started thinking about it... I remember getting the "Cingular 8125" back when most people thought that a PDA and a phone were 2 completely different gadgets and always would be. People would ask who makes the phone and I'd say "Uh... it's the Cingular 8125....so...Cingular?" Then I learned it was made by this company called HTC... who?? It was a decent phone hampered by a crappy windows mobile OS and died before it's time. But! AT&T/Cingular was so kind to replace it with an "AT&T Tilt" for my $50 insurance deductible... fast forward 2 years later and my phone is being held together with duck tape and has become more of a "Flop" screen than "Tilt" screen. It was this phone that taught me the less moving parts a phone has, the better. Around this time I was given an OG Droid as a Christmas present and I haven't looked back.

I share this story with you all to ask this: Has anyone out there owned either or both of these previous phones and is still currently an HTC owner? Has the build quality remained similar to change over the past 3-4 years?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Bring on the Vigor!! I have buddies with a Tbolt and an EVO and I would own either phone. I thought both were nice and solid.

neoj2

Reaction score
meh i can wait i guess. my second line upgrade will fall on Oct 15th anyway. I WAS going to get the SGS2 but that isnt happening so now im looking at the vigor which looks pretty powerful. heard some bad things bout HTC lagging but hopefully there are not bugs with this phone. i hope it drops in oct and not next year like some phones