Mohawk3

Reaction score
OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Magiman. What does cached proccess suppose to be mean? Is there any way to cached some apps in memory? Silly question, but I need an answer, please

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Where are you seeing the phrase "cached process"?

I have scripts which will lock apps (process) in memory so that it will not get killed running in the background. In order for that app to be locked in, it must be currently running.

I have worked on utilizing the /cache directory because miui has made changes that only use dalvik-cache in /data instead of both /data and /cache like cm7.

Not sure if either of those clears up anything. If not, explain more what you are trying to do or what error you are getting and I will see what I can do to help.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Sooooooooooo... not MIUI Gallery Photo widgest on this version? First thing I always do is delete the 3Dgallery because I hate it, but now I can't put any photo frames on my homescreens :-(

I think MIUI took them out of their gallery app because they have added picture frame gadgets. Of course the gadgets only work on stock launcher.

cowsquad

Reaction score
Magiman. What does cached proccess suppose to be mean? Is there any way to cached some apps in memory? Silly question, but I need an answer, please

Where are you seeing the phrase "cached process"?

I have scripts which will lock apps (process) in memory so that it will not get killed running in the background. In order for that app to be locked in, it must be currently running.

I have worked on utilizing the /cache directory because miui has made changes that only use dalvik-cache in /data instead of both /data and /cache like cm7.

Not sure if either of those clears up anything. If not, explain more what you are trying to do or what error you are getting and I will see what I can do to help.

No I'm not getting errors nor do I have a problem, I was just wondering what cached process do. I see them, on running services, if you hit menu then cacched proccess. I ve noticed a lot of them running on backgroud, which is good, I guess :)

hixie5

Reaction score
Just want to say awesome job magiman on the port!! New version is running great and silky smooth! Keep it up, we appreciate all your hard work!!

Mohawk3

Reaction score
Just want to say awesome job magiman on the port!! New version is running great and silky smooth! Keep it up, we appreciate all your hard work!!

I second this.

This is one of the best MIUI ROMS I've had on my phone in a long time (also been a long time since I've used it). I think that my phone is working better than it was on SS 5.4 and LGB 2.3.

I did end up breaking down and restoring data from TB for one app, Timeriffic because I was too lazy to input the profiles again (I have no idea why the program does not support saving profiles to the SD card so they can be imported back at any time.)

Daballa

Reaction score
Haven't had a rom run this good in months. Only thing which isn't tbat big of a deal for now is that some of the text in different areas is hard to read. White text on whitish/grey backround on some of the popup screens and black text on black backround in brower when looking at tabs of open web pages.

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

chewy74

Reaction score
When I try to import a theme through the theme manager it will FC.

Can anyone else confirm?

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Can anyone else confirm?

Is the theme updated w/ the newest packaging? I know that some older themes crash when converting.

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
Nice Work Magiman! Still have my OG droid handy w/ my droid 3 and I loaded this on the OG and its probably the best yet, in my opinion.... Still doesn't have the customize background/bubble color in the stock mms app; You know I will always ask about that :) Haha.

Nice work.
-Trenton B.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Nice Work Magiman! Still have my OG droid handy w/ my droid 3 and I loaded this on the OG and its probably the best yet, in my opinion.... Still doesn't have the customize background/bubble color in the stock mms app; You know I will always ask about that :) Haha.

Nice work.
-Trenton B.

I knew there was a comment missing from the last couple of builds ;) If I had better connections w/ the MIUI China devs, I would request it for ya.

DROOIID

Reaction score
Quadrant score with stock kernel. I know to take it with a grain of salt.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1311084554113.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1311084554113.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 238

chewy74

Reaction score
My current theme is dark genesis and I believe its format is current.

I get the FC as soon as I click the import theme button

Can anyone else confirm?

Is the theme updated w/ the newest packaging? I know that some older themes crash when converting.