[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.7.29.0 [DEV]

spiff72

Reaction score
Is there any update on why the notification ringtones won't "stick"? (They default back to "silent" when you use the theme manager to set the ringtones.)

Some have reported that switching kernels has helped. I was using Chevy's 1100 MHz ULV and it was not working. I then tried loading the ColCol (sp?) one via ROM manager, and it would freeze at the lock screen forcing a battery pull.

I then reflashed the Deprime kernel, and still the same issue.

Is there a better Kernel that I can try?

I really thought Chevy's was running well, other than the issue with the notification tones.

Thanks

nu2droid

Reaction score
Is there any update on why the notification ringtones won't "stick"? (They default back to "silent" when you use the theme manager to set the ringtones.)

Some have reported that switching kernels has helped. I was using Chevy's 1100 MHz ULV and it was not working. I then tried loading the ColCol (sp?) one via ROM manager, and it would freeze at the lock screen forcing a battery pull.

I then reflashed the Deprime kernel, and still the same issue.

Is there a better Kernel that I can try?

I really thought Chevy's was running well, other than the issue with the notification tones.

Thanks

If changing the kernel doesnt work, try converting the ringtone you want to a mp3 file. I have found that does the trick also.
Chevys kernels rock, but I have also had good luck with jldfg kernels from Rom Manager. The 1.0 or the 1.1 worked real good.

nu2droid

Reaction score
1.8.5 is up on RM and miui.us.... woo hoo
And the update.zip error is gone... Nice
Running sweet right out of the gate...

Thanks magiman

Last edited: