[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.8.5.0 [DEV]

nu2droid

Reaction score
I hate to say it but, I had to go back to 1.7.15. Just like the last build, started. Off sweet. Just started melting down.
Oh well, maybe the next one.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Obviously every OG is unique and special in its own way, but it bums me out to hear these troubles.
I am just going to put down what I have recently been doing on MIUI and now all ROMs.
First no compcache, I use a 256 linuxswap partition besides the ext partition to link apps. I used RomManager to make both partitions but had to copy all the sd to computer because everything will be formatted.
I use swapper2 use swap partition check yes for everything and erase the entry in swap file name since I will be using partition so don't want a swap file created on sd card storage or root, which ever word works so you understand.
Now here's the biggest change besides no compcache, I have my swappiness(greatest word ever) set to 100. I used to have it at 30 max along with compcache but the new settings and set up I am using have kept FCing, freezing and app crashes completely at bay.
Also I jacked up my vm heap to 60.
Use med voltage because performance is more important to me than battery drain. Highest voltage gives you the best chance at all around success as it has been explained to me by Chevyno1 and prime.
I use interactive and 1100 max no profiles as I like keeping low pro.

Maybe if any of you nandroided this version, maybe give this a try.

Also no supercharger script other than what Mags has done.

This build has really been treating me well, as have the last few. And I have noticed huge quality and experience improvements with the above settings on every ROM, both with and without Cyanogen as its base.

Oh one question, did MIUI not include the default app selector this build, usually found in the far right menu in settings.

danceswithbongs

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

chewy74

Reaction score
Taking a break from GB & miui and restored back to pe4.2

bsm471

Reaction score
You guys are probably having memory problems... OG droig just dosnt have enough memory to multitask... if you change your supercharge script to something like the balanced 3 option it will be a lot less lagy and no force closes

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

adjacks86

Reaction score
Well this build has been running great for me just like the last one. Sad to say it's the last one I'll be running on my phone since me and my girl are both upgrading to the Droid 3 which should arrive tomorrow. I just wanted to say thanks to Magiman7 and Tp4bama for making my OG Droid fun and better. And thank you to everyone else here who answered any questions when I had them. If the Droid 3 gets root and MIUI best believe I'll be there and hopefully I'll see many of you there too.

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
You guys are probably having memory problems... OG droig just dosnt have enough memory to multitask... if you change your supercharge script to something like the balanced 3 option it will be a lot less lagy and no force closes

I run 7.15 just fine, its just this build went wild on me.

I tried zepplins supercharge script, but wasn't smart enough or had enough time to figure out how to run it. Maybe when I get some free time ill try again..........I think I need supercharge script for dummies

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

chewy74

Reaction score
I know about the memory issues of all gb ROMs. Miui comes preset with supercharged settings between multitasking and balanced 3 so there's really no need to run it other than to lock in launcher... which the Rom also does...

Like I've said previously... the ROM is great, but it melts down whenever I run any memory intensive app (not even multitasking). Camera locks up my phone, navigation will softboot my phone, never know if I'll be able to answer an incoming call or not.

I stuck with it for quite a few builds and seen incredible improvements after each release. I definitely will be back, but need a bug free phone for a little while.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Kung Pao
Will you hook me up with the Supercharge for dummies when you are finished.

Chewy
I can't remember which forum thread I was reading today but you had a hilarious post!
So damn funny, it caused the old milk spurting out of the nose reflex response. Odd thing was, I hadn't drank any milk!
God I hope I am not really a robot/cyborg like from the Alien films, they always seemed to spew milk like substance upon destruction.

danceswithbongs

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hip, hip hooray...newest build has a BRAND new browser, with user agent switching and much much more...I wonder why magiman hasn't posted a new thread here though...it is on the miui.us website and on rom manager...I haven't tested out the new browser too much but its looking good

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

chewy74

Reaction score
Haha do you remember what I said?

Kung Pao
Will you hook me up with the Supercharge for dummies when you are finished.

Chewy
I can't remember which forum thread I was reading today but you had a hilarious post!
So damn funny, it caused the old milk spurting out of the nose reflex response. Odd thing was, I hadn't drank any milk!
God I hope I am not really a robot/cyborg like from the Alien films, they always seemed to spew milk like substance upon destruction.

danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Haha do you remember what I said?

Chewy I think I figured out the line that killed me.
It was in this thread, stupid me!
When you compared surfing the interweb with being waterboarded.
Just about lost control laughing.
There's a time and place for hyperbole, and you sir nestled in there perfectly.

Sorry the reply took time but didn't know there was a new post.

Guys do any of you know how to set up the email notifications so you get one whenever there is a new post to a subscribed thread. I think I only get one once and then no more until I have been on the site again.
Does this happen for everyone or did jerkface jones aka me, just blow the set up?
Thanks

danceswithbongs

cowsquad

Reaction score
Chewy I think I figured out the line that killed me.
It was in this thread, stupid me!
When you compared surfing the interweb with being waterboarded.
Just about lost control laughing.
There's a time and place for hyperbole, and you sir nestled in there perfectly.

Sorry the reply took time but didn't know there was a new post.

Guys do any of you know how to set up the email notifications so you get one whenever there is a new post to a subscribed thread. I think I only get one once and then no more until I have been on the site again.
Does this happen for everyone or did jerkface jones aka me, just blow the set up?
Thanks

danceswithbongs

Have you set notification on ( duh right) okay :) then check the timme interval to whichever ur want, then you need to subscribbe to each thread you'd like to receive notifications.