[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.9.2.0 [DEV]

BrUhNiGGs

Reaction score
Ughh..its wierd i get full bars as i am home right now. When i go to my school, which is like down the street of my house, i get nothing. 3G drops.
Ima jus do a fresh wipe AGAIN without touching anything besides changing the kernel (because i like 1.1 GHz) , theme, fonts, and thats it. I am not going to Supercharge or anything and then i will see how my day at school goes tommorow. If it persists, im sorry but im going back to SS 5.5

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Oh that might be the culprit.
I think I remember someone mentioning supercharger was causing issues. Apparently some ROMs don't mesh well with everything it does.
Mags does use a partial tweak from it for memory management, I think it's half way between multi task and maybe hard to kill. I think he has it in OP description, I have never used supercharger as I've been lucky to not have the need for the adjustments. That's why I say check the OP since my wording is probably off.

I use Chevy's mv 1100 so that should work of course the obligatory every droid is different must be taken into account.

Hopefully fresh flash fits fine!

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

chewy74

Reaction score
Try updating your roaming by dialing *228+ and see if that helps with signal strength. Then for wifi error, are you by chance using rzrecovery to flash kernels? I've been having some weird issues with rzr lately and flashing a kernel will break wifi...then I tried the same zip with cwr and it works wifi and all. So try flashing with cwr if you are currently on rzr

BrUhNiGGs

Reaction score
Try updating your roaming by dialing *228+ and see if that helps with signal strength. Then for wifi error, are you by chance using rzrecovery to flash kernels? I've been having some weird issues with rzr lately and flashing a kernel will break wifi...then I tried the same zip with cwr and it works wifi and all. So try flashing with cwr if you are currently on rzr

Yeah i tend to use RZR to flash kernels. But i dont no if it has to do with wifi turning off and on like JuiceDefender? It goes away when i lock my phone. Then comes back when i unlock it

chewy74

Reaction score
I had the same issue with wifi disconnecting/reconnecting while in use. Does this only happen on your home network? Or also when you're connected on another network? Rzr is not the cause, I believe its your phone requesting dhcp renewal from your router and it fails connecting each time

I resolved the issue by putting a static IP on my phone.

If you look at the the last few posts in the thread from the last build you will see what my issue was.

Last edited:

chewy74

Reaction score
Here's the post from the 1.8.26 thread

Not sure what is being so picky about your wifi. I have looked through the logs you have sent me and it seems that your phone is asking for dhcp renewal and it always fails. I have seen some bug reports for CM7 with the same issue (although they are older reports?), so it may be when I updated my CM7 files or it could be when MIUI updated their sources for 2.3.5. It seems to require a matching of phone and router (dhcp server) for the bug to happen.

Does the wifi have the same issue at multiple wifi connections? Is it only your home wifi that causes issues? Can you test another wifi connection?

Can you try out the current CM7 nightly and see if the issue goes away?

As far as why wifi doesn't work for any other kernel, thats a new one.

juniorjwh

Reaction score
BLUETOOTH & CALL WAITING DROPPING THE CONNECTION TO THE HEADSET

Everytime another call comes in it drops the headset connection after the first "beep-in".

Anyone else having this issue?

Sent from a DROID1 behind bars for flashing unsuspecting ROMS in the park

chewy74

Reaction score
/settings/system/WIFI settings and click the 'Advanced' selection and toggle the Static IP option to on, then enter the info for your IP, gateway & DNS

How?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

To keep your wifi from shutting off when your screen sleeps you can also set it to "never" under the wifi sleep policy also found under the advanced selection

Yes i had 0 bars. None. It was really annoying. And another annoying issue is how wifi turns off when i lock my screen. It causes my phone to lag after i unlock my screen.
And i did happen to delete some system apps with root explorer. I always delete Bluetooth.apk since i never in use it. May that be causing the issue?

Last edited:

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been experiencing alot of 3G dropping on this rom. While im at school. 3G is gone then comes back then gone. I cant even call anyone. And cant recieve a txt until i unlock my phone. So basically service only starts when i unlock my phone? What kinda issue is this

Could there be something at your school interfering with your 3g? I noticed when I'm at work, I constantly loose 3g but as soon as I'm outside it works ok. I work around alot of machinery but walls and obstructions can cause a weak signal as well. Did you have any problems with any other rom? Did you have your phone with you during the last school year?

phantom6294

Reaction score
Here's the post from the 1.8.26 thread

magiman7 said:
Not sure what is being so picky about your wifi. I have looked through the logs you have sent me and it seems that your phone is asking for dhcp renewal and it always fails. I have seen some bug reports for CM7 with the same issue (although they are older reports?), so it may be when I updated my CM7 files or it could be when MIUI updated their sources for 2.3.5. It seems to require a matching of phone and router (dhcp server) for the bug to happen.

Does the wifi have the same issue at multiple wifi connections? Is it only your home wifi that causes issues? Can you test another wifi connection?

Can you try out the current CM7 nightly and see if the issue goes away?

As far as why wifi doesn't work for any other kernel, thats a new one.

For what's worth, when using LGB, when he switched over to Android 2.3.5, I started having issues with Wifi dropping randomly. Another poster also seem to think it was something in 2.3.5 that was causing the problem as they had it crop up once switching to 2.3.5. I've only been able to really test it on two networks; my home and work. At work I haven't had have issues. At home, I do. I've tried two different routers. Using the Verizon provided router with my FiOS service (Actiontec) as well as my personal Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 using dd-wrt (used only as an AP). Now, I am using static DHCP leases being served up from a WRT54GS also running dd-wrt. So, I don't think it is the router serving up the Wifi itself, but I guess I need to try a different DHCP server.

For me, it doesn't seem to be kernel related -- it has happened across multiple kernels.

KJW979

Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble updating apps from market with 3G. Everytime get message download size needs Wi-Fi.

db306

Reaction score
Any idea why I cant sign in to google talk and none of my apps from the market will download?