[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.12.30 [DEV]

Discussion in 'Team D1-MIUI' started by magiman7, Jan 3, 2012.

1. GreenRaccoon

GreenRaccoon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome. That's one sweet tutorial. :nerd: I'll try it out later. I promise to post the results once I get through with it.

In case someone reads this later who doesn't know what sbf is, the third post in this thread describes it:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...-update-zip-nandroid-restore-rom-tgz-sbf.html

I couldn't find a definite answer as to what it exactly stands for, but it might stand for "system binary file," "system boot file," or "summation briefcase file." Whatever it stands for, it's a special imaging format that Motorola uses, and so a special program is needed for it. It completely wipes the phone (except the SD card) and installs a complete operating system on it. I believe it "unroots" the phone too (though the terms "rooting" and "unrooting" are misleading), so it's a true ROM (read-only memory). I'm guessing that it's what Verizon employees use to reformat and reimage phones.

Thanks for the help!

#13 GreenRaccoon, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  2. GreenRaccoon

GreenRaccoon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bug - SMS Delivery Notification Sound Changes Automatically

One more bug: after turning the SMS delivery notification sound to "none," it changes back to "join hangout" after a while. It always reverts back to "join hangout" after a reboot also.

#14 GreenRaccoon, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  3. juniorjwh

juniorjwh Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is this the last build we'll see for the grandpa droid?

Sent from a DROID1 behind bars for flashing unsuspecting ROMS in the park

4. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    i'd hope for a couple more months worth but who knows

5. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I did notice the Miui team stated there is still that nagging issue...they don't seem motivated to correct it.
    Too bad...Miui is one of my daily drivers...

6. Durandgir

Durandgir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How stable is this build? is the radio issue still present? it's been a while since i've been on MIUI

7. GreenRaccoon

GreenRaccoon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean cause this is the first MIUI ROM I've installed. My online radio app works fine though.

8. Durandgir

Durandgir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I meant the radio in the phone, there's been nagging cdma issues on the latest builds

Sent from my CushZero using DroidForums

9. magiman7

magiman7 Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    The reason I haven't released any new builds since the 1.12.30 build, is because China has changed the cdma code. I am told that cdma in China is slightly different from the states. I am not sure why they are making all the changes because all of their current devices are gsm. But anyway, the changes have messed up ports that use cdma. The builds work fine, cell service and data work, but the signal bars in the top notification bar do not show up correctly. Instead of 1 signal bar that shows 3g, there are 2, one labeled 1x and another labeled E. Because of that, I haven't released any builds since 1.12.30 even though I have them. The gurus at miui.us who normally hunt around and solve those types of issues have been busy w/ life and work since the holidays and haven't really had a chance to do that. Most of their time has been invested in redoing the website, which is going to look really good btw, and transitioning builds to v4 of miui. As far as GB builds, if you look at the change log, you will notice that China hasn't been doing much to those builds either since that last build for the D1. There have been a few minor bug fixes in a few devices, nothing specific to the Milestone / D1, but maybe 1 or 2 software glitches. I think the GB builds of MIUI are about to stop development or at least only receive minor bug fixes as the devs move on to working with ICS. Obviously the D1 will probably not be making that transition. I am looking at the latest stable version for the milestone (2.3.7c) to see if I can get another build for the D1 out that doesn't have the signal bar issue. It will probably be the last release, but definitely not positive on that. As far as work for me, porting to the D1 is almost 100% automated at this point, but MIUI China has thrown a wrench into things at same time as they are moving on, and probably leaving the Milestone (and thereby the D1) behind.

BTW, if you guys would like the latest development builds, I can release them easily, just be aware of the notification signal bar icons will not show up correctly. I had some testing done to them and cell and data reception worked fine, so they are fully functional.

#21 magiman7, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  10. AFX

AFX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So, what's the deal with the virus that was reported? I've downloaded and scanned it with Avast and Malwarebytes and neither detected anything, but I'm still worried about flashing it.

11. Durandgir

Durandgir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm curious about this too, I already flashed it though lol, but I did google it and apparantly a lot of the recent builds for multiple phones had the trojan in them also

12. GreenRaccoon

GreenRaccoon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To be honest, I never knew that there was a radio on my phone. :shocked-b: I'd never thought about using local radio on my phone before.

I just installed TuneIn Radio and local FM radio's working fine working fine.

Search tags for this page
clockworkmod touch sholes
custom roms for sholes
how to disable build in miui antivirus

miui sholes

older versions miui ogdroid
sd card boost racoon