[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.9.2.0 [DEV]

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
It may be the restore wifi settings that was the cause.
Also Bruh, I usually wipe everything and flash a new rom or update version. This time I only wiped boot, system, cache and dalvik. Flashed the zip and even the theme I had running was completely there down to the boot animation.
I have had zero problems which is nice to see on my first non fresh install.
Mags does some great work.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

zmaster

Reaction score
Okay so i reflashed MIUI v1.9.2.0 and i try to restore my apps with MIUI Backup but when its at mid-start my phone bootloops non-stop until i wipe and re-flashed again. Pretty big issue, Does anyone else get this problem? Looks like im going back to Tibu as it has never failed me.

I have the same issue, except my D1 won't even let me to do anything and going into continues bootloop. Its started from the previous build 1.8.26. my last working and current build it 1.8.19. Tried re-flashing numerous times, every time with fool wipe (as always). I didn't notice any changes on install procedures also. please help.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Z
Have you experimented with different kernels? I would try Chevy's first. But also try different max clock speed versions as well as trying medium voltage instead of any low or ultra low.
Once you get one that will work, then you can start seeing if you are able to handle lower voltages.
But initially you just need to flash one to get things working first.

danceswithbongs

zmaster

Reaction score
Z
Have you experimented with different kernels? I would try Chevy's first. But also try different max clock speed versions as well as trying medium voltage instead of any low or ultra low.
Once you get one that will work, then you can start seeing if you are able to handle lower voltages.

Dance
i don't even have the chance to play with kernel on last two builds. And i always used Chevy's kernels low and mid up to 1.25 - always with great results. Its just this and last 1.8.26 build is a problem for me.
But regardless of custom kernels, i havn't had any problems flashing and working with stock kernel on first install of any MIUI ROMs before. This time I only can go passed the lockscreen, and that it is...goes into loopboot
Don't know what to do

zmaster

Reaction score
Z<br>
Have you experimented with different kernels? I would try Chevy's first. But also try different max clock speed versions as well as trying medium voltage instead of any low or ultra low. <br>
Once you get one that will work, then you can start seeing if you are able to handle lower voltages. <br>
<br><br>Dance<br>i don't even have the chance to play with kernel on last two builds. And i always used Chevy's kernels low and mid up to 1.25 - always with great results. Its just this and last 1.8.26 build is a problem for me.<br>But regardless of custom kernels, i havn't had any problems flashing and working with stock kernel on first install of any MIUI ROMs before. This time I only can go passed the lockscreen, and that it is...goes into loopboot<br>Don't know what to do

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
zmaster, You are saying that from your working 1.8.19 setup, you wipe data / cache and install 1.9.2 and on that first boot you can't get the phone to unlock? Have you verified your download was good? You may want to compare md5sums on the zip you download and the one listed in the OP.

zmaster

Reaction score
zmaster, You are saying that from your working 1.8.19 setup, you wipe data / cache and install 1.9.2 and on that first boot you can't get the phone to unlock? Have you verified your download was good? You may want to compare md5sums on the zip you download and the one listed in the OP.

magiman
i got it to work this time, it appears that over the air ROM downloads of both last ROM's was corrupted (for some reason i don't know). I manually d/loaded now last 1.9.2 ROM and it works perfect. Thank you for great job supporting us ppl of D1!!

It may have something to do with inconsistent Wi-Fi reception in the area at the time of d/load.

J.P.

Reaction score
Wifi doesnt work, installed 6 times already.. keeps saying wifi error. I've Dled it on 3 different connections, on 2 different PC's, wiped everything, and it still doesnt work.

BrUhNiGGs

Reaction score
I have been experiencing alot of 3G dropping on this rom. While im at school. 3G is gone then comes back then gone. I cant even call anyone. And cant recieve a txt until i unlock my phone. So basically service only starts when i unlock my phone? What kinda issue is this

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
That's a pretty damn annoying issue. Were you able to get this build up and running well before this started? Because I know you mentioned mounting issue earlier on.
Bruh did you by any chance update the su binary or Superuser itself?
Just because Mags had mentioned that MIUI has a special su apk and binary.
Is it possible you uninstalled one of the more random system apps, that is unexplainably linked with the radio or something else.
I know that there is the updater, monitor, dnd and several others. Some play a role.
Otherwise I suggest you may have gotten a bum dl, annoying. Wait, you still have your last nandroid as it was the backup apk that failed to work when setting this one up.
Maybe Nandroid the current one with the issue and then flash the older Nandroid and wipe dalvik, cache and system and flash fresh dl of newest version.

Mags may have a better idea, no, make that will. I just haven't encountered anything remotely like it.
Did you also lose phone reception in general?

danceswithbongs

BrUhNiGGs

Reaction score
Yes i had 0 bars. None. It was really annoying. And another annoying issue is how wifi turns off when i lock my screen. It causes my phone to lag after i unlock my screen.
And i did happen to delete some system apps with root explorer. I always delete Bluetooth.apk since i never in use it. May that be causing the issue?

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
That might be one of the few that I think wouldn't be a cause. But I do remember it runs at boot, so I can't say no fo sho.

Are you getting any toast saying anything regarding process?

danceswithbongs