[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.7.29.0 [DEV]

cowsquad

Reaction score
you guys should sign up and put in your support for this also...

MIUI Froyo versions

I wish devs could keep developing froyo version. Droid 1 can not handle gingerbread. I went back to froyo miui 1.3.11. Very fast and stable

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

+1 Not one of the gingerbread roms has lasted more than a couple of hours before it completely bogged down.

Yes, I would like froyo back :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
magiman7 what ever happened to the darker remix from 1.5.6 or 1.5.13 era?

Yeah, glad you found the remixes at miui.us. I stopped including them to free up space in /system. Since themes are so individual in taste and you can store as many as you want on the SD Card, I didn't see a reason to include any besides stock.

I am currently rocking out w/ the Dark White by blind. It has an HTC sense style lockscreen and good simple style. You can find it Here

jlutz555

Reaction score
Yeah, glad you found the remixes at miui.us. I stopped including them to free up space in /system. Since themes are so individual in taste and you can store as many as you want on the SD Card, I didn't see a reason to include any besides stock.

I am currently rocking out w/ the Dark White by blind. It has an HTC sense style lockscreen and good simple style. You can find it Here
It wasn't quite the remixed version you used to include... it was however the original dark theme from the original author updated for the newer framework.

I ended up going with the reDARKend by scott951 and some rounded icons i had laying around...

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It wasn't quite the remixed version you used to include... it was however the original dark theme from the original author updated for the newer framework.

I ended up going with the reDARKend by scott951 and some rounded icons i had laying around...

Yeah, I was using that for a little while myself. scott951 did a good job with it.

nu2droid

Reaction score
For some odd reason, my miui is having a meltdown. Out of nowhere I am having lockups and reboots all day long. Yesterday had 5 reboots and even more lockups. This morning, before 11 am I suffered 2 more reboots. I have not changed anything since installing last Friday.
I ended up reflashing a previous build and havent had any trouble ... yet
Anyone else or is it just me?

chewy74

Reaction score
im having the same issues

there will be sporadic times when it would run so smooth i would think it was someone else s phone...then 30 mins later it would slow to a craw, freeze or randomly soft boot

cowsquad

Reaction score
magiman, where do I find script sysrw and sysro on miui.us 1.7.29. I would like to use those on miui froyo 1.3.11. Could I?

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
magiman, where do I find script sysrw and sysro on miui.us 1.7.29. I would like to use those on miui froyo 1.3.11. Could I?

The scripts are in /system/bin/ AFAIK, they should work fine. I didn't do anything special to / with them. Feel free to use them, they aren't really unique to me or anything I did.

nu2droid

Reaction score
im having the same issues

there will be sporadic times when it would run so smooth i would think it was someone else s phone...then 30 mins later it would slow to a craw, freeze or randomly soft boot

Well, glad to see its not just me.

bsm471

Reaction score
Those of you having problems, go to launcher settings and unlock the launcher from memory and run the supercharge script. The script locks the launcher in memory already. For some reason having it locked in miui settings causes problems. If you do it right the rom should run smooth as butter. Mine is running better than any rom including froyo roms. Thanks Magi for all your work.

1FZFE

Reaction score
Funny you mentioning that...I was just reflashing cw along with uninstalling and reinstalling it to see if I could affect a change.
I can get it to work, but I have to keep going about it all screwy...like rebooting into recovery from cw...when it tries to install the update.zip back out to get to the menu. Backup from there, then once it's rebooted go back in and rename.
I've been looking into alternatives...not sure I want to go there either.

Anyone ever figure out what was causing this? I was having the same issues last night. I had to constantly reboot recovery in order to get CWR to behave. I never use ROM manager, so I don't think that was the issue and I have not switched recoveries in months. It appears to be related to this version of MIUI. I have not had these issues with prior builds or any other froyo or GB ROM. Ended up restoring PE 4.2 and everything worked like a charm again. Might try reinstalling today.

cowsquad

Reaction score
Well...a bit over 4 days in and phone is running better than it has in months. No lag, no fc, no redraws. Fingers crossed but at least for me this has been a real winner.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

How is you ram doing. I like gingerbread miui but my ram is always under 40mb free. Which obviously slow my phone performance

tap tap and send the talk droid 1

nu2droid

Reaction score
Funny you mentioning that...I was just reflashing cw along with uninstalling and reinstalling it to see if I could affect a change.
I can get it to work, but I have to keep going about it all screwy...like rebooting into recovery from cw...when it tries to install the update.zip back out to get to the menu. Backup from there, then once it's rebooted go back in and rename.
I've been looking into alternatives...not sure I want to go there either.

Anyone ever figure out what was causing this? I was having the same issues last night. I had to constantly reboot recovery in order to get CWR to behave. I never use ROM manager, so I don't think that was the issue and I have not switched recoveries in months. It appears to be related to this version of MIUI. I have not had these issues with prior builds or any other froyo or GB ROM. Ended up restoring PE 4.2 and everything worked like a charm again. Might try reinstalling today.

I believe they said they figured it out. It has been happening in this build and the last.
The work around I found: when you reboot in recovery you get that error. Then if you go under advanced in cw and choose reboot recovery, it will go back to doing right.
Worked for me that way.
Maybe it'll be fixed in 1.8.5.. we'll see

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I believe they said they figured it out. It has been happening in this build and the last.
The work around I found: when you reboot in recovery you get that error. Then if you go under advanced in cw and choose reboot recovery, it will go back to doing right.
Worked for me that way.
Maybe it'll be fixed in 1.8.5.. we'll see

Yes, I did find the issue last weekend and was going to release a 1.7.29.1 update, but life got a little crazy. Before I had the time to upload, it was Wednesday and I decided to not create version confusion with a new build coming soon.

1.8.5 should be released today and it does not have this issue.