tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
MIUI.us-Sholes-1.8.12.0
Development Build

This build is MOSTLY STABLE BUT IN DEVELOPMENT

This build was ported to the droid by MagiMan7 and TP4Bama, translations to english were done by MIUI.us

All of the MIUI.us build are now available on Rom Manager under MIUI.us which will allow automatic notification of future builds

Follow us on twitter for real time updates!
@magiman7 / @tp4bama

If this is your first time trying MIUI, read the MIUI Manual (credit The Batman) to become familiar with the interface and many of the hidden options.

Code:
#include <std-disclaimer>

/*Anything you do to your phone is solely your responsibilty, you choose
 to modify your phone. This rom has been marked BETA by the developer,
 however should anything happen to your phone neither of the developers
 "MagiMan7 and/or Tp4bama" nor MIUI.us nor MIUI.com developers are liable 
 in anyway.*/

KNOWN ISSUES:
  • Apps dont automatically load on fresh install, use the Miui Backup app to backup /restore apps
  • If you have having launcher force closes, switch back to the stock theme to verify the theme is not causing the issue.
  • MMS Videos playback as slide show (Chinese devs know about this!! This a MIUI problem and cannot be fixed by those here) If you NEED video mms, DON'T USE THIS ROM.
  • Facebook will sync ALL contacts
  • Instead of *228 call *228+ (hold 0 for + sign)
POST BUGS HERE IN THIS THREAD.

MIUI CHANGELOG: Here

Local changes by US:
  • Upgraded Motorola Proprietary files to FRG83G (Prevents VZW OTA update from downloading)
  • Stock kernel set to ondemand governor with min/max frequencies of 125/800
  • Changed the default VM Heap to 40mb
  • Compcache working from install (40mb) should be compatible with any kernel that works with CM7
  • Changed SD Card buffer to 2048 for speed boost (credit brainmaster)
  • Adjusted multiple memomory configurations - Between Multitasking and Balanced 3 with Hard to Kill Launcher from V6 Supercharge script (credit zeppelinrox)
  • Added 4-way Power mod (Miui.us)
  • Added all ringetones from CM7 and Pete's Stock GPA
  • Added vim, nano, bash, terminal mods, fix permissions script (CyanogenMod 7)
  • Added Terminal Emulator from CyanogenMod 7
  • Added sysrw and sysro scripts to remount system partition with write or read only access
  • Added lockapp / unlockapp scripts to lock an app in memory (scripts by MagiMan7, idea from zeppelinrox)
  • Added Old 3D Gallery
  • Removed 3G Hotspot due to it not working
  • Removed ProTips due to it being useless
  • Added Rom Manager for future automatic updates (installed to /data for easier upgrades)
  • Added Google Apps: Car Home, GenieWidget to system apps (not available from the market)
  • Added Google Apps: Mail, Maps, Voice, Google Search, Youtube, Voice Search to data partition (can be easily uninstalled or updated)
  • Added Stock Motorola Droid QuickOffice in data partition (can be easily uninstalled)
  • Added some build.prop tweaks (credit metalspring for collection from varioius sources)
  • Updated Busybox to 1.18.0 (credit imoseyon for cron setup script)
  • Setup cron to clear unused caches and restart compache everyday at 2 am (can be changed)
  • ERI Mod has been incorporated into the ROM, no need to flash another zip to remove network name. If you prefer seeing network name, sorry
  • Changed some default settings (disable traffic monitoring, enable non-market apps, enable power monitoring, etc)
INSTALLATION:
  1. Backup apps with MIUI backup if you are on a previous GB release (1.4.8 or later)
  2. NANDROID BACKUP!
  3. Wipe Data/factory reset
  4. Flash this rom
  5. If apps do not show up after initial flash, rebooting should make them reappear
  6. Restore apps/data with Miui backup
  7. If you use Google to back up your contacts, restoring contacts with Miui Backup could result in duplicate entries
  8. Using Titanium Backup to backup and restore apps/data has reportedly caused FCs with certain apps
  9. [DO NOT TRY TO RESTORE SYSTEM DATA FROM ANY ROM INCLUDING MIUI BELOW 1.4.8!!!!!!! or you will get force closes...] You have been warned.
Info on the MIUI Stats included in MIUI.us builds 1.7.15 and later
Please check out what they are and how we use them Here

Download
Version: 1.8.12.0 http://bit.ly/oiNaaP
md5: cdf9237d81e004e2f1cddd70cd42e2b2

Themes available HERE

Themers: Excellent guide on creating MIUI themes HERE

CRON OPTIONS
The set of cron tasks is editable in the /data/cron/root file. The root file lists all of the commands scheduled to run and the scheduled time. The file can be edited to add tasks or change the preset ones of flushing caches. All tasks in this file will be run as root (superuser privileges). The default cron tasks has a command commented out to cause the phone to do a soft reboot everyday at 2:45 am. This may help keep phone feeling snappy each morning. Remove '#' to have this run everyday

LOCKAPP / UNLOCKAPP INFO
Run lockapp script in terminal or from gscript. Both scripts are located in /system/xbin. Both scripts take a single argument, the process name. For example the Miui Music player has the process name com.miui.player. You can find process names for most installed apps under /data/app (just drop the -1.apk from the name listing).

To lock an app in memory you run lockapp PROCESS. For example, to lock the Miui Music player into memory, run 'lockapp com.miui.player' As a warning, Do not lock more than 1 app in memory. To lock an app in memory, the app has to be running. If the process is not running, the script will inform you.

Once an app is locked into memory, the only way to remove it from memory is to kill the process. The unlockapp does extactly that. It is run with the same arguement, unlockapp PROCESS. If you wanted to unlock the Miui Music player from memory, run 'unlockapp com.miui.player' This will kill the app you are unlocking from memory. If you want it to run the background unlocked, you will have to re-run the app.

chewy74

Reaction score
I'm still getting wifi drop and reconnects right after

Browser also fc when trying to import or export bookmarks

Daballa

Reaction score

There is an app called "KeepWiFi", you might want to give it a try. I've been using it for some time now.

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

Reaction score

Chewy, without a doubt, you sir have a dud D1......How do i know? cause i had the same problems along with alot others with my original D1 running Miui......Then my power button broke and my wife was do for an upgrade. So she got an iphone and i inherited her D1...Rooted it and ALL of those problems never occur now on Miui, It runs great like it should.....Its just like the kernals issue some phones run 1.25 lv without a hiccup and other cant overclock a 1000 without overheating an melting down (like my first D1) this one runs 1.25 all day!

nu2droid

Reaction score
I too had wifi issues with build. It is acually the first time I could not fix it with a different kernel. Wifi, loosing email setting and lag is too. Much for me. Back to .15 for me.
Maybe next time..

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I too had wifi issues with build. It is acually the first time I could not fix it with a different kernel. Wifi, loosing email setting and lag is too. Much for me. Back to .15 for me.
Maybe next time..

What kernels usually work with miui?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

chewy74

Reaction score
Nah, only miui builds after 1.7.24 has been giving me wifi drops. All other roms are fine. So I know its not bad hardware. Switching kernels don't help.

Chewy, without a doubt, you sir have a dud D1......How do i know? cause i had the same problems along with alot others with my original D1 running Miui......Then my power button broke and my wife was do for an upgrade. So she got an iphone and i inherited her D1...Rooted it and ALL of those problems never occur now on Miui, It runs great like it should.....Its just like the kernals issue some phones run 1.25 lv without a hiccup and other cant overclock a 1000 without overheating an melting down (like my first D1) this one runs 1.25 all day!

nu2droid

Reaction score
I usually have good. Luck with chevy and jdlfg from rm.
Usually... didn't play wellfor me this time though

g_what

Reaction score
downloaded... backed up... about to flash dancedroid

g_what

Reaction score
I can not get any of my alarms to have a silent ringtone. I under ringtone I select "none", but it still plays the previously selected ringtone when the alarm goes off. I had this issue in last weeks release as well. I typically only update every other week, but I decided to do this week cause I was hoping this issue would be resolved.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

chewy74

Reaction score
Don't you select 'mute' in the list of files for the ringtone if you don't want an audible?

g_what

Reaction score
"Mute" is not an option on these last two builds. It's called "None" now, and it doesn't seem to do its job :(

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
This version has been very good to me. No issues at all. Even oc'd to 1 ghz with chevy's 1 ghz lv. Good work fellas

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Just curious, why would you want a muted or silent alarm? For vibrate only?