[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.7.29.0 [DEV]

chewy74

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!yeah they know about each other. Good suggestion and will report back.

jonesy16

Reaction score
As someone said on page 1, I'm also having trouble setting notification ringtones using theme manager. Specifically, I can't set an alarm anymore because every time i select an alarm ringtone, it defaults back to Silent (happily my wife also had an alarm set this morning). I haven't tried using the music manager like the original poster did ... I'll look into that.

nu2droid

Reaction score
As someone said on page 1, I'm also having trouble setting notification ringtones using theme manager. Specifically, I can't set an alarm anymore because every time i select an alarm ringtone, it defaults back to Silent (happily my wife also had an alarm set this morning). I haven't tried using the music manager like the original poster did ... I'll look into that.

If that don't work, try flashing a new kernel. That's how i fixed mine.
I had luck with chevys or jdlfg from rom manager.
Hope it helps

Last edited:

chewy74

Reaction score
The ringtone you are selecting, is it being stored on your SD card or are you selecting a ringtone that came packaged?

If SD card, the SD card takes longer to load depending on how much stuff you have on there. So it could be not loading fast enough for settings to find the file and defaults it to silent

nu2droid

Reaction score
Does the theme manager even look at the sd card? All the ones that show in mine are ones that I have never seen before. Any way, for me it happened with both.

I took one from the system (pixidust) and converted it from a .ogg file format to mp3 and copied it to the sd card and it works just fine. (But it worked only after I changed the kernel).
Only the last two builds has done this to me.

jonesy16

Reaction score
I tried using the built-in alarm ringtones using the Theme Manager, since I prefer just a simple alarm and not some AC/DC song in the morning. I'll try a new kernel later to see if that helps, but for now nothing I've tried seem to helps. I came from 1.7.15, which was working fine, so I can't comment on the previous version (1.7.22).

cowsquad

Reaction score
I wish devs could keep developing froyo version. Droid 1 can not handle gingerbread. I went back to froyo miui 1.3.11. Very fast and stable

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bigdad63

Reaction score
I wish devs could keep developing froyo version. Droid 1 can not handle gingerbread. I went back to froyo miui 1.3.11. Very fast and stable

+1 Not one of the gingerbread roms has lasted more than a couple of hours before it completely bogged down.

cowsquad

Reaction score

+1 Not one of the gingerbread roms has lasted more than a couple of hours before it completely bogged down.

I agree, but its not devs fault; it's Droid 1 lack of memory RAM. Froyo runs way better

bsm471

Reaction score
The 7.29 rom is running the best out of any port i have flashed so far. I usually run the stock kernel but I tried the corcor 1050 LV and it is amazing how good it runs

CorCor67 V3 Kernels for ProjectElite
http://www.rootzwiki.com/showthread....ies-Kernels-V3!

Also check out the transformers theme lockscreen it is beautiful
Check it out
Thanks magiman7... You rock

groovydeus

Reaction score
Well...a bit over 4 days in and phone is running better than it has in months. No lag, no fc, no redraws. Fingers crossed but at least for me this has been a real winner.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

spiff72

Reaction score
Bug? WiFi Error

Hello all. Just wanted to come back and try this ROM again and see if I can get better battery life and performance since the .25 release.

I just flashed the latest last night, and I am using the deprimed kernel with the overclock script (900MHz ULV).

Wifi was working for me last night, and it worked for a brief period today, but I rebooted the phone this morning, and now when I try to enable wifi (it didn't come back on after the reboot), is just says "Error" under the WiFi text in the WiFi settings page. I tried a reboot and this didn't help.

I actually tried the reboot just to see if it would clear up the Chinese text in the DND settings page (but it didn't). I think I read somewhere else that a reboot fixed that issue (but I had my doubts).

Any suggestions?

I love the functionality and looks of this ROM (I actually run LauncherPro Plus on it), but I can't live with non-functional wifi or bad battery life.

Thanks!

chewy74

Reaction score
you guys should sign up and put in your support for this also...

MIUI Froyo versions