[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.8.5.0 [DEV]

chewy74

Reaction score
I restored back to 1.7.15 and dropped the new browser in. Its quick and snappy, but fc on me everytime I try to access the favorites / bookmarks

I have running the new browser lol on miui.us. I pulled out from miuiandroid.com lol seems fast and responsive :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
For anyone who wants to change it this is the line in the build.prop that says what android version your on

ro.build.version.release=2.3.4

Just change it to
ro.build.version.release=2.3.5

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I really wanted to change this. I just used Root Explorer to make and save the change, then I checked settings and it wasn’t changed, so I rebooted and there it is! This is the first time I changed anything in build prop and was a little nervous about it.

Thanks Metalspring, much appreciated.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I restored back to 1.7.15 and dropped the new browser in. Its quick and snappy, but fc on me everytime I try to access the favorites / bookmarks

I have running the new browser lol on miui.us. I pulled out from miuiandroid.com lol seems fast and responsive :)

Does that one have user agent switching? Like view pages as desktop or view them as mobile? And where do you get it

chewy74

Reaction score
I didn't see a quick switch for the user agent, but if that's what you want give skyfire a try.

I pulled the browser from the miuiandroid build from Trey

Does that one have user agent switching? Like view pages as desktop or view them as mobile? And where do you get it

mjh68

Reaction score
I did a fresh install with wiping etc.. I don't have a browser or market on phone? I ended up having an old market on my phone so installed that , then opera browser. Is something missing or was it just a quirk on my install ? I did try to reboot to see if either showed up, but that didn't work either.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Not blowing smoke, well perhaps that's a poor choice of words for me, since that is a lie.
So how bout, I ain't yankin your chain Mags when I say best build to date.

Chewy
You have mentioned wifi drop after 5 minutes, I don't know everything about wifi but perhaps someone else can chime in with any additional information or corrections.
I think that the router or signal or phone(maybe) has two broadcast or receive modes depending on if you're counting the phone as receiver. I think they are dynamic and static, and since you can connect but not hold and must reset router, I think either router or phone or both need to have same setting of whichever is correct, dynamic or static.
Now for those with greater knowledge, please add any additional information or corrections or clarifications. We need ya!

Again, fantabulous build. Mags, you just keep doing what you do, cause my OG likey very much.
Big smiling face with rosie cheeks!
DWB
walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I too had to go back to 7.15

The touch screen got very laggy, dialer kept FCing and the straw that broke the camels back was the constant loss of data. I tried wiping and reinstalling with same problems. Even tried another kernel which I never really do with miui.us.

Looking forward to 8.12

danceswithbongs

Reaction score

The touch screen got very laggy, dialer kept FCing and the straw that broke the camels back was the constant loss of data. I tried wiping and reinstalling with same problems. Even tried another kernel which I never really do with miui.us.

Looking forward to 8.12

Kung Pao
That absolutely sucks to hear. Stupid question, but have you noticed that the data drop occurs completely at random or only during specific tasks?

Also for the future and this is for everyone, do not use a camel as a dock for your OG! Just don't.

I have yet to find one with a sturdy back! Which is why a little light piece of straw is so often the precipitating factor in most dromedary spinal injuries!

Also what kernels have failed so far over the last few builds? And was the touch screen lag constant or would rear it's ugly head only at random. And if it's random, are you using compcache, swap partition and what is your vm heap size. And don't worry, I won't let anyone know your heap size, that's private gol dangit!

danceswithbongs

chewy74

Reaction score
my drops were only wifi and not 3g. i tried 3 different kernels: stock, deprimed & chevy's ulv (which compcache does not auto start on so was not on) and i still got the wif drops. I got crazy lag like bang pow boom. my drops were frequent, but didnt notice any obvious patterns to them, other than they happened often

web browsing was like getting waterboarded...dialer lockups, SMS FC's...the works.

1.7.15 is running like silk right now

groovydeus

Reaction score
Well, I initially restored apps through MIUI.US backup and that was a fiasco. Sluggish, laggy and weird issues with most programs (ROM Mgr in particular was actin' all sorts of funky...couldn't even run 'fix permissions without it choking). Did a clean wipe, re-downloaded apps through Market and now all is good. The last two versions have been really smooth and quick for me. No hangs or FCs. Good stuff!

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score

Looking forward to 8.12

Kung Pao
That absolutely sucks to hear. Stupid question, but have you noticed that the data drop occurs completely at random or only during specific tasks?

Also for the future and this is for everyone, do not use a camel as a dock for your OG! Just don't.

I have yet to find one with a sturdy back! Which is why a little light piece of straw is so often the precipitating factor in most dromedary spinal injuries!

Also what kernels have failed so far over the last few builds? And was the touch screen lag constant or would rear it's ugly head only at random. And if it's random, are you using compcache, swap partition and what is your vm heap size. And don't worry, I won't let anyone know your heap size, that's private gol dangit!

danceswithbongs

Everything was very random. I dont do anything too complicated with the settings, only turned the cron option on. I tried chevy's 5/29 1.1 med voltaged, uc'd to 900.

nu2droid

Reaction score
I too have been losing 3g randomly. No pattern, no specific time or app. I am also back to not being able to retain email settings (ie ringtones and signatures). And man is this browser slow. Takes forever to load and major screen lag. Have tried stock, 3 different chevy and 2 different other kernals. No fix yet

g_what

Reaction score
So far so good. Another fantastic build! Thanks Magiman and TP4Bama!

bsm471

Reaction score
Hey magiman, do you know how to make the camera default to full screen camera?

Reaction score
I’ve been using this since the weekend and it’s running beautifully. This build will replace 1.7.15.0 as the latest to revert to – until of course it gets eclipsed by the next great running build.

Thanks Magiman and TP4Bama for your great work!