[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.7.8.0 [DEV]

nu2droid

Reaction score
Kernel ?

OK first of all I have to say... this is freaking cool. I have tried Miui in the past, but I have never had any luck with it. But, this build is sweet. Running smooth and so far bug free.... Thank you

I do have a question though.
I flashed ChevyNo1 1.0 & 1.1 low volt kernel from his 5-31-11 builds. Usually one of these play very nicely with my phone. It shows it is installed but it wont run past 5-800 max. That is what is shows in SetCPU. I dont usually use setcpu, but I dont see a ROM option for performance tweeks.
Am I missing something? How can I get the complete usage of the kernel?
Any help would be great.

Running Droid 1
ChevyNo1 1.0 ghz
ADW Launcher

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
This build has been excellent so far. I haven't had the lag issues and haven't had to change the kernel.

Magiman, you mentioned in the last builds threat that you were going to incorporate the supercharging script in, I'm curious what option you put in this build?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

He went halfway between the multitasking and balanced 3 settings

jchammer123

Reaction score
This build has been excellent so far. I haven't had the lag issues and haven't had to change the kernel.

Magiman, you mentioned in the last builds threat that you were going to incorporate the supercharging script in, I'm curious what option you put in this build?

He went halfway between the multitasking and balanced 3 settings

Thanks. I used the balanced 3 option on the last 2 builds and it worked great. This is running great.

DROOIID

Reaction score
This is running great. No lag or force closes. Everyone needs to stop complaining in this section, switch roms if you're having "problems"

Antonius138

Reaction score
Select local ringtones?

Did the option for selecting a ringtone locally go away? I do not use the MIUI music player and removed it. Would that take away the ability to "browse" to a local file for the ringand notification tones?

Thanks,

A.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Did the option for selecting a ringtone locally go away? I do not use the MIUI music player and removed it. Would that take away the ability to "browse" to a local file for the ringand notification tones?

Thanks,

A.

It may. I haven't tried deleting the music app, but that is the option that I have to select when wanting to set the ringtone to something that is not stored in /system/media

dja1980

Reaction score
Does anyone else's wallpaper get messed up when docked? The wallpaper doesn't fill the entire screen, and it remains messed up once removed from the dock. I'm on the stock theme, and this happened on the last build for me too.

jay_x

Reaction score
##program

great ROM!

How do you get into Program Mode (##PROGRAM). I use the dial pad and it calls instead of going into the mode.

thanks!
j-

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I am shocked the ROM is beautiful but the bugs never get fixed in any release. The Video ROM is a default feature and no developer can fix it? This doesn't make sense.

I agree. After 6+ months the same issues reappear. Not worth my time and effort IMHO.

Oh my god, stop already! We are sick and tired of the complaints that have zero reason for being posted here. These should be written in Chinese and sent to China!

And if you didn't get a problem addressed and fixed in 3 months why would you delude yourself for 3 more?
It seems that this custom ROM attracts some who aren't happy if they're not complaining.

I hear there are plenty of like minded people who gather often, perhaps you might be happier there. They all blame the wrong people for their troubles and are dead set against solutions that would work.
Just find the nearest Tea Party event and enjoy.
I would not be posting in this thread except for the fact that this bug seems to be in all of our ports from JZ to TP to MM. And they refuse to fix it.
The builds always seems to come with a few sad sacks.
Is that stock from the Chinese build?
If it is a tweak you're doing on your side, Mags, please de-tweak as it is beyond annoying to read about it each release, thread in and thread out.

Unsatisfied ones, there are some great threads out there stating why the OG can't run GB, if you haven't already flooded those yet, go nuts.

You guys should boycott MIUI. Actually take it a step further so your issues will finally be addressed, boycott China and all Chinese made goods. Then they'll get the message, through your economic embargo. Probably have all your problems addressed and fixed before the week is out.

You know what, unroot and run stock. I have heard wonderful things about the video quality!
Has anyone else read that rumor, on the DF threads about how stock rocks?

Thanks again mags and to the poster of the post above regarding "##program", what exactly are you referring to as I've never seen anything about that before your post.
Thanks for any explanation as it sounds like it's an interesting item to learn more about.

Also if people need kernel with compcache support, I'm pretty sure raidzero has some decent ones in his sub forum found in the custom ROM forum.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

jay_x

Reaction score
it's the Droid programming menu:

Don't change settings in this menu if you do not know what you're doing...

• Usigng the dial pad (not the keyboard) Dial ##PROGRAM
  • Send
  • 000000 (or MSL)
  • Verify
Any other ROM aside from Miui it works. You can diag, change acct, data select, debug, etc.

j-

drilus

Reaction score
Thanks Magiman for the hard work you put in to these builds. This is MUCH smoother and more stable than the last release. I was getting too many random restarts before. With this build I haven't had one random restart. Plus I noticed after my first day that my battery life was better.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I went to ChevyNo1's ROM again because I was having some annoying reboots and such on the last MIUI that was out. I am loving SS because it seems to be good on battery and didnt reboot once on a 2 hour car ride, playing music and navigating... Still, I am hearing some good things about this latest release of MIUI so curiosity (and ui beauty) has got be flashing it...

Love my miui like no other... Can't wait for these 'final' builds I am hearing about...

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I went to ChevyNo1's ROM again because I was having some annoying reboots and such on the last MIUI that was out. I am loving SS because it seems to be good on battery and didnt reboot once on a 2 hour car ride, playing music and navigating... Still, I am hearing some good things about this latest release of MIUI so curiosity (and ui beauty) has got be flashing it...

Love my miui like no other... Can't wait for these 'final' builds I am hearing about...

Yeah, I prefer Chevy's speed and stability but miui just looks so awesome and its so different from the usual Droid experience lol
Btw aren't you the one that made the Luna theme? Anything new on that? It'd be cool to see a miui Luna theme or even a simply stunning Luna theme lol

Edit: btw magiman, how about throwing in the new market app floating around in the next build? I installed it on the current one had to delete the one in /system/app first though and install it as a data app)...it looks pretty cool
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-now-new-look-android-market-coming-soon.html

Last edited:

waco

Reaction score
Running great except timing seems off on flash for camera. Haven't seen any other comments about it so don't know if anyone else is having issue.