[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.7.15.0 [DEV]

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
MIUI.us-Sholes-1.7.15.0
Development Build

This build is MOSTLY STABLE BUT IN DEVELOPMENT

This build was ported to the droid by MagiMan7 and TP4Bama, translations to english were done by MIUI.us

All of the MIUI.us build are now available on Rom Manager under MIUI.us which will allow automatic notification of future builds

Follow us on twitter for real time updates!
@magiman7 / @tp4bama

If this is your first time trying MIUI, read the MIUI Manual (credit The Batman) to become familiar with the interface and many of the hidden options.

Code:
#include <std-disclaimer>

/*Anything you do to your phone is solely your responsibilty, you choose
 to modify your phone. This rom has been marked BETA by the developer,
 however should anything happen to your phone neither of the developers
 "MagiMan7 and/or Tp4bama" nor MIUI.us nor MIUI.com developers are liable 
 in anyway.*/

KNOWN ISSUES:
  • Apps dont automatically load on fresh install, use the Miui Backup app to backup /restore apps
  • If you have having launcher force closes, switch back to the stock theme to verify the theme is not causing the issue.
  • MMS Videos playback as slide show (Chinese devs know about this!! This a MIUI problem and cannot be fixed by those here) If you NEED video mms, DON'T USE THIS ROM.
  • Facebook will sync ALL contacts
  • Instead of *228 call *228+ (hold 0 for + sign)
  • Autobrightness is slow to change (see fix below)
  • Replaced Miui Camera with the stock CM7 app because Miui Camera will not flash when taking picture
  • Adding new folders copies contents of previous folder (see fix below)

POST BUGS HERE IN THIS THREAD.

MIUI CHANGELOG: Here

Local changes by US:
  • Completely new porting procedure, removed a TON (over 50) of unneeded Milestone files
  • Upgraded Motorola Proprietary files to FRG83G (Prevents VZW OTA update from downloading)
  • Stock kernel set to ondemand governor with min/max frequencies of 125/800
  • Changed the default VM Heap to 40mb
  • Compcache working from install (40mb) should be compatible with any kernel that works with CM7
  • Changed SD Card buffer to 2048 for speed boost (credit brainmaster)
  • Adjusted multiple memomory configurations - Between Multitasking and Balanced 3 with Hard to Kill Launcher from V6 Supercharge script (credit zeppelinrox)
  • Added 4-way Power mod (Miui.us)
  • Added all ringetones from CM7 and Pete's Stock GPA
  • Added vim, nano, bash, terminal mods, fix permissions script (CyanogenMod 7)
  • Added Terminal Emulator from CyanogenMod 7
  • Added sysrw and sysro scripts to remount system partition with write or read only access
  • Added lockapp / unlockapp scripts to lock an app in memory (scripts by MagiMan7, idea from zeppelinrox)
  • Added Old 3D Gallery
  • Removed 3G Hotspot due to it not working
  • Removed ProTips due to it being useless
  • Added Rom Manager for future automatic updates (installed to /data for easier upgrades)
  • Added Google Apps: Car Home, GenieWidget to system apps (not available from the market)
  • Added Google Apps: Mail, Maps, Voice, Google Search, Youtube to data partition (can be easily uninstalled or updated)
  • Added Stock Motorola Droid QuickOffice in data partition (can be easily uninstalled)
  • Added some build.prop tweaks (credit metalspring for collection from varioius sources)
  • Updated Busybox to 1.18.0
  • Setup cron to clear unused caches and restart compache everyday at 2 am (can be changed)
  • Update Market app version 3

INSTALLATION:
  1. Backup apps with MIUI backup if you are on a previous GB release (1.4.8 or later)
  2. NANDROID BACKUP!
  3. Wipe Data/factory reset
  4. Flash this rom
  5. If apps do not show up after initial flash, rebooting should make them reappear
  6. Restore apps/data with Miui backup
  7. If you use Google to back up your contacts, restoring contacts with Miui Backup could result in duplicate entries
  8. Using Titanium Backup to backup and restore apps/data has reportedly caused FCs with certain apps
  9. [DO NOT TRY TO RESTORE SYSTEM DATA FROM ANY ROM INCLUDING MIUI BELOW 1.4.8!!!!!!! or you will get force closes...] You have been warned.

Info on the new MIUI Stats included in MIUI.us builds with 1.7.15
Please check out what they are and how we use them Here

Version: 1.7.15.0 (Text Link for those on Mobile App)
md5: 1ff96d25cf632325f0bf99754369e4ca

Have Rom Manager automatically download zip on your phone (suggest downloading on wifi)
You must enable Web Connect in Rom Manager on your phone to enable this option

Themes available HERE

Themers: Excellent guide on creating MIUI themes HERE

ERI Mod - Removes all Verizon / Roaming / Network text in menu bar and pull down. (Flash on top of 1.7.15.0)
MIUI.us_sholes_1.7.15-eri-mod.zip
md5: e7c1ffb4fd0f1ce089cb2dd4d4f4820a

ADDING FOLDERS FIX
When you add the first folder, copy all of the icons you want in the folder. When you add a 2nd folder, it will look like it has copied the contents of the first folder. Do not try to change anything in either folder, just reboot the phone. After a reboot the new folder will be empty and you should be able to add any future folders without this error reappearing.

AUTOBRIGHTNESS FIX
The screen may take 10-30 sec to change brightness level when moved from bright to dark environment. This can be sped up to around 5 sec by disabling the Light Sensor Filter. To do this go to Settings -> Display Settings -> Advanced Mode (Under Automatic brightness) -> Turn off Light Sensor Filter at the top.

CRON OPTIONS
The set of cron tasks is editable in the /data/cron/root file. The root file lists all of the commands scheduled to run and the scheduled time. The file can be edited to add tasks or change the preset ones of flushing caches. All tasks in this file will be run as root (superuser privileges)

LOCKAPP / UNLOCKAPP INFO
Run lockapp script in terminal or from gscript. Both scripts are located in /system/xbin. Both scripts take a single argument, the process name. For example the Miui Music player has the process name com.miui.player. You can find process names for most installed apps under /data/app (just drop the -1.apk from the name listing).

To lock an app in memory you run lockapp PROCESS. For example, to lock the Miui Music player into memory, run 'lockapp com.miui.player' As a warning, Do not lock more than 1 app in memory. To lock an app in memory, the app has to be running. If the process is not running, the script will inform you.

Once an app is locked into memory, the only way to remove it from memory is to kill the process. The unlockapp does extactly that. It is run with the same arguement, unlockapp PROCESS. If you wanted to unlock the Miui Music player from memory, run 'unlockapp com.miui.player' This will kill the app you are unlocking from memory. If you want it to run the background unlocked, you will have to re-run the app.

HardWired

Reaction score
Trey's rom was smooth up until I restored my apps w/ the native Miui backup app. It was a backup from just last week (apps only) and after restoring it was laggy and weird. Gonna load this rom and reload apps direct from the Market. Man I wish Miui would sync w/ the Market after 1st boot.

Thx again magiman7 for all your time and work spent on porting this for us all!!

adjacks86

Reaction score
I tried my hardest to have the first post. I let my guard down and look what happens. Oh well, downloading now.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

DROOIID

Reaction score
I tried my hardest to have the first post. I let my guard down and look what happens. Oh well, downloading now.

I usually don't try but I usually do get the title. Weird I know.

Sadly no vibrate on keyboard press still .. might not happen I guess.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I usually don't try but I usually do get the title. Weird I know.

Sadly no vibrate on keyboard press still .. might not happen I guess.

BTW, have you tried other keyboards from the market? Gingerbread keyboard maybe?

DROOIID

Reaction score
No I haven't ... I was thinking maybe restoring a backup that had it working and titanium back up the keyboard, then restore it on this build.

adjacks86

Reaction score
Well DROOIID aren't you the lucky one...lol.
Oh and btw, been running this the last few hours and I'm loving it.

chewy74

Reaction score
Mag,question: I noticed the 4x4 music widget is only available if you use the native launcher.

Anyway to make it available for those who use 3rd party launchers? The stock one isn't customizable enough for my use.

Thanks man for another solid build

jchammer123

Reaction score
Lovin this rom, again! I do miss the MIUI camera though. I think its much better then the stock cm7 one, but oh well.

chewy74

Reaction score
^try treys build at miuiandroid, I believe he has the miui camera in it.

I will pull the miui camera and see if it works on this build

jchammer123

Reaction score

I initially flashed that build, but it was missing many of the standard apps that I use. And I couldn't find em in the market.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Mag,question: I noticed the 4x4 music widget is only available if you use the native launcher.

Anyway to make it available for those who use 3rd party launchers?

Not sure why it only appears in native launcher.

OP states "Replaced Miui Camera with the stock CM7 app because Miui Camera will not flash when taking picture"