[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.7.15.0 [DEV]

Daballa

Reaction score
Just the opposite in my opinion. I have been running SS and LGB builds lately and this is the only rom that will not lock up my browser. New to miui and pleasantly surprised.

Couple of questions to those miui vets. Are Chevys kernels compatible with this rom? Is there an option to disable the arrow on the lockscreen? If so I can't find it. Lastly, can "Verizon Wireless" be taken out of notification bar?

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

Flash the ERI mod in the OP to get rid of the Verizon wireless title.

Why don't you guys flash extended settings (andy miuii android.com) those work flawlesly with droid 1. He has a way to customize the status bar verizon thing, to whichever you want :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

+1, on a link through pm please!

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

cowsquad

Reaction score
Flash the ERI mod in the OP to get rid of the Verizon wireless title.

Why don't you guys flash extended settings (andy miuii android.com) those work flawlesly with droid 1. He has a way to customize the status bar verizon thing, to whichever you want :)

Sent from my O.G. DROiD
droidid and daballa i sent you a private msg but miuiandroid is down, like i said email me and i will send you the zip.
works really good on my phone

Daballa

Reaction score

Sent from my O.G. DROiD
droidid and daballa i sent you a private msg but miuiandroid is down, like i said email me and i will send you the zip.
works really good on my phone

Sent you an email.

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

Daballa

Reaction score
I haven't been on MIUI in a while. I installed the ROM and I have only installed apps from the market and Amazon Market. I have not Used TB to install any apps or previous data. I have Fancy Widgets on my phone, Use Location is checked in the phone settings, but the application is not able to use the phone location. Fancy Widgets does show up in the list of programs on the location page (I assume those are the apps that have permission to use location). Does anybody else have this issue or know of a fix? I did type in my city, but prefer to use location for when I am farther from home. I haven't noticed any other problems yet. The only thing I use a lot of that appear to be missing is the ability to individually swipe away notifications.

Edit: The only other issue I noticed besides Fancy Widgets and Location was that I could get the license for Swype to download because after installation, the Swype validation kept thinking I had Swype enabled and I was unable to get it to think otherwise.

There is a work around for getting swype to work. Go to miui.us and use the search bar to find it.

*found it http://forums.miui.us/archive/index.php/t-1255.html?

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

Mohawk3

Reaction score
I haven't been on MIUI in a while. I installed the ROM and I have only installed apps from the market and Amazon Market. I have not Used TB to install any apps or previous data. I have Fancy Widgets on my phone, Use Location is checked in the phone settings, but the application is not able to use the phone location. Fancy Widgets does show up in the list of programs on the location page (I assume those are the apps that have permission to use location). Does anybody else have this issue or know of a fix? I did type in my city, but prefer to use location for when I am farther from home. I haven't noticed any other problems yet. The only thing I use a lot of that appear to be missing is the ability to individually swipe away notifications.

Edit: The only other issue I noticed besides Fancy Widgets and Location was that I could get the license for Swype to download because after installation, the Swype validation kept thinking I had Swype enabled and I was unable to get it to think otherwise.

There is a work around for getting swype to work. Go to miui.us and use the search bar to find it.

*found it MIUI ROM 1.6.17 AND SWYPE BETA 3.0 [Archive] - MIUI.us forums

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

Thanks for this link.

Are you able to get location to work for your apps?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sooooooooooo... not MIUI Gallery Photo widgest on this version? First thing I always do is delete the 3Dgallery because I hate it, but now I can't put any photo frames on my homescreens :-(

nu2droid

Reaction score
Got 2 things I am having issues with.
Browser hangs and fc. Constantly. Tried reflashing, we'll see if it helps.
Also, the notification sounds will not remain as set. I have 2 emails setup along with the messaging. All with separate ring tones (so I know which one I have to check and which one can wait). Set all with different tones, but in no time they all revert back to the default notification tone.... its not a deal breaker, but it is annoying.

Anyone else having these issues? Have a fix?

Didn't have either of these issues on the last build. It ran flawlessly on my ol' D1.
Wiped everything, happened with stock and other kernels and no theme.

lgalcarte

Reaction score
:rofl3:

I put this on my phone yesterday (17.15.1 - I think I ended up getting it from a different site). Took me just about all day to get it set up the way I wanted it (which is why I don't understand how people can flash a new rom every day!). VERRRYYY laggy. I followed the instructions and downloaded my apps I needed directly from the market and didn't do a restore from Titanium Backup or anything else. Just too much waiting and looking at a blank screen while the programs loaded.

I tried downloading SetCPU and changing the settings in there - no luck. Was even worse.

I tried the V6Supercharger script. That didn't help either after trying 3 different settings.

I didn't try another launcher. I don't have time to play; today is a work day and I need my phone to be at its peak performance, which it definitely is not with this rom. I backed it up so maybe I'll try that again tonight or tomorrow night and see if that makes any difference. I'm guessing not, though.

I LOVE the way it looks and the feel of the whole thing - probably the best of the roms I've tried - but I just don't have the time to wait when I try to check my texts, email, twitter, FB accounts, etc. Actually there was pretty much a lag for every program I used. Too bad. I REALLY liked the concept. The battery life was fantastic.

Original Droid
Going back to Simply Stunning 5.4

cowsquad

Reaction score

I put this on my phone yesterday (17.15.1 - I think I ended up getting it from a different site). Took me just about all day to get it set up the way I wanted it (which is why I don't understand how people can flash a new rom every day!). VERRRYYY laggy. I followed the instructions and downloaded my apps I needed directly from the market and didn't do a restore from Titanium Backup or anything else. Just too much waiting and looking at a blank screen while the programs loaded.

I tried downloading SetCPU and changing the settings in there - no luck. Was even worse.

I tried the V6Supercharger script. That didn't help either after trying 3 different settings.

I didn't try another launcher. I don't have time to play; today is a work day and I need my phone to be at its peak performance, which it definitely is not with this rom. I backed it up so maybe I'll try that again tonight or tomorrow night and see if that makes any difference. I'm guessing not, though.

I LOVE the way it looks and the feel of the whole thing - probably the best of the roms I've tried - but I just don't have the time to wait when I try to check my texts, email, twitter, FB accounts, etc. Actually there was pretty much a lag for every program I used. Too bad. I REALLY liked the concept. The battery life was fantastic.

Original Droid
Going back to Simply Stunning 5.4

Hey man, I guess you downloaded from droid life, that was miuiandroid.com. yeah you right is very laggy. I tried that didn't load up my apps. So, you should try miui.us rom here, that runs pretty decent man. Okay try it okay. Magiman rocks

lgalcarte

Reaction score
Ok, man. :) (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Can I restore 17.5.1 and then flash 17.5.0 without wiping? I REALLY don't want to go through the ENTIRE setup process again... Usually you can update that way, but can you go backwards on builds??

And, yes I did get it from DroidLife. I figured I should have the latest and greatest version...

Original Droid
Rocking Simply Stunning 5.4
Go Launcher Ex

cowsquad

Reaction score

Can I restore 17.5.1 and then flash 17.5.0 without wiping? I REALLY don't want to go through the ENTIRE setup process again... Usually you can update that way, but can you go backwards on builds??

And, yes I did get it from DroidLife. I figured I should have the latest and greatest version...

Original Droid
Go Launcher Ex

Nope I don't suggest that. This is a different port my friend. Magiman and Trey port roms differently
So you should wipe data and cached, then restore apps with miui back up

chewy74

Reaction score
i wouldnt suggest it either, but only one way to find out right....?

make a full backup and try it...if it fails restore backup or start from scratch as a last resort

Original Droid
Go Launcher Ex

chewy74

Reaction score
which is why i never set up my phone until I've ran the ROM, problem free for at least 3 days before taking the time to setup my screens again. Plus, all day? WTF, how elborate is your set up :icon_eek:
I have 4 screens, and app restore & screen setup takes a max of 30 mins

TB for apps & app data ONLY
then set up a folder on sd card for all custom icons & wallpaers for your set up. the most time consuming thing is the custom icons and shortcuts with desktop visualizer

I put this on my phone yesterday (17.15.1 - I think I ended up getting it from a different site). Took me just about all day to get it set up the way I wanted it (which is why I don't understand how people can flash a new rom every day!).

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Any comment on why the miui gallery photo widgets don't work on this version? My only negative thought so far.