[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.7.15.0 [DEV]

bsm471

Reaction score
I tried trey's build first and its having trouble with the flash... it works for the camera but dosnt flash at the same time it takes the picture... also the keyboard backlight is not working

Magi, this build is working flawless for me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Mohawk3

Reaction score
I haven't been on MIUI in a while. I installed the ROM and I have only installed apps from the market and Amazon Market. I have not Used TB to install any apps or previous data. I have Fancy Widgets on my phone, Use Location is checked in the phone settings, but the application is not able to use the phone location. Fancy Widgets does show up in the list of programs on the location page (I assume those are the apps that have permission to use location). Does anybody else have this issue or know of a fix? I did type in my city, but prefer to use location for when I am farther from home. I haven't noticed any other problems yet. The only thing I use a lot of that appear to be missing is the ability to individually swipe away notifications.

Edit: The only other issue I noticed besides Fancy Widgets and Location was that I could get the license for Swype to download because after installation, the Swype validation kept thinking I had Swype enabled and I was unable to get it to think otherwise.

DROOIID

Reaction score
I haven't been on MIUI in a while. I installed the ROM and I have only installed apps from the market and Amazon Market. I have not Used TB to install any apps or previous data. I have Fancy Widgets on my phone, Use Location is checked in the phone settings, but the application is not able to use the phone location. Fancy Widgets does show up in the list of programs on the location page (I assume those are the apps that have permission to use location). Does anybody else have this issue or know of a fix? I did type in my city, but prefer to use location for when I am farther from home. I haven't noticed any other problems yet. The only thing I use a lot of that appear to be missing is the ability to individually swipe away notifications.

Edit: The only other issue I noticed besides Fancy Widgets and Location was that I could get the license for Swype to download because after installation, the Swype validation kept thinking I had Swype enabled and I was unable to get it to think otherwise.

There is a work around for getting swype to work. Go to miui.us and use the search bar to find it.

*found it http://forums.miui.us/archive/index.php/t-1255.html?

cowsquad

Reaction score
I finally gave up on miui. It is a pretty nice rom, but Droid 1 memory isn't capable to handle it. I gave up. I'm sad because of that :( I'm running bugless beast GPA 16. Pretty smooth rom and free ram is 80mb. I'm sad :) I love miui UI

chewy74

Reaction score
I pulled the miui camera from treys build and the flash is working after 6 - 8 pics taken with no failure of the flash going off.

chewy74

Reaction score
Yeah, the miui music player won't show on the new 5 way lockscreens either. It only shows on the older lockscreen styles.

I knew why you left out the miui camera, I was just giving him another option if he really wanted it.

I do read your op's ;)

Mag,question: I noticed the 4x4 music widget is only available if you use the native launcher.

Anyway to make it available for those who use 3rd party launchers?

Not sure why it only appears in native launcher.

^try treys build at miuiandroid, I believe he has the miui camera in it.

I will pull the miui camera and see if it works on this build

OP states "Replaced Miui Camera with the stock CM7 app because Miui Camera will not flash when taking picture"

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I pulled the miui camera from treys build and the flash is working after 6 - 8 pics taken with no failure of the flash going off.

Yes, flash will work, but zooming won't. (You may get 2 zoom levels, 1x and 2.5x no matter what you slide it to) There is also risk of the old FCs that leave a hanging process and "Cannot Connect to Camera" error

FCs are not as likely without autofocus mode enabled, but they are still possible.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I knew why you left out the miui camera, I was just giving him another option if he really wanted it.

I do read your op's ;)

Yep, I think I clicked on the wrong post to quote. It's all good. :)

Daballa

Reaction score
I finally gave up on miui. It is a pretty nice rom, but Droid 1 memory isn't capable to handle it. I gave up. I'm sad because of that :( I'm running bugless beast GPA 16. Pretty smooth rom and free ram is 80mb. I'm sad :) I love miui UI

Just the opposite in my opinion. I have been running SS and LGB builds lately and this is the only rom that will not lock up my browser. New to miui and pleasantly surprised.

Couple of questions to those miui vets. Are Chevys kernels compatible with this rom? Is there an option to disable the arrow on the lockscreen? If so I can't find it. Lastly, can "Verizon Wireless" be taken out of notification bar?

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Just the opposite in my opinion. I have been running SS and LGB builds lately and this is the only rom that will not lock up my browser. New to miui and pleasantly surprised.

Couple of questions to those miui vets. Are Chevys kernels compatible with this rom? Is there an option to disable the arrow on the lockscreen? If so I can't find it. Lastly, can "Verizon Wireless" be taken out of notification bar?

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

Yo send me a PM and I can upload a file to rid of that 'Verizon' branding for ya. If there isn't one on the OP, i forget.

DROOIID

Reaction score

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

Flash the ERI mod in the OP to get rid of the Verizon wireless title.

chewy74

Reaction score
Yes, Chevy kernels runs very well with miui. I normally use the 1100 ulv but decided to try the medV because many have mentioned it works better than the ulv with miui.

So far it's pretty good, hoping the heat and battery drainage levels out and it seems to have.

cowsquad

Reaction score

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

Why don't you guys flash extended settings (andy miuii android.com) those work flawlesly with droid 1. He has a way to customize the status bar verizon thing, to whichever you want :)

cowsquad

Reaction score
Magiman. What does cached proccess suppose to be mean? Is there any way to cached some apps in memory? Silly question, but I need an answer, please

DROOIID

Reaction score

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

Why don't you guys flash extended settings (andy miuii android.com) those work flawlesly with droid 1. He has a way to customize the status bar verizon thing, to whichever you want :)

PM me the info and link for this please. I am guessing you just flash it?