[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 For The Droid 2 11/04 - Its Time For A Revolution!

dudemansir

Reaction score
Settings > liberty settings > liberty customizer > addons :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

?? There is no Social Networking option here. I looked up and down earlier. All there is is Blur Status. This for some reason just stays there saying "Checking Status Updates"

Last edited:

zzz123kkma

Reaction score
the link to download is broken! and right when i finished sbf then update to 2.3 then root i find the link is down...just my luck

BoingoInsanity

Reaction score
Upon more use, I have noticed that the charging light on the side of the phone isn't working, and it seems that my display wants to shut off every 5 seconds even though the delay is set to 30 seconds, it does this about 50% of the time, not sure why, but it's annoying as hell! Other than that and the bluetooth issue, I am blown away by how awesome this rom is! This is the phone I thought I was buying a year ago when I first stepped into the *smart phone* market, intead of the constantly crashing slow as crap, battery sucking crap it came with when I bought it!

RJT185

Reaction score
Been running this ROM since it became "stable" and even for a couple days as a RC.

...things I've noticed:

- Charging light doesn't light up, not major since it's quite bright in a dark room.
- GPS lock, at least for my phone, takes for EVER. Sometime I just need to start driving and let it catch up with me.
- If you try to switch back to Blur gallery via the customize-r it doesn't work correctly.
- It doesn't seem to play nice 100% of the time with LauncherPro, but then again LP isn't what it used to be.

Those things aside I feel that Liberty trumps both CM7 and Rooted Stock.

AbusedRib

Reaction score
Been running this ROM since it became "stable" and even for a couple days as a RC.

...things I've noticed:

- Charging light doesn't light up, not major since it's quite bright in a dark room.
- GPS lock, at least for my phone, takes for EVER. Sometime I just need to start driving and let it catch up with me.
- If you try to switch back to Blur gallery via the customize-r it doesn't work correctly.
- It doesn't seem to play nice 100% of the time with LauncherPro, but then again LP isn't what it used to be.

Those things aside I feel that Liberty trumps both CM7 and Rooted Stock.

-This is a DX ROM that is ported to D2. These kinds of ROMs never have a working charge light
-My GPS and LP work fine for me, personally

Inelastic

Reaction score
I think LP has issues with GB in general. I actually had more problems with it on stock than on Liberty.

breachless

Reaction score
I think LP has issues with GB in general. I actually had more problems with it on stock than on Liberty.

Agreed. I stopped using Launcher Pro awhile back when I started using GB based ROMS because of this. Too bad: it was my favorite launcher but the bugs made it impossible to live with for me. GoLauncher seems to fill the gap pretty nicely though if you are looking for a smooth launcher that you can customize fairly easily. It gets regular updates as well. I like it anyway... To each his/her own.

KalKal

Reaction score
-This is a DX ROM that is ported to D2. These kinds of ROMs never have a working charge light
-My GPS and LP work fine for me, personally

The charge light was working on LGB wasn't it? I think I remember having it working.

khazdar

Reaction score
why wont it boot into clockwork to install? I'm on gb ota rooted. i have selected reboot recovery from toolbox and rom manager. it just reboots. im sbf'ing again... we'll see.

tjarvis

Reaction score
why wont it boot into clockwork to install? I'm on gb ota rooted. i have selected reboot recovery from toolbox and rom manager. it just reboots. im sbf'ing again... we'll see.

Did you flash bootstrap? Use that to get to recovery as well.

khazdar

Reaction score
alright, so i dont have to sbf and upgrade ota again... i have:

stock ota w/ gb - check
rooted - check
d/l'ed liberty3.zip - check
bootstrap - check

is that all i need? i dont need to install toolbox or rommanger to install do i?
wipe data and cache ?
then proceed to install via sd .zip?

this is getting to be a long process :)

Last edited:

khazdar

Reaction score
great... looking at the red moto bell... again. what did i do wrong????

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
From ota gb:
Bootstrap into recovery (it should be the latest clockwork 5. something)
Wipe data, cache and dalvik
Mount system (optional, but recommended)
Install liberty 3
Reboot

zzz123kkma

Reaction score
anyone know if barnical wifi tether works on this? or any wifi teather app that works? before i go waist my time trying.

konellaz

Reaction score
anyone know if barnical wifi tether works on this? or any wifi teather app that works? before i go waist my time trying.

There are several threads in xda.. Reverse tethering. Problem is vzw can track now. Its an additional service provided by vzw. Just pay for it.. Damn its only 30 a month. If you come to my office and rent an escalade and ask to tow a boat.. I'm going to charge you extra, because of the additional wear and tear from towing.. Tethering does add additional strain to the network.. There is not some magical Lte fairy who just gives endless lte.. No!!! more people on it the more bandwith being used.. If you return my escalade... and its easy to tell if you towed.. Ball and receiver will leave small scratches.. I will Bill said customer for complete replacement of the whole rear bumper assembly and safety inspection all cause said buyer was a cheap a$$ and didn't buy the additional towing charge of 29.99.. As should vzw for any unauthorized use of tethering by the poor!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk