[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 For The Droid 2 11/04 - Its Time For A Revolution!

Reaction score
So I'm trying to dl liberty 3 1.0 from the toolbox and it downloads a 144meg file but its not a zip. How do I installl it?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

dudemansir

Reaction score
Interesting rom so far. Install went smooth. However are there any plans to make the power strip customizable or at least shrink the icons. So huge.

Also I love GO Launcher, piled on top of Liberty pointing to the home launcher am I wasting battery?

scushard

Reaction score
So I'm trying to dl liberty 3 1.0 from the toolbox and it downloads a 144meg file but its not a zip. How do I installl it?

I just rename the file to something meaningful with a .zip at the end. That worked for me.

AbusedRib

Reaction score
Themes

Are any themes for this available yet? I'm assuming themes from previous versions of Liberty won't work here?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Went from Liberty 0.9 to liberty 1.0 today. 3G won't work after many reboots, and battery pulls. What do I do ?

Liberty 3 works beautifully on the DX, so I am hoping to fix the D2 too.

Thanks !

Hey guys,
I'm having the same problem... I have wiped/factory reset and re-installed a couple of times now with no 3g. I have tried activating my phone and under the Mobile Network settings, the only option I have is System Select with the options of Home Only or Automatic. I will try SBFing then upgrading back to this to see if that works.

Reaction score
3G Fix for Liberty GB 1.0

If you are having problems with the 3g in this rom, the only way I was able to figure out how to fix it was to sbf, do an OTA upgrade to gingerbread, root it, and then install Liberty GB 1.0

dudemansir

Reaction score
Anyone else have an issue when upgraded to the latest RC when accessing Liberty settings it takes you directly to the Lockscreen settings with no way to any other menu settings? Very strange. Liking this rom. Man I wish I could customize that power strip pull down.

Stoneddave

Reaction score
So...no one else having the screen wake up issue? Also I had similar problems with revs cm7...

Are you using Jrummy's Android Overclock app? If so, are you using profiles?

I thought I had spoken too soon about the stability of this ROM after I began having the screen wake issue, I linked it to using profiles in the Android Overclock app. Any time I used profiles, my screen would go to sleep and not come back on without a battery pull. Switched off the profiles and haven't had the issue since. I wonder if it's a compatibility problem with Jakebites and Android Overclock, as I had the same issue with CM7 as well. Never tried using profiles on either ROM with Jakebites not installed so I don't know if removing Jakebites will fix the issue, worth a shot. I never had Jakebites installed while using Liberty 0.8 and 0.9 and was able to use overclock profiles no problem, so my guess is an issue with something Jakebites changes and using overclock profiles....Let me know if this fixes anyone else's issue.

AceDaPig

Reaction score
Havin some troubles with WiFi - mainly, it not working. I'm guessing it's because of jakesbitesmod?

konellaz

Reaction score
Apps still disappearing.. hift3r v2.3 ics.... Anyone else?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

breachless

Reaction score
Just wanted to pop in and throw some thanks in for the devs of this ROM. I LOVE it. After being on CM7 for quite a long while, I forgot how nice it is to have decent battery life again... I also missed my Blur Camera. To top it all off, my phone is snappier than ever, and seems to have a lot less annoying little issues than what I had with CM7 (no more DSP Force Close on incoming calls!)

Admittedly, I do have GOLauncher installed because the stock launcher doesn't support a few simple functions that I require (at least that I could find). Namely, the ability to delete blank home screens, and cycle through home screens continuously from last to first. I prefer only 2 homescreen pages to keep things nice and neat. Plus I love the GOLauncher Calendar Widget. A lot.

The only other issue I have found so far, is probably my own fault, but I installed the Blur Email app in the Liberty Customizer, decided I didn't like it, and then installed the AOSP Email app instead. That worked fine, but somehow, I still get a notification from both email clients now. If I try to open the Blur Email notification, nothing happens, but it is kind of obnoxious and I wish I could find a way to make it stop since I already get a ton of notifications through my work email on a daily basis... getting double the notifications is CRAZY.

tjarvis

Reaction score
Are you using Jrummy's Android Overclock app? If so, are you using profiles?

I thought I had spoken too soon about the stability of this ROM after I began having the screen wake issue, I linked it to using profiles in the Android Overclock app. Any time I used profiles, my screen would go to sleep and not come back on without a battery pull. Switched off the profiles and haven't had the issue since. I wonder if it's a compatibility problem with Jakebites and Android Overclock, as I had the same issue with CM7 as well. Never tried using profiles on either ROM with Jakebites not installed so I don't know if removing Jakebites will fix the issue, worth a shot. I never had Jakebites installed while using Liberty 0.8 and 0.9 and was able to use overclock profiles no problem, so my guess is an issue with something Jakebites changes and using overclock profiles....Let me know if this fixes anyone else's issue.

I am using android overclock, but with no profiles as they seem to take longer to change ie: screen off profile set to 400 and when I woke up the phone it took about a min to jump the cpu back up to normal operating range. I use setcpu for the profiles and it seems to be more responsive and actually do as its told. I've always used jakebites so I don't think that's it. What fixed it for me is I just reflashed the rom a few times over its self with out wiping and that seemed to fix it, now everthing is behaving (other than a random reboot that occurs nightly at 9:00...weird as that is...) normally. Although I am greatful for the developing of roms and bypasses and hacks for the d2 I am really ready to move on. Fingers crossed for a 4.3 inch tri-core 2gb ram 16gb storage lte qwerty slider for early 2012 when my new every two rolls around...

Baseballd2

Reaction score
I'm coming from liberty 2, wiped data and cleared cache, still getting stuck in a bootloop oh well, back to v2 it is....

MAMBA24ILL

Reaction score
Flashed & now i'm not sure how to get my phone to show time, temp, etc. once on the charging dock.

Edit: Downloaded Alarm Clock Plus & it seems to do what I wanted.

Last edited: