[ROM] The Eagle Has Landed!!!! - Liberty 1.0 1/11/11

Reaction score
What kind of Droid 2 phone do you have? If it's an R2-D2 (which I have), you probably have to SBF to the latest kernel first. I'm sure you know that Liberty doesn't work on the Droid 2 Global.

redunzl

Reaction score
What kind of Droid 2 phone do you have? If it's an R2-D2 (which I have), you probably have to SBF to the latest kernel first. I'm sure you know that Liberty doesn't work on the Droid 2 Global.

well that explains that i guess. but i didnt know...
i must have the droid 2 global or milestone 2 (are they not the same?).
was purchased from beijing from a euro source. (no the phone is not fake, its legit).

so now what do i do?
only button that seems to work is POWER. I can power on but not off. only way to shut it off is battery pull.

redunzl

Reaction score
[Q] Milestone 2 Bricked! Help Me - xda-developers

this thread got me to bootloader. thanks for all the help so far.
turns out i have milestone 2 and not d2 (my fail).

now i am stuck with this screen

bootloader

battery OK
OK to program
Connect USB
Data Cable

I made a back-up before I flashed but not sure how to access.

Reaction score
Good luck! This forum seems to be devoted to the Droid series sold by Verizon, so you'll probably find a better source of help in another forum.

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

was purchased from beijing from a euro source. (no the phone is not fake, its legit).

so now what do i do?
only button that seems to work is POWER. I can power on but not off. only way to shut it off is battery pull.

You need to find the Droid2Global SBF file and preform a SBF in bootloader mode.
Found it for you actually, get it here: Droid 2 Global SBF File (2.4.29) Full and RSDLite

All credit for this file to Team Black Hat.

Go to the second post, download the .SBF file, Download RSDlite with drivers and install the drivers and RSDlite.
Use method 2 to SBF your device back to stock.

I am just the messenger therefor if something goes wrong me nor TBH are responsible for your device.

redunzl

Reaction score

so now what do i do?
You need to find the Droid2Global SBF file and preform a SBF in bootloader mode.
Found it for you actually, get it here: Droid 2 Global SBF File (2.4.29) Full and RSDLite

All credit for this file to Team Black Hat.

Go to the second post, download the .SBF file, Download RSDlite with drivers and install the drivers and RSDlite.
Use method 2 to SBF your device back to stock.

I am just the messenger therefor if something goes wrong me nor TBH are responsible for your device.
don't i need to download the sbf file for milestone 2? also the RSDlite link is dead..ill look for that elsewhere. thanks. i guess i need to learn how to perform a SBF in bootloader mode now. thanks again.

Reaction score
I was going to suggest what Jboxen suggested but decided against it because I don't know if the Droid 2 Global and Milestone 2 are identical or how much they have in common...

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hmmm they might be differn't, hang on...

Edit: I can not find anything about a Milestone 2 SBF anywhere, sorry man. :/

miketoasty

Reaction score
Your going to have to wait for the sbf as your phone is basically bricked till then. You should have read up on things before jumping in.

Also, the droid 2, droid 2 global, and droid 2 milestone are all completely different beasts and have special roms for each that are NOT interchangeable.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

redunzl

Reaction score
EDIT:
my problem was fixed by flashing my phone's SBF with the lastest version (4.9) of RSD Lite
thanks to all the ballers that helped me

hardkidd

Reaction score
existingly im using Fission ROM, is it fine to instal liberty just from the recovery? (after wipe data & cache)

thanks