[DROID2] Liberty ROM - v 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
i cant get to anything. its just the triangle and ! i press the search key(magnifying glass) and it dont do anything. this is a d2 not d2 global. any other ideals?

make sure you're hitting the search key on the keyboard, not the one on the screen.

Thank you for clarifying this. I just assumed he would do that. Good call

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

americanz

Reaction score
yea i got it with the one on the keboard. but i did a wipe and it wiped my sd too?! will a sbf restore factory os? or will it still be liberty

americanz

Reaction score
ok the sbf is running. and has neen for a while. says progress executed 100% result in progress... but my phone is off and has been. ???? ok it asays manaukl power on. and it wont. ?

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it's 100 % it should reboot by itself. If not, reboot yourself. Make sure it's finished. You should be good. If it bootloops, go into stock recovery and do a data wipe and that will take care of the bootloop. I don't know how or why your sd card was wiped. I can't think of what you could have done for that to happen

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Was your battery low when you did the sbf? Yeah either get another battery from someone or find a way to charge yours in another phone or charger. I hope that's what it is!

DuMa

Reaction score
Hi everyone I newbie
can I install liberty rom with D2 froyo stock rom or must with GB rom?
Thanks

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Liberty 2.0 is a froyo rom. You can flash this. If you want liberty gb you need to first be on the gb leak then you may flash liberty gb

DuMa

Reaction score
Liberty 2.0 is a froyo rom. You can flash this. If you want liberty gb you need to first be on the gb leak then you may flash liberty gb

Ok thanks:)
So liberty can install with froyo and gb
One more question
Liberty more stable and fast with froyo or gb?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Liberty 2.0 is froyo. Liberty GB is at the 0.5 stage. I'm on froyo liberty and its very stable. If its your first rom I would try it. To get liberty gb you need to flash the leaked GB first, then download the liberty toolbox (donate) to get the gb nightly

147Keys

Reaction score
JRUMMY16 and all Liberty contributors: just wanna say a huge THANK YOU to all of you for your diligent work on this ROM. I am a newbie (just rooted a few days ago) and flashed Liberty since it was highly recommended and I am now SO MUCH HAPPIER with my "liberated" D2. I was getting so frustrated with a great phone that -- theoretically -- should have been so much faster than it actually was due to all the preloaded Moto/VZ bloatware. I can't believe it made that big of a difference. It was like getting a brand new phone.

Thanks again and great work... can't wait for the GB version! ;-) JK, take your time...
147Keys

P.S. at first I was disappointed that CM7 is not available for the D2 but now I don't even care. LIBERTY ROCKS!

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
Same here. I came from an lg Ally... I wouldn't even think of going back now. I really dig this ROM.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

mtorio83

Reaction score
Just rooted yesterday and installed this as my first ROM! Loving it! dancedroid
(Even though when i upgrade, I will be getting the dreaded :iphone:)

DuMa

Reaction score
I really like liberty rom
Thanks jrummy16 for liberty rom
And Thanks for the explanation idopa

Status
Not open for further replies.