Liberty ROM - v. 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanedroid1

Reaction score
hey guys i am relatively new to roming and tweaking my phone and i have been running liberty 2.0.1 for about a week. i was running the oreo slice theme but i wanna try something new. do i have to do anything to get rid of oreo slice first or will downloading and installing another theme out of the tool box automatically overwrite the previous theme? thanks in advance

prowler85

Reaction score
Hey, been attempting to install 2.0.1 on my phone and keep having the same problem. Read thru most of this and saw someone mention the problem but never saw the resolution.

Started with LTB (free) and tried to install and it says "cannot open sdcard/Liberty/Roms/Liberty2.0.1DX.zip". So tried downloading from OP and got the same error. Thought it was the free version or something so paid for the donate version, but alas, same thing.

Please help!

Currently running Rubix 1.8, and can see my sdcard using Root Explorer and as a usb mass storage.

xylems

Reaction score
Liberty will not work

Hey all,

i am running rooted stock Android 2.2.1
System version version.2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US

I believe the 340 in the version is what they refer to when they said they test it in 320/340 DX's. Everytime i try to flash liberty 2.0 overtop of my current ROM i get stuck in a boot loop. (I made sure to clear cache and clear Dalvik Cache too). When i do a Complete System Wipe (factory settings not RSD flashing), i get most of the features, but i seem to loose my ability to have Busybox and i do not get the liberty toolbox. How can i go about getting a properly functioning version of liberty on my phone?

prowler85

Reaction score
Hey, been attempting to install 2.0.1 on my phone and keep having the same problem. Read thru most of this and saw someone mention the problem but never saw the resolution.

Started with LTB (free) and tried to install and it says "cannot open sdcard/Liberty/Roms/Liberty2.0.1DX.zip". So tried downloading from OP and got the same error. Thought it was the free version or something so paid for the donate version, but alas, same thing.

Please help!

Currently running Rubix 1.8, and can see my sdcard using Root Explorer and as a usb mass storage.

Answered my own question again....always seems like it's about the thousandth post where I find the answer though. Had to toggle signature verification a few times, then got it to take. Whew.....seems like I've spent a LOT of time lately spinning my wheels for issues that make no sense.

yanko

Reaction score

Please help!

I think that was me, no answer so far, wasted 5 bucks for nothing, no help from developers or any kind of customer assistance, and now i cant et my money back.

after all, I SBFed my phone, installed the 3 parts 4.5.588, rebooted, installed the 4.5.595 deodexed, rebooted, and finally, installed the BROODCOMB 3.0 from drewgaren dot com.
best deal ever., no need for special made apps. and its free.
for me, liberty sucks and i want my money back.

cjriddle22

Reaction score

Please help!

@prowler85

Well for starters, Liberty Toolbox only works (flawlessly) on a Liberty ROM. Your best bet would be to reboot into CW, make a backup of your current ROM, then wipe data and cache, then just flash the Liberty 2.0.1 zip from within CW. That way you have a fresh install of Liberty with no bits and pieces from the other ROM. Sorry I didn't see your post before, but we are all here to help.

I think that was me, no answer so far, wasted 5 bucks for nothing, no help from developers or any kind of customer assistance, and now i cant et my money back.

after all, I SBFed my phone, installed the 3 parts 4.5.588, rebooted, installed the 4.5.595 deodexed, rebooted, and finally, installed the BROODCOMB 3.0 from drewgaren dot com.
best deal ever., no need for special made apps. and its free.
for me, liberty sucks and i want my money back.

@yanko

You can install Liberty Gingerbread with one step from within the Donate Liberty Toolbox. There is (will be many more) a Honeycomb theme for LGB available for download. The special made app is for Liberty ROMs and it enhances the functionality of the ROM. You did not have to even purchase the Donate Liberty Toolbox, it is only there for people who want the latest and greatest Liberty ROMs (beta versions, and LGB nightlies). I highly disagree with your statement that "liberty sucks" and I know a few people that would side with me :) . I promise your $5 went to a good cause. Long Live Liberty!!!

yanko

Reaction score
I'm sorry for saying that liberty sucks, I was angry due the fact that I paid ad nobody told me that I should install it over another os that not the original one.
I asked for help when I was installing and got no answer for almost 2 weeks.. now I know, but its late for that, but, I will keep the liberty app so one day I might try it.
:)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry for saying that liberty sucks, I was angry due the fact that I paid ad nobody told me that I should install it over another os that not the original one.
I asked for help when I was installing and got no answer for almost 2 weeks.. now I know, but its late for that, but, I will keep the liberty app so one day I might try it.

If you mean no one told you you couldn't install it over the original liberty (2.0), right on the download link in the toolbox it says to make sure you are already on gb before flashing. If you meant something else, just disregard these words :). I would have totally helped you. I usually read every post on the liberty section, i'm surprised i didn't see it!

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

debrad0307

Reaction score

I'm sorry you didn't have a pleasant experience with liberty. I'm sure that you would have found the answers to your questions somewhere in this forum. As for installing liberty 2.01 or GB. 05 there are instructions everywhere to help you out. All you have to do is look

cjriddle22

Reaction score

If you mean no one told you you couldn't install it over the original liberty (2.0), right on the download link in the toolbox it says to make sure you are already on gb before flashing. If you meant something else, just disregard these words :). I would have totally helped you. I usually read every post on the liberty section, i'm surprised i didn't see it!

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

One reason you probably didn't receive support on this thread is because this is a FROYO ROM and you were asking about Liberty Gingerbread, which has it's own thread.

JpAll4Christ

Reaction score
With all the "buzz" going around about the new security flaw in Android pre 2.3, do I need to be worried about this at all since I am rooted and running Liberty 2?

I love the customization that I have been able to do since I've rooted, but I am not sure how I would go about updating the Android software. Do I need to unroot, then update and re-root the phone, and restore my customizations?

Thanks for whatever info you can help me with!

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Here's what you do... don't connect to shady wifi hotspots. If you're in a public place, ask an employee what the name of their hotspot is. if they say they don't know, slap them in the name of personal security, and talk to a manager, they should know.

JpAll4Christ

Reaction score
Here's what you do... don't connect to shady wifi hotspots. If you're in a public place, ask an employee what the name of their hotspot is. if they say they don't know, slap them in the name of personal security, and talk to a manager, they should know.

SO... this only applies to wi-fi connections! Ok, then I'm fine. I thought it was whenever you had either mobile data, or wireless data turned on.

Thanks! Appreciate it!

boilerdogg

Reaction score
epic blue

I am new to the forum so excuse me if this has been explained earlier in the threads. I SBF'd my X back to 2.3.340 and reinstalled Liberty 2.0.1. Actually did it twice, along with wiping data and cache. I still get the " invalid response code 404 " when downloading Facebook black and Epic blue. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is it just incompatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.